Read this USA/Today headline sports story

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

I didn't know Eli worked out most of this summer at Ole Miss although I knew he visited this summer. He gave our backs and receivers quite a preparation for the season. Anyway, this is a great story about Ole Miss' resurgence in college football, and there are great quotes from Archie, Eli and Michael Oher. You'll love this story.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/ ... lina_N.htm
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Dexter was so cute. Hard to imagine anyone not liking him, isn't it? :lol:
Hope our WildRebel looks as good tonight as Mia's did Mon, with the diff being our top receivers can catch the ball for the winning TD.

Good story, thanks for posting the link! GO REBELS!
RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

The betting line has now gone from -3 points in favor of Ole Miss to - 4 1/2 points, and the money is flowing in big time. I'm trying to figure out if that is a good sign or bad sign, but I guess it is what it is. Go Rebels.

By the way, I believe we will win tonight. With last year's success, including great success on the road and under hostile conditions, the confidence is there to win. Also, despite all the pre-season hype, there are a horde of so-called experts who believe we will fold simply because we are Ole Miss. Well, I think they are wrong as I said, BUT win or lose, our season is not over if we lose tonight. Since USC is an East Division school, we can easily make it to Atlanta and a BCS bowl game (possibly even two more losses could still get us to Atlanta and possibly one more loss to a BCS bowl game) despite whatever happens tonight. And even if we lose one or two more games and also lose tonight, I believe the year can still be a great one with a great bowl game and high ranking (since when did a 10-3 record deserve to be sneared at??????). Now, I'm not down on the Rebels chances, but there are lots of people who are Rebs who are down about tonight's game, but I am just not one of them, no matter what happens.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

RichmondVAReb wrote:The betting line has now gone from -3 points in favor of Ole Miss to - 4 1/2 points, and the money is flowing in big time. I'm trying to figure out if that is a good sign or bad sign, but I guess it is what it is. Go Rebels.

By the way, I believe we will win tonight. With last year's success, including great success on the road and under hostile conditions, the confidence is there to win. Also, despite all the pre-season hype, there are a horde of so-called experts who believe we will fold simply because we are Ole Miss. Well, I think they are wrong as I said, BUT win or lose, our season is not over if we lose tonight. Since USC is an East Division school, we can easily make it to Atlanta and a BCS bowl game (possibly even two more losses could still get us to Atlanta and possibly one more loss to a BCS bowl game) despite whatever happens tonight. And even if we lose one or two more games and also lose tonight, I believe the year can still be a great one with a great bowl game and high ranking (since when did a 10-3 record deserve to be sneared at??????). Now, I'm not down on the Rebels chances, but there are lots of people who are Rebs who are down about tonight's game, but I am just not one of them, no matter what happens.
Hear ya, but for me its only a GREAT season if we go to Atl, failing that the best we could hope for is a good-cinderella- loses -her- fickle prince-season :(
------------------

I still think that I will, at some point before kickoff, have to puke. :sconf:
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Sasquatch wrote:I still think that I will, at some point before kickoff, have to puke. :sconf:
LOL. Same. same.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Sasquatch wrote:I still think that I will, at some point before kickoff, have to puke. :sconf:
Let's all puke together!
Honestly, I haven't been this anxious about a game since we missed two FGs...
Yep, I'm gonna be sick too. :twitch:
rebeloni
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Thought mine was just morning sickness, but then I realized I'm old and male
done

BobReb wrote:
Let's all puke together!
Honestly, I haven't been this anxious about a game since we missed two FGs...
Yep, I'm gonna be sick too. :twitch:
This is in my view the most important game of my years as a Rebel fan....until next week. I am anxious, but excited. I truly believe in this team and this staff and love all the naysayers.

5 1/2 hours!!!!!!

Little Eli and I are already in the midst of pre-game preparations!!!

He is looking to be 6-0 as a Reb in his lifetime!!!!!
------------------

That explains it: your little Eli is our good luck charm.

You better keep that kid around, Chuck!
cajunrebel

rebeloni wrote:Thought mine was just morning sickness, but then I realized I'm old and male
excellent
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeloni wrote:Thought mine was just morning sickness, but then I realized I'm old and male
You're definitely old, chief....not sure about the male part.