Ole Miss vs Arkansas

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
LCW wrote:
lewindha wrote:Arkansas definitely scares me. They can beat us, despite what some of our overzealous folks are saying.

Here's what gives me hope. Snead's performace against UAB. Yes, Hog fans, I know it was UAB. But IMO, Snead has looked like garbage in every game this year. Except the UAB game. He threw a couple of picks against Memphis. He was 16 of 28 against freaking SE LA and didn't look accurate. And he threw 3 picks against Vandy. I won't even rehash S. Car. and Bama.

But this past weekend, his passes were accurate and on-time, except for maybe 2 long balls that were overthrown(but were no where near being picked off).

This is an even match up IMO.
Totally in agreement. I think, as I've said, that this will be a very close game. The winner by 3-7 points....I've got nothing but admiration for Mallett...he's got one H*ll of an arm....our D has been playing pretty much lights out....Hardy is once again almost in one piece again....the Hogs always play tough....and I think the Rebs have their confidence on the upswing.

I wouldn't want to bet a paycheck on this one. But still think the Rebs pull it out....OM by 4.
If it is a close game I think we lose. Because if Snead plays well, then we should score a lot of points against their porous defense, while our defense should hold them in check. But if Snead plays as he has been playing then I see them kicking enough field goals, or capitalizing on turnovers to beat us. As usual I believe our fate is tied directly to Snead. Let's hope the good Snead shows up.
Once again I have to agree with Chuck, if this is a close game things have horrible gone wrong. If Snead and the O plays to potential we win by 14 or more.
Randy
hogfancb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Rebchuck18 wrote:
SilverFox wrote: I truly do not believer that the Rebels can win an offensive shootout with the Hogs with ineffectual defenses on both sides of the ball. That's just one man's opinion, of course.
"Ineffectual defenses on both sides of the ball"...first of all I will assume you meant ineffectual defenses on both teams....

Secondly...excuse me? The Rebels defense is ranked in the top 10 nationally in virtually every category including scoring defense (the only one that really matters)..and in the top 5 nationally in red zone defense....

Among SEC teams Arky is ranked 4th in scoring offense and the Rebels are 6th...hardly a significant difference in spite of our QB being ranked 92 out of 100 among FBS QB's because of his horrible play so far...

On defense...the Rebels are ranked 3rd in the conference in scoring defense, just a point and a half behind number 2 Alabama..Arkansas? Ranked 11th out of 12 teams, giving up 14 more points a game than Ole Miss (two TD's!)....the only team giving up more points per game than Arky is Georgia.

Ineffectual defense? Well you got it half right. Please don't bring that ill informed garbage to our discussions.

Florida was ranked higher in every catagory than Ole Miss and the hogs moved the ball on them. The key factor in this game is the Nutt Factor. He calls the plays and that's not good for you.
done

hogfancb wrote: The key factor in this game is the Nutt Factor. He calls the plays and that's not good for you.
Still can't get over that old girlfriend can you. Let it go. Maybe a good 12 step program is what you need.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

hogfancb wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:
SilverFox wrote: I truly do not believer that the Rebels can win an offensive shootout with the Hogs with ineffectual defenses on both sides of the ball. That's just one man's opinion, of course.
"Ineffectual defenses on both sides of the ball"...first of all I will assume you meant ineffectual defenses on both teams....

Secondly...excuse me? The Rebels defense is ranked in the top 10 nationally in virtually every category including scoring defense (the only one that really matters)..and in the top 5 nationally in red zone defense....

Among SEC teams Arky is ranked 4th in scoring offense and the Rebels are 6th...hardly a significant difference in spite of our QB being ranked 92 out of 100 among FBS QB's because of his horrible play so far...

On defense...the Rebels are ranked 3rd in the conference in scoring defense, just a point and a half behind number 2 Alabama..Arkansas? Ranked 11th out of 12 teams, giving up 14 more points a game than Ole Miss (two TD's!)....the only team giving up more points per game than Arky is Georgia.

Ineffectual defense? Well you got it half right. Please don't bring that ill informed garbage to our discussions.

Florida was ranked higher in every catagory than Ole Miss and the hogs moved the ball on them. The key factor in this game is the Nutt Factor. He calls the plays and that's not good for you.
Florida didn't have near the number of turnovers we have had...many on our side of the field...against Alabama included. Our defense has spent more than 38 minutes on the field even in games we have had blow outs.
If our OOC games were scrimmages, Florida's have been JV scrimmages. Florida is not unbeatable and there are several who could beat them if they catch them at the right time and get an official's call or two to go their way (I think you agree with that part). They miss their offensive coordinator more than they know. Nutt called the plays when he and your WR/QB beat Eli and the "QB Coach" in 7 overtimes. I wish he hadn't.

you might beat us, but don't pin your hopes on the Florida game.
RebelConvert
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

This is not the same piggy team that we saw last year, mind you. They have improved week after week. I think it'll be closer than we care for, but I would gladly eat a heaping pile of crow (or swine, if that's more appropriate) if I'm wrong. I think we can pull it out but Snead has to be completely on today and our D has to rattle Mallet (or "Mullet" as my dad called him) and get him to make some mistakes. Y'all, gotta be honest here... I'm a little nervous.
We're not snobs... we're just better than you.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

RebelConvert wrote:This is not the same piggy team that we saw last year, mind you. They have improved week after week. I think it'll be closer than we care for, but I would gladly eat a heaping pile of crow (or swine, if that's more appropriate) if I'm wrong. I think we can pull it out but Snead has to be completely on today and our D has to rattle Mallet (or "Mullet" as my dad called him) and get him to make some mistakes. Y'all, gotta be honest here... I'm a little nervous.
Look who's back from the netherworld!
cajunrebel

arkansasgolfer wrote:
Chucky_38 wrote: After all, from our point of view, its just Arkansas.
just Arkansas? If we are "just Arkansas" what does that make Ole Miss? Your program is a joke. Arkansas is going to mop the floor this weekend and remind you guys that you are "just Ole Miss"
I hope that you will come back today and man up about your comment.

I will take "just being Ole Miss" any day.

Arkansasgolfer. . .Bueller. . .Arkansasgolfer. . .Bueller?
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here