Joe McKnight

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

BrettInAtlanta
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Watching the USC-Ohio St. game and wondering, how good would this Ole Miss team be if we had signed Joe McKnight? Are we sure he would be #1 on the depth chart?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Heath
All American
All American

I haven't been super impressed. I mean, he gets ok yards, but I agreed with Herbstreit when he said McKnght dances too much in an attempt to make too much happen. I think Bolden, Eason, and Davis can be just as good if not better.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

There is no way to know how he would have developed (or not develop under O; not much in the way of player develpment then) if he had come to Ole Miss.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
done

olemsdave76 wrote:There is no way to know how he would have developed (or not develop under O; not much in the way of player develpment then) if he had come to Ole Miss.
he was never coming to Ole Miss. He was one of those names that O just got on the "considering" list to boost his reputation. I like our threesome just fine. There does not appear to be a diva or hot dog among them.

Off subject, but I notice the refs have been much quicker to throw flags for unsportsmanlike conduct this year (which I applaud), so we might want to be careful with the landshark. I saw a couple of things like defensive backs waving hands in front of their face after a pass breakup being flagged. I am very glad because this self indulgent self congratulation has gotten out of hand. A simple tackle at the line of scrimmage is being celebrated like a game winning catch.