I have a question..whats up with recruiting...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

JustBlues wrote:wild rebel will be Cotton. Not only can he run, he can throw.
I am going to make a prediction right now that Mackey beats out Cotton...we should be so lucky as good as Cotton is.
Later,
Hagar
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

but I still think that cotton will be the qb in the wild rebel because while he might not be quite as mobile, he is a better passer. That dual threat is what can really make the wild rebel a weapon.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:but I still think that cotton will be the qb in the wild rebel because while he might not be quite as mobile, he is a better passer. That dual threat is what can really make the wild rebel a weapon.
From my memory of Cotton's films in high school....I don't see him being the wild rebel QB at all....not in the sense of a Dex-type player. He's a big guy with a cannon of an arm but not real mobile.....again, my memory DOES suck....so,........I'll go with Mackey for that slot right now and Cotton putting pressure on Nathan for the nod after Jevan's head to the League.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

almost decided to not redshirt him this year so that he could be the wild rebel QB. It was a last minute decision to redshirt him. He brings a different look to the wild rebel than mccluster, but he was much more known for his running than his passing in high school. He's a good passer but a great and elusive runner.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:almost decided to not redshirt him this year so that he could be the wild rebel QB. It was a last minute decision to redshirt him. He brings a different look to the wild rebel than mccluster, but he was much more known for his running than his passing in high school. He's a good passer but a great and elusive runner.
Well, he's definitely a big ole boy....well built......Tebow-esque. (a few more pounds, that is.)
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

used to McCluster in the wild rebel and he has done great there. Nutt has talked a lot about wanting to have a better passer back there though. Cotton is a runner and a passer and is build a lot more like the original wild hog, Darrin Mcfadden, than mccluster is.
Redbluedude
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Cotton is not as much of a 'runner' as people think. He's more of a pocket passer. Hopefully, when Randall Mackey get here next year, he will be the passer/runner of the wild Rebel. The kid is a play maker. He's at East Miss CC right now.
Nutt calls the formation the Wild Rebel. Which sure beats the heck out of Orgeron's Wild Boys.
----Calkins
done

Can Grandy throw the ball?
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

averaged 6.8 yards a carry his senior year....
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

badmotorfinger wrote:
JustBlues wrote:can fly. he will be faster than mccluster once he has had time with a div 1 S&C coach. Right now he is a little too light, even by mccluster standards, for this level, but he will bulk up and be mcclusteresque with even more speed.
I agree. I'm sure that's why he was redshirted this season.
Dude's faster than McCluster? Wow, that's some speed! :D Still going to miss our little Deuce though...
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

it is doubtful that anyone will ever come along with as much heart and drive as mccluster. His attitude is one of a kind.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

JustBlues wrote:it is doubtful that anyone will ever come along with as much heart and drive as mccluster. His attitude is one of a kind.
I'll even go so far to say he's one of the most dynamic players to ever wear the OM uni.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
done

badmotorfinger wrote:
JustBlues wrote:it is doubtful that anyone will ever come along with as much heart and drive as mccluster. His attitude is one of a kind.
I'll even go so far to say he's one of the most dynamic players to ever wear the OM uni.
I think if we had a "post Vaught" Mount Rushmore for Ole Miss, that you could make a "first ballot" argument for Eli, Deuce, and PWillie. I would strongly consider Dex as my fourth.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chucky for his overall lasting impact on Ole Miss, Willis, Pritchett and Randy Baldwin. Note that I am particularly partial to great defenses and defenders. There is just something about the way that Baldwin ran when he was at Ole Miss that makes me remember him. Not necessarily flashy but effective. McCluster is right up there for me. Mike Wallace certainly makes the top ten. There are several on this team, many of whom are returning next year, that have potential to make my list. We have some great players.
done

JustBlues wrote:Chucky for his overall lasting impact on Ole Miss, Willis, Pritchett and Randy Baldwin. Note that I am particularly partial to great defenses and defenders. There is just something about the way that Baldwin ran when he was at Ole Miss that makes me remember him. Not necessarily flashy but effective. McCluster is right up there for me. Mike Wallace certainly makes the top ten. There are several on this team, many of whom are returning next year, that have potential to make my list. We have some great players.
We do and i am particularly impressed with this staff's recruits so far. They are already producing in crucial spots.