Jevan's success is all about confidence

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

If you look at the game from last night and Sneads success in that game then you notice 2 important things: 1, Jevan is a unique qb in the sense that he doesn't need the run game to be going if he is successful, what snead needs in confidence. What I mean by that is look at how he played when the offensive line actually gave him a pocket to throw in! We only managed 163 yards rushing last night so there were times that we were faced with alot of 3rd and longs and had to count on Jevan to bail us out and thats exactly what he did! Jevan completed 3 or 4 passes into tight coverage that the average qb couldn't make. He completed those passed because he was confident that he had the time to step up and throw the ball. If you remember last year we sat at 3-4 and the season looked bleak but the offense had a coming out party and took off from there. If these guys hold on the this confidence then we can finish the season 10-2. I have every confidence that snead will play well against arkansas because he now has a game to look back at and say "if I play like that then we score alot of points". We will need no motivation to play well against arkansas. Arkansas is a great team and they have been playing lights out the past few weeks but we are a great team also and if we play with CONFIDENCE then we can beat the piggys. Look at it this way as well, even if snead doesn't play well we have stanley and man I'll tell ya he looks great. Stanley will be a all conference qb and he already has the ability to lead this team if something happens to snead, so chill out everythings gonna be aight!
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

10 - 2 will not get us to Atl - that should be our goal every year, and that's what I wanted for this team. doesnt really matter any more
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

bleuwolfe wrote:10 - 2 will not get us to Atl - that should be our goal every year, and that's what I wanted for this team. doesnt really matter any more
Sad, but true. We've already lost what we were playing for. Kind of puts a damper on everything else, even if we do run the table from here on. Hope we do, but a trip to nowhere was not what most of us were hoping for.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BobReb wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote:10 - 2 will not get us to Atl - that should be our goal every year, and that's what I wanted for this team. doesnt really matter any more
Sad, but true. We've already lost what we were playing for. Kind of puts a damper on everything else, even if we do run the table from here on. Hope we do, but a trip to nowhere was not what most of us were hoping for.
yep. the D deserves a good bowl, so I hope they get one, other than that...see^^
Chucky_38
All American
All American

What a pathetic attitude. Its all or nothing is it? Turn in your Rebel gear now and jump on the Bama bandwagon or the Gator Bandwagon because they are the only schools that are going to be GREAT every year. If you think we are playing for nothing I don't want you in the stands or wearing red and blue. Terrible, terrible attitude. We have not won the SEC since before Nam. Don't let that ruin a season for you. [/code]
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chucky_38 wrote:What a pathetic attitude. Its all or nothing is it? Turn in your Rebel gear now and jump on the Bama bandwagon or the Gator Bandwagon because they are the only schools that are going to be GREAT every year. If you think we are playing for nothing I don't want you in the stands or wearing red and blue. Terrible, terrible attitude. We have not won the SEC since before Nam. Don't let that ruin a season for you. [/code]
Well at least WE want the Rebels to win. Your attitude is just too sad for words. WE DIDN'T LAND ON THE MOON BEFORE WE LANDED ON THE MOON either DID WE. You will never undestand. But when I am in the stands I scream my head off until the end - bitter or otherwise, and usually I am one of the very few who do stay to the end and support MY Rebels.
Jimbo
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I agree with the statement about Jevan Sneed, but I also am afraid when he does well against questionable pass defenses, it alters his judgement on thinking he can do the same thing with the same success against anybody. As far as our season being over, Not so fast! We won't get to ATL, but we can beat Ark Pig U, LSU, State, Tn and Awbarn. That limits the amount of crap we have to put up with, and that is good. We will have a decent bowl if we run the board.
RUE
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

I've been a season ticket holder for many, many years. And generally I have been satisfied with the Indy Bowl or whatever.
All we are saying is that we expected MORE this year, and therefore, YES the season is a letdown at this point.
jump on the Bama bandwagon or the Gator Bandwagon because they are the only schools that are going to be GREAT every year
And personally, I consider this a bad attitude. Okay, so you are satisfied with the status quo? A smaller bowl? And you don't want to achieve greater things?
Well, we beg to differ. And no, I do not expect to be in the BCS every year. I just wanted a shot at the SEC Championship, and then, if we lost, a chance to play in the Sugar Bowl. So yes, from that perspective, it's just another season at this point.
I'm still hoping for a bowl game, of course. But it's still going to be a letdown, even if it's the Cotton Bowl again...
I sure hope our D is up to snuffing out the pigglets...
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BobReb wrote:I've been a season ticket holder for many, many years. And generally I have been satisfied with the Indy Bowl or whatever.
All we are saying is that we expected MORE this year, and therefore, YES the season is a letdown at this point.
jump on the Bama bandwagon or the Gator Bandwagon because they are the only schools that are going to be GREAT every year
And personally, I consider this a bad attitude. Okay, so you are satisfied with the status quo? A smaller bowl? And you don't want to achieve greater things?
Well, we beg to differ. And no, I do not expect to be in the BCS every year. I just wanted a shot at the SEC Championship, and then, if we lost, a chance to play in the Sugar Bowl. So yes, from that perspective, it's just another season at this point.
I'm still hoping for a bowl game, of course. But it's still going to be a letdown, even if it's the Cotton Bowl again...
I sure hope our D is up to snuffing out the pigglets...
We expected a WHOLE LOT LESS last year...but I attended and enjoyed the Cotton Bowl in spite of those expectations.

Point is, sometimes you get more and sometimes you get less. Ever left your favorite restaurant disappointed in the food and the service? Thought it could never happen?
It happens in every facet of life...and it certainly happens in NCAA football.

Anybody even have an idea how many EX-Top ten team fan bases are out there having these same conversations after 7 weeks?
Chucky_38
All American
All American

I guess we just see it differently. I can't imagine being disappointed in a winning season. I also can't imagine really expecting us to be an SEC Champion. To me thats like expecting a Ford Taurus to outrun a Porche at the local drag strip. Its not happening. But thats just me.

To each their own. We all love our Rebs and we all scream for them on gameday. I was outta line with that crap earlier. I just hate to hear people talk about a wasted year halfway into a 4-2 season.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
done

Of course 10-2 would be lovely and if we gave it our all in those two games and got beat by clearly superior teams I would not be overly disappointed. It is the circumstance of those losses that is so disappointing. And from what I have seen I do not believe that Florida or Bama are as good as they were last year. But neither are the other top teams. That is what is so disappointing. The golden opportunity that we let slip through our hands, and how one of the supposed returning strengths of our team facilitated that slippage.

But now that the pressure of opportunity is off of his shoulders, maybe he can help us run the table against a very favorable schedule. I sure hope so!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

At the beginning of the season I thought 10-2 would be enough to get to Atlanta. Well at least by a tie breaker but Bama changed that. They are the ones who stepped it up. Let these young men play with your full support. Yes, support with criticism cause it is football.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I would also like to remind those of you that say this season is a lost cause of a few things: Yes we had higher expectations for this season and yes we deserve a trip to atlanta but did you really expect this in the second season! Do I really have to remind everyone where our program was only 2 years ago? Let me remind you.....winless in the conference and 4 straight losing seasons. A program very rarely goes from winless in conference to sec champions in only 2 years. In fact that hasn't happened to any sec team since the current format was introduced. We have a chance to be 10-2 or 9-3 or even 8-4 this season and I bet you anything that 2 years ago if I told you we would win 8 plus games in each of Nutts first 2 years you would have been jumping for joy! What you have to understand is this is a process and a slow one at that. The sec west championship will come.....what Nutt needed to do to get this program on a winning track has happened...he is winning! And thats why we hired Housten Nutt, to win. Yes I was hoping for a sec title but considering what we went through for so many years I would be very happy with another new years day bowl in only the 2nd season.
done

jrebel87 wrote: The sec west championship will come......
Not without a consistent SEC caliber QB...and this was the easiest year to get it...Bama and LSU will only get better, and maybe Auburn too. We blew a golden opportunity, not only to win the West, but to entice that next great SEC QB to come play for us...the spotlight was on us..the nation was watching..and the play of our QB turned those lights off.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rather cynical to think that the only way we can compete is if others are down. Snead will be back next year and better than ever. Additinoally, both Stanley and Cotton have potential to turn into first class QBs. As far as competing without a top notch SEC QB, look at Alabama. They easily won the west last year and went undefeated on the regular season with a very average QB. This year they are going to win the west again and are many people's favorite to win the NC, once again with a less than stellar QB.