Need some help guys!!!!!!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

we gave up 12 points on turnovers. If the offense had competed it would have been another nail biter. We should have beat them. I can two hand pass some of the throws Snead flubbed and yes I mean the first down we missed to DM inside our own twenty...anyone know which one I'm talking about?
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
Chucky_38
All American
All American

I am willing to bet that not a single one of you could do any better than Snead. In fact, you would be worse. If playing qb in the SEC is so easy, go do it.

Snead will be fine. Enjoy the ride.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
done

Chucky_38 wrote:I am willing to bet that not a single one of you could do any better than Snead. In fact, you would be worse. If playing qb in the SEC is so easy, go do it.

That is the best defense of Snead you got?...We are not SEC QB's he is supposed to be.

I do know that there are 91 QB's in the FBS doing better than him. The question is not whether we could be better, but could any of our backups be better? They couldn't be worse.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

And what happened tonight? If Snead is so bad how did he play so well?
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Bolden has not struggled, we run him one time then do 19 other things and run him a 2nd time. He hasn't been fed the ball enough for him to struggle.

good win tonight. Snead wasn't playing an SEC defense, but his throws got crisper as the game went along.
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
done

Chucky_38 wrote:And what happened tonight? If Snead is so bad how did he play so well?
Do you even pay attention to what is said:

1) tonight was his best game
2) UAB was the opponent, and Stanley looked as good
3) nobody wants Snead to do bad and we know he has talent
4) we all hope he plays well the rest of the year, and
5) if we run the table and he throws 5 td's a game it will not change the fact that our championship hopes were ended because of the play of our QB against SC and Bama and we need a QB that doesn't take 5 games each year tp get warmed up
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

5) if we run the table and he throws 5 td's a game it will not change the fact that our championship hopes were ended because of the play of our QB against SC and Bama and we need a QB that doesn't take 5 games each year tp get warmed up
succinct and 100% correct - also its a big 'if'
ruready
Water Boy
Water Boy

The difference tonight was not snead...but the running game coming alive. Once the running game posed a threat it is amazing how good snead can be. Games that we lost.... running game was anemic, and OL produciton was horrible. I look for another challenge next week, where the OL needs to produce a threat of the ground...if we do... I look for a big day with snead. The emergence of the freshman RB is very encouraging....he looks like a real threat. We have to establish physical play up front....if we do that...look for a repeat of last year in the second half of the season, and an outstanding year from Snead.[

quote="Rebchuck18"]
Chucky_38 wrote:And what happened tonight? If Snead is so bad how did he play so well?
Do you even pay attention to what is said:

1) tonight was his best game
2) UAB was the opponent, and Stanley looked as good
3) nobody wants Snead to do bad and we know he has talent
4) we all hope he plays well the rest of the year, and
5) if we run the table and he throws 5 td's a game it will not change the fact that our championship hopes were ended because of the play of our QB against SC and Bama and we need a QB that doesn't take 5 games each year tp get warmed up[/quote]
All the kings horses and all the kings men for a SEC championship!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

the difference tonight was the team was on the same page of the same book. take what ya want from it but earlier when they were on the same page some were not reading the same novel. we have had just as convincing wins by score board but not as convincing on the field. ok it was uab but dang y'all i'm not comparing this game to bama or usc. this was how it should have been against memphis high. this was good.
------------------

Chucky_38 wrote:I am willing to bet that not a single one of you could do any better than Snead. In fact, you would be worse. If playing qb in the SEC is so easy, go do it.

Dude, are you serious? By playing the "if you can't do better yourself then shut up" card, you've reduced this discussion to complete childishness and utter ridiculousness.

Yes, Snead had a much better game last night, but it doesn't erase his inept play against all 3 of our SEC opponents so far this year, nor does it eliminate the potential for him to immediately return to playing disgustingly below his potential.

When he actually proves himself against a legitimate opponent this year, win OR lose, only then will we cut him some slack. But until he does, he deserves every bit of grief he's given here.
RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

I stayed in MS to see the UAB game. Snead looked great, and the running game was very good as well. Our coaches said that they were going to start over again as far as our offense goes after examining our offense on film this week, and I believe that is what they have done. The entire offense did their job, and that is why there was such a turnaround. Neither Arkansas nor Auburn have great defenses, so I suspect a continution of the success of our offense over the next several games. Yes, TN and LSU have good defenses, but I believe the confidence we gain over the next several games will allow us to overcome our earlier problems. I believe the end of this season is going to be similar to the end of last year. That doesn't mean that we will run the table, but I believe the offense will be successful.

I had the same high hopes as most Rebels when we started this year. I am sorry that it took so long to get the offense rolling, but that is something we all are just going to have to accept. Given where we are right now, the most important thing is for us to support this team so that we will have another great recruiting class. If we prove to be a successful team by season's end, then I believe we'll have a great recruiting class success as well. Hopefully as a result our coaches will be able to close the depth gaps they have been experiencing since Coach Nutt arrived. We'll have a lot of great players graduating, but another great recruiting class may go a long way toward compensating for that loss (on last night's postgame show, the announcers were extolling the great recruits on hand for the game).

Folks, we do need to support this team totally as Rebel fans because with a successful recruiting class we just may be able to finally get this team to Atlanta sooner rather than later. I am not going to give up on being a Rebel, and I am not going to beatup on Snead for something I do not believe was primarily his fault. The coaches are on top of our real problems (depth and experience at key positions), and I believe they are going to cure it all if we will give them the standard time new coaches need to develop their team.
Last edited by RichmondVAReb on Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Snead did not have his best game because the run game got started! We only managed 163 yards rushing against a average c-usa team and if you were watching the game then you saw snead bail us out of 5 3rd and long situations that were brought upon us because the running backs only gained 2 yards on 1st and 2nd down! Jevan doesn't need a run game to have the type of game he had last night, what Jevan needs is confidence and time in the pocket to let his receivers get open and thats what he got! There's also proof of accuracy: Jevan completed 3 throws that were dead on with tight coverage on our wrs! If jevan messes up any of those throws it ends up being another interception but he didn't because it was obvious that when he gains confidence noone can stop him.
done

jrebel87 wrote: when he gains confidence noone can stop him.
I am glad you get that from a victory against a CUSA wannabe...hope you are right, but even if you are the fact remains that five games is too long to wait on an SEC QB to get warmed up.

I don't want to start next year wondering if we have to give up on the first five games, so I hope they give Stanley some real reps with the first team and get Cotton ready in the off season. I do not want to go into another season with our fingers crossed that our QB might decide to show up before our fourth conference game.
Last edited by done on Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:Snead did not have his best game because the run game got started! We only managed 163 yards rushing against a average c-usa team and if you were watching the game then you saw snead bail us out of 5 3rd and long situations that were brought upon us because the running backs only gained 2 yards on 1st and 2nd down! Jevan doesn't need a run game to have the type of game he had last night, what Jevan needs is confidence and time in the pocket to let his receivers get open and thats what he got! There's also proof of accuracy: Jevan completed 3 throws that were dead on with tight coverage on our wrs! If jevan messes up any of those throws it ends up being another interception but he didn't because it was obvious that when he gains confidence noone can stop him.
So he didn't have confidence after,
1) being showered with accolades from last season
2) being hyped as the 2nd best QB in the SEC after Tebow
3) being predicted to be the 1st QB taken in the '10 NFL draft
4) named as a possible Heisman contender, and
5) having his team ranked #4 in the nation, bc he was the starting QB (SI cover)
What does it take???

I'm not sure confidence is the issue here. I like JS, and I think he has potential to be a very good QB, but he is as responsible as the Oline and the coaches for this season's embarrassing loses to Scar/bamie. He is also supposed to be a team leader and leaders do not adopt a deer-lost-in-the-headlights-look when the going is difficult (ex. Marshay, Dexter, Hardy, Lockett. Powe, Brown - no deer look-a-likes there). Hmm, seems that most of the leadership is on the D side, maybe that's part of the problem.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Maybe just the soph jinx. It is his second year. The soph jinx is a statement I have heard for almost fifty years now. Got to be some truth to it.