Cotton Bowl

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Married An OM Girl
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

http://www.attcottonbowl.com/main/index.php

Interesting that the official Cotton Bowl web site has a poll asking which four teams from the SEC the fans would like to see in the Cotton Bowl:

Arkansas
Auburn
LSU
Georgia

We are not even mentioned. I was under the impression that the following scenario would land us in the Cotton Bowl:

We lose to LSU, then beat State. LSU beats Arkansas. Alabama beats Auburn. Am I wrong about that?
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Married An OM Girl wrote:http://www.attcottonbowl.com/main/index.php

Interesting that the official Cotton Bowl web site has a poll asking which four teams from the SEC the fans would like to see in the Cotton Bowl:

Arkansas
Auburn
LSU
Georgia

We are not even mentioned. I was under the impression that the following scenario would land us in the Cotton Bowl:

We lose to LSU, then beat State. LSU beats Arkansas. Alabama beats Auburn. Am I wrong about that?
Thats because they know we are going to beat lsu and state which puts us in the capital one bowl to beat the compound he-l out of a big 10 team..
done

Married An OM Girl wrote:http://www.attcottonbowl.com/main/index.php

Arkansas
Auburn
LSU
Georgia

Anything is still possible, but if we lose LSU and beat State then we might be looking at Outback (yuk!) and if we win both we would logically be looking at Capitol One (yuk again)....this year of all years I would much rather be in the Cotton Bowl than either Florida Bowl. We will not travel as well to Florida and because this is the first year in Jerry World, the Cotton will be a spectacle...

In either Florida bowl we will be playing a team from the miserably boring Big 10 in one of two boring bowl games that are almost indistinguishable from each other.

I think that the other thing working against us is that the Cotton will shy away from bringing the same team two years in a row. I personally think that the Cotton's best pick would be us or Arkansas.
hottytoddyrebelgirl23
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Sure would like to go back! Be sweet to make history twice. Closing of the Old stadium AND opening of the new one......
BrettInAtlanta
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

It seems to me that LSU is going to the Capital One Bowl regardless if they beat us or not. Win or lose they'll be the highest ranked team in the SEC that is not going to a BCS bowl.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." ~ Benjamin Franklin
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

BrettInAtlanta wrote:It seems to me that LSU is going to the Capital One Bowl regardless if they beat us or not. Win or lose they'll be the highest ranked team in the SEC that is not going to a BCS bowl.
they haven't exactly lit Arkansas on fire the last 2 seasons, so don't count that one as a win for LSU just yet.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Something to think about: Playing in either the Cap1 or Outback would allow Dex the chance to go out in front of his home state crowd. Think he wouldn't be pumped to do that.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

john_avery_fast wrote:Something to think about: Playing in either the Cap1 or Outback would allow Dex the chance to go out in front of his home state crowd. Think he wouldn't be pumped to do that.
think he would love IT! and I would love a shot at the midget 10 - I lived in OH & PA for a few yrs & penn st would b a sweet way to start the 2010 run :) really hate that conference
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

bleuwolfe wrote:
john_avery_fast wrote:Something to think about: Playing in either the Cap1 or Outback would allow Dex the chance to go out in front of his home state crowd. Think he wouldn't be pumped to do that.
think he would love IT! and I would love a shot at the midget 10 - I lived in OH & PA for a few yrs & penn st would b a sweet way to start the 2010 run :) really hate that conference
Bleu, I would like a shot at one of those "midget 10" powerhouses myself. However, I would't complain about traveling back to big D....as much as I hate the place.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

I just don't think the magic will be the same in Dallas. The stadium will be so much quieter, the weather is guaranteed to be worse than last year, and the other team won't have the grudge like last year.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

dgmcdowe wrote:I just don't think the magic will be the same in Dallas. The stadium will be so much quieter, the weather is guaranteed to be worse than last year, and the other team won't have the grudge like last year.
It is in a domed stadium. If the weather is bad, they will just close the roof. It is guaranteed to be loud. The one thing that won't be the same is that it won't be as high profile a game as it was last year. last year, the team we played had been ranked number one just a few weeks before and was still getting a lot of attention. This year, their is no big 12 battle. It is a one team league this year.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

"there" not "their". sometimes my fingers are faster than my brain.
manningesk
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Personally I don't care if we go Cotton or Capital one. I think they are pretty equal and you either are exposed to Florida recruites or Texas. Either way it's a win and either team we play (big 12 or little 10), we'll beat.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

Capital One Bowl. Its the better bowl and thats all that matters to me. We beat LSU and take care of State, were in. They aint gonna take LSU when we beat em heads up.
done

BigTrev34 wrote:Capital One Bowl. Its the better bowl and thats all that matters to me. We beat LSU and take care of State, were in. They aint gonna take LSU when we beat em heads up.
Cotton Bowl is the best game on the 2nd..Capitol One is one of many in the cluster on the 1st and if Notre Dame is eligible and goes to Gator will be opposite them which whether we like it or not will drain viewers, and viewers may leave in second half to go to Rose Bowl. So I think Cotton in Jerry World offers potentially more exposure, and certainly more excitement. The money difference is negligible after everyone gets their cut.

And even if we beat LSU, Capitol One could and might still take LSU...I personally hope they do even if we beat LSU.