Rebel Legend

looks good, like the script at mid field
Justin_P34
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Looks great, I can't wait to see it!
HottyToddy'06
done

I held my breath as I opened the link. I was scared to death they would do something to reflect the current "hip hop"/"landshark"/"nike"/"Oregon" style..

But I love it!

Now please tell me they aren't screwing around with the greatest unis on the planet :?
Chucky_38
All American
All American

I absolutely LOVE it! Especially the blue endzones. Just hope they are navy and not royal blue like the block M at the 50 was. That looked terrible.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
Goroth

how long till it all turns pink?
Memphis Jack
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

[quote="Chucky_38"]I absolutely LOVE it! Especially the blue endzones. Just hope they are navy and not royal blue like the block M at the 50 was. That looked terrible.[/quote]

Chucky, I like the navy blue much better also, but I believe I read something a number of years ago about the school colors. Back in the day, when the colors were selected, they were identified as "the Royal Blue of Yale and the Crimson of Harvard". I guess that's why they bring out royal blue every now and then. Anyone else remember it that way?
done

Memphis Jack wrote:
Chucky_38 wrote:I absolutely LOVE it! Especially the blue endzones. Just hope they are navy and not royal blue like the block M at the 50 was. That looked terrible.
Chucky, I like the navy blue much better also, but I believe I read something a number of years ago about the school colors. Back in the day, when the colors were selected, they were identified as "the Royal Blue of Yale and the Crimson of Harvard". I guess that's why they bring out royal blue every now and then. Anyone else remember it that way?
When I got hooked (Archie) it was a lighter blue..I believe the Navy was a later incarnation...I may be wrong
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebchuck18 wrote:
Memphis Jack wrote:
Chucky_38 wrote:I absolutely LOVE it! Especially the blue endzones. Just hope they are navy and not royal blue like the block M at the 50 was. That looked terrible.
When I got hooked (Archie) it was a lighter blue..I believe the Navy was a later incarnation...I may be wrong
It is the Blue of Yale and the Crimson of Harvard...never has any reference to "Royal" ever been used and I believe it is exactly "PMS Blue 186 and PMS Red 221". A Piece of trivia I picked up a long time ago.
Last edited by Hagar on Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Later,
Hagar
done

Hagar wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:
Memphis Jack wrote: Chucky, I like the navy blue much better also, but I believe I read something a number of years ago about the school colors. Back in the day, when the colors were selected, they were identified as "the Royal Blue of Yale and the Crimson of Harvard". I guess that's why they bring out royal blue every now and then. Anyone else remember it that way?
It is the Blue of Yale and the Crimson of Harvard...never has any reference to "Royal" ever been used and I believe it is exactly "Blue 281 and Red 220". A Piece of trivia I picked up a long time ago.
I knew about the crimson, wasn't sure about the blue, so it definitely was not meant to be navy blue.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

And we wore royal blue helmets with navy blue jerseys under Vaught. It was a mistake. We ordered navy blue helmets but they sent us the lighter blue by mistake. Vaught went with it anyway and never changed it because we won with them. Years later Billy Brewer brought the light blue helmets back. Then Tubbs took us back to navy helmets.

Still like the navy better though.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebchuck18 wrote:
Hagar wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote: When I got hooked (Archie) it was a lighter blue..I believe the Navy was a later incarnation...I may be wrong
It is the Blue of Yale and the Crimson of Harvard...never has any reference to "Royal" ever been used and I believe it is exactly "Blue 281 and Red 220". A Piece of trivia I picked up a long time ago.
I knew about the crimson, wasn't sure about the blue, so it definitely was not meant to be navy blue.
NO the other way around it was never meant to be light blue.. it has always been a "Navy" blue
Later,
Hagar
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

To be accurate, Yale Blue is actually a blue/gray shade; not guite as dark as Navy, but nowhere near as light as the 'powder' blue advocated by some.

Yale Blue
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

olemsdave76 wrote:To be accurate, Yale Blue is actually a blue/gray shade; not guite as dark as Navy, but nowhere near as light as the 'powder' blue advocated by some.

Yale Blue
yes, your very accurate in your description of the true color
Later,
Hagar
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

So, has the unintended navy blue become some sort of tradition with which is not to be trifled?
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.