Secondary Depth suggestion/topic for discussion

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

With the unfortunate news concerning Tig (get well bud) and the emergence of Patterson, Logan, Grant, and Grandy as viable options to go with Hodge, Dex, Summers, and Breaux in the wide reciever rotation, not to mention Melvin Harris as a potential redzone weapon, what would yall think of moving Andrew Harris to Safety? 6'4 210ish who runs a legit 4.5. Could learn both positions this season with an eye toward replacing Kendrick next year. Just a thought.
Last edited by john_avery_fast on Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
fis
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I wouldn't mind seeing it. Receivers are a dime a dozen anyway. They need to move somebody over their if they can play
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

No thanks.
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

MtownRebel wrote:No thanks.
I'm with you. Have you seen Andrew Harris up close? He is built like an elite wideout. He's still young and could be a real weapon for us offensively over the next few seasons. I expect him to have a breakout year next season.
Don't try to teach a pig to sing. They'll call you silly names and get all bitter about head coach.
done

Until they prove otherwise, I will trust that HDN and staff will do what is best for short term and long term. I won't worry about the minutia as much with this staff.

Man I can't wait until kickoff.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

I think you see a running back moved before you do a wideout.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Whatever feelings you have on keeping a young receiver like harris at wr should and may be put on the backburner if we get any injuries in the secondary early in the season. We have a great defense and our secondary is good but we cannot afford any injuries because we have absolutely no depth there. Teams are going to be passing 95 percent of the time on us because our defensive line is gonna make em pass and thats going to make alot of our secondary cover more guys on more plays then their used to. We have to move someone to the secondary because if you look at who is fighting for the 2nd spot at safety at the moment theres only 2 maybe 3 other guys Coach Nutts trying to get in there. We have a whole crop of receivers that could help at that spot if we need em to. Don't be suprised if we end up doing that and if that turns out to be best for the team then I'm all for it.
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

He is one of our best pass blocking WRs. He is not a safety. Expect a move from Lionel or immediate playing time for the younger guys before you see Harris on the other side of the ball.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

No. He is the favorite WR of Nathan Stanley and there is no way he could play Safety. Grandy maybe but it sounds like hes stuck on offense bc he is supposedly explosive. Im fine with Ingram back there and I think Herman will be ok as backups . Its too late for Breaux and Summers and I dont think they could play there anyways. Joel Kight could be an option but hes solid at LB. If we had marry though, we couldve slid Kight back there, but no dice.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

BigTrev34 wrote:No. He is the favorite WR of Nathan Stanley and there is no way he could play Safety. Grandy maybe but it sounds like hes stuck on offense bc he is supposedly explosive. Im fine with Ingram back there and I think Herman will be ok as backups . Its too late for Breaux and Summers and I dont think they could play there anyways. Joel Kight could be an option but hes solid at LB. If we had marry though, we couldve slid Kight back there, but no dice.
what do you mean there is no way he could play S? Thats a big statement.
plus what evidence do you have he is Stanley's favorite reciever?
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
OMNOB
2nd String
2nd String

parrotreb wrote:I think you see a running back moved before you do a wideout.
Spot on right.
"America is the New York Yankees of countries,powerful and respected until the year 2000"-Homer Simpson
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

olemsdave76 wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:No. He is the favorite WR of Nathan Stanley and there is no way he could play Safety. Grandy maybe but it sounds like hes stuck on offense bc he is supposedly explosive. Im fine with Ingram back there and I think Herman will be ok as backups . Its too late for Breaux and Summers and I dont think they could play there anyways. Joel Kight could be an option but hes solid at LB. If we had marry though, we couldve slid Kight back there, but no dice.
what do you mean there is no way he could play S? Thats a big statement.
plus what evidence do you have he is Stanley's favorite reciever?
I have no proof that he is stanleys favorite wr but everytime I hear Stanley doing something good it's always with Andrew Harris. they seem to always be involved with eachother. I also think that at 6'4 that is very big for a safety and I'm not sure he could move like a safety and I think he has the ability to be a very good wr. when I think of him as a safety I just don't think of a potentially good safety, just a body in the secondary only bc of depth concerns. it will not happen anyways so it doesn't matter anyways. another thhought though would be to move Crawford or Sawyer or temple there for this year only. also dele junaid could possibly be in the mix but I haven't heard anything good or bad about him in practice so I don't know