Snead played almost Flawless!Saw classy arky fans today...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I was just looking at the olemiss-Arky game thread and I saw where a few of you were blasting away at Jevan.....after that performance he just gave our team! Jevan completely manhandled the arkansas defense today and reached a career high in pass yards AND completed over 65 % of his passes, and the 2 ints weren't his fault they were both tipped (the 2nd one was a bit underthrown but our wr still got his hands on it and could have batted it down)! Let me give you the stats for this "horrible qb we have in oxford" Pass yards-332 completions-22 of 33 , tds-2 ints 2 (weren't his fault), so as you see jevan played well and for the past 2 weeks has been the qb we knew he was....so those of you that are still harping on him give him a break he has played extremely well since the bama game. On another note surprisingly I sat by countless classy arky fans at the game who actually got up and congratulated me and my fellow reb fans for the win, that was classy and thank you if you see this message. Oh by the way....Dex is the freakin man! 260 all purpose yards!
done

jrebel87 wrote:I was just looking at the olemiss-Arky game thread and I saw where a few of you were blasting away at Jevan.....after that performance he just gave our team! Jevan completely manhandled the arkansas defense today and reached a career high in pass yards AND completed over 65 % of his passes, and the 2 ints weren't his fault they were both tipped (the 2nd one was a bit underthrown but our wr still got his hands on it and could have batted it down)! Let me give you the stats for this "horrible qb we have in oxford" Pass yards-332 completions-22 of 33 , tds-2 ints 2 (weren't his fault), so as you see jevan played well and for the past 2 weeks has been the qb we knew he was....so those of you that are still harping on him give him a break he has played extremely well since the bama game. On another note surprisingly I sat by countless classy arky fans at the game who actually got up and congratulated me and my fellow reb fans for the win, that was classy and thank you if you see this message. Oh by the way....Dex is the freakin man! 260 all purpose yards!
If you think Snead was flawless you are going straight to the veins with the Kool Aid. He certainly had his best game of the year, but at the time we were criticizing him he was on the verge of reverting to Bad Jevan. Horrible interception followed by another series of aimless passes. Dex bailed him out and got him back on his game with that screen pass TD. Dex manhandled Arky today. But Jevan's good play today proves the point that our expectations for this season were nowhere near unreasonable. When we have decent QB play it allows the rest of our offensive weapons to explode. How many screen passes did he throw poorly against SC and Bama that the skilled players might have turned into big plays or even scores?

Today's game absolutely shows that if he even had 50% games against SC and Bama, we would likely be undefeated and in the top 4 in the country. We have never doubted he had the talent. If he didn't we wouldn't be nearly as upset about his inept play in the first 3 SEC games, but the inconsistency of his execution cost us the big prize. But nobody roots harder for him than me and I think that if he keeps his head on straight we can run the table and at least be at Jerry World in January for the Cotton Bowl.
Heath
All American
All American

Well, I think jevan did play well, compared to his past performances. But, I also think that the line blocked better for him today than they have in any past SEC game. So, I think he had more time to throw and didn't get the "I had better throw to the first man ASAP" mentality. So that may have helped.
Heath
All American
All American

Rebchuck18 wrote:
jrebel87 wrote:I was just looking at the olemiss-Arky game thread and I saw where a few of you were blasting away at Jevan.....after that performance he just gave our team! Jevan completely manhandled the arkansas defense today and reached a career high in pass yards AND completed over 65 % of his passes, and the 2 ints weren't his fault they were both tipped (the 2nd one was a bit underthrown but our wr still got his hands on it and could have batted it down)! Let me give you the stats for this "horrible qb we have in oxford" Pass yards-332 completions-22 of 33 , tds-2 ints 2 (weren't his fault), so as you see jevan played well and for the past 2 weeks has been the qb we knew he was....so those of you that are still harping on him give him a break he has played extremely well since the bama game. On another note surprisingly I sat by countless classy arky fans at the game who actually got up and congratulated me and my fellow reb fans for the win, that was classy and thank you if you see this message. Oh by the way....Dex is the freakin man! 260 all purpose yards!
Jerry World in January for the Cotton Bowl.
Isn't it also known as Six Flags over Jerry? :lol:
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

Heath wrote:Well, I think jevan did play well, compared to his past performances. But, I also think that the line blocked better for him today than they have in any past SEC game. So, I think he had more time to throw and didn't get the "I had better throw to the first man ASAP" mentality. So that may have helped.
This is my thought exactly. I know Jevan has his own share of the responsibility for the first half of the season, but the line was, imo, the most glaring cause of our woes on offense. It appears, going from the last two games, that Markuson has got this group headed back in the right direction. Sowell has shown tons of improvement, and he just might turn into an SEC-caliber lineman yet.
done

bigtreydaddy wrote:
Heath wrote:Well, I think jevan did play well, compared to his past performances. But, I also think that the line blocked better for him today than they have in any past SEC game. So, I think he had more time to throw and didn't get the "I had better throw to the first man ASAP" mentality. So that may have helped.
This is my thought exactly. I know Jevan has his own share of the responsibility for the first half of the season, but the line was, imo, the most glaring cause of our woes on offense. It appears, going from the last two games, that Markuson has got this group headed back in the right direction. Sowell has shown tons of improvement, and he just might turn into an SEC-caliber lineman yet.
I think that is a scapegoat for Snead. He got some pressure but on his missed passes it was rarely the result of pressure...especially the flare outs in the backfield. And let's not forget this is his M-O in college. I will go into next year expecting that he will start off the same way. And I repeat, he cost us a shot at the NC this year. I am not a hater, I think he has loads of talent. I just can't deny the truth. Everything keys of off his play. If he stinks, then the other weapons we have are less effective. And he has stunk in 3 of our 4 SEC games. So right now in my book he has played well in 1 of 4 meaningful games this season. Let's hope "Good Jevan" shows up next week at Auburn, because I imagine they will be working their butts off getting ready for us after their embarrassment in Baton Rouge.

Having said that, I like what I am seeing so far of Nutt's recruits and even though Dex will be a huge loss, I think we will still be loaded on offense next year. But that will not matter if, for the third year in a row, Jevan starts off the season like he is sleep walking.
RichmondVAReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

I agree with Heath and Bigtreydaddy, the offensive line has grown into its job, and that is why Snead is looking so much better now. I know he disappointed a lot of people in the big games we lost, but seems like we have discovered the cause of that problem and fixed it. Great news for Ole Miss.