fieldturf

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

wpdrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

just read today that they are removing the astroplay surface and replacing it with fieldturf. it is supposed to be ready for the home opener. i wonder why they waited so long to do this? cutting kind of close if you ask me.
For evil to succeed, let good men do nothing.
HottyToddy1981
Water Boy
Water Boy

It say 2 mystery donors are funding it. My guess is that had to persuade those 2 top donors out of the money, therefore keeping the athletic budgit intact.
wpdrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

i just wish it would have been there earlier so our players could get more used to it. hopefully it wont be a problem.
For evil to succeed, let good men do nothing.
Justin_P34
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I have played on the astoplay before and I love the way it feels and loved playing on it. I thought the astoplay was the newest and best turf out. I'm not sure that I understand what the fieldturf is? Even though I liked our design of what we have now I never thought it was the best. Can someone explain the difference between the astroplay surface and the fieldturf? And does anyone have any idea what it will look like? Maybe back the the cursive Ole Miss in the endzone or cursive rebels in the endzones?
HottyToddy'06
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

from OMSports

After looking at all the different synthetic turf providers available, we felt FieldTurf was the best choice," Nutt said. "It looks like grass, it feels like grass and it plays like grass.

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticl ... EM_ID=2600

read somewhere that that did the NE Pats field - dont know if that's true, but if it is, should be ok.
Justin_P34
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Thanks, sounds great...I usually love the idea of anything new :) I cant wait to see what it looks like....I wonder what we will have in the endzones and midfield.
HottyToddy'06
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Justin_P34 wrote:Thanks, sounds great...I usually love the idea of anything new :) I cant wait to see what it looks like....I wonder what we will have in the endzones and midfield.
OLE MISS (the way we print Ole MISS) in one endzone REBELS in the other.
Ole MISS midfield (cursive I believe)

In other words same fonts as our logos, That's what I was told anyway.

I'll consult my source and give more detail (and corrections if needed)
Justin_P34
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Sounds great to me....I love the cursive Ole Miss, I think that would look great at the midfield.
HottyToddy'06
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Justin_P34 wrote:Sounds great to me....I love the cursive Ole Miss, I think that would look great at the midfield.
my brother actually told me, and I can't catch up with him, but here's a description from the other board that is close...maybe more detailed than what I was told.

We will have new turf this year. The company is field turf and they have a pretty impressive resume of customers. From my understanding the midfield logo will be the stacked "OLE MISS" script and the endzones will be navy with "Ole Miss" in red block letters trimmed in white in the north endzone and the south endzone will have "Rebels" in red block letters trimmed in white. I like this move!!
Jimbo
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I hope the script Ole Miss is in the middle of the field, and the proposed and discussed endzone treatment is great, BUT
Wouldn't it be super to have "State Sux" in the North Endzone and "GO TO HELL LSU" in the South end zone.
just kidding,
but wouldn't it be cool.
RUE
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Jimbo wrote:I hope the script Ole Miss is in the middle of the field, and the proposed and discussed endzone treatment is great, BUT
Wouldn't it be super to have "State Sux" in the North Endzone and "GO TO HELL LSU" in the South end zone.
just kidding,
but wouldn't it be cool.
That would look better on State's field. Got any diesel?
Jimbo
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I like the way you think
RUE
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

wpdrebel wrote:just read today that they are removing the astroplay surface and replacing it with fieldturf. it is supposed to be ready for the home opener. i wonder why they waited so long to do this? cutting kind of close if you ask me.

This would be the time to notate the 38 yardlines. IMHO.
L. S. WHO?
Justin_P34
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

oxpatchreb wrote:
wpdrebel wrote:just read today that they are removing the astroplay surface and replacing it with fieldturf. it is supposed to be ready for the home opener. i wonder why they waited so long to do this? cutting kind of close if you ask me.

It would be the perfect finish to a beautiful field.
HottyToddy'06
done

Justin_P34 wrote:
oxpatchreb wrote:

It would be the perfect finish to a beautiful field.
Won't happen. They are phasing Chucky out IMO...patch will go soon, you watch