where would this team be

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

JustBlues wrote:
john_avery_fast wrote:
JustBlues wrote:Mireles, who has Ole Miss as his leading school right now, has been timed at 4.35. Humans don't get much faster than that, and that is before a SEC caliber S&C coach takes him under his wings. He will likely be the fastest player in college football by the time he finishes.
Who is this guy? Can't find him on any prospect list.
Quadarias Mireles, Delray Beach, Florida
Found him, attempted to edit before you could answer, but you beat me to it.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote:IMO JS problem this yr is more mental - Heisman hype, high expectations, etc got to him/ he presses too much - also hurt losing Mike 'Long ball to the house' Wallace, and with the OL problems hes started ghost dancing. making Dex the main man takes that pressure away. As we have said many times Dexter is FEARLESS - hype or no hype, he could care less. He lives his life with the same passion with which he plays FB. In other words Dexter is a natural leader. Jevan is learning (I hope). I also hope we're recuriting a MW style (Very VERY fast) WR, so far I havent seen it though.
Mireles, who has Ole Miss as his leading school right now, has been timed at 4.35. Humans don't get much faster than that, and that is before a SEC caliber S&C coach takes him under his wings. He will likely be the fastest player in college football by the time he finishes.
Sounds like just what we need. Thanks for the info.
:)

Edit: found a vo...kid can fly! and some circus style grabs, also looks like he can deliver a hit, even wears the right # - 2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUqCadru1mk

U guys made my day, thanks again!
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Hey bayoulsucajun i have a question, how is it that u can sit there with a straight face and actually say that were not that good when statistically we are better then lsu in every way? Yes you have one less loss but look at how you've struggled on offense in every single game this year except against a bad uga defense? You just got outgained and out played by a sub par louisiana team that should have beat you. Not only that but lsu hasn't put together a complete game all season long. Must I remind you that it was us that went into your own stadium last year and handed miles his worst home loss of his career. I'm not saying that its a sure thing that we will win because it certaintly isn't, all i'm saying is watch out with the whole were not good thing because you have alot of injuries off of a offense that hasn't impressed anyone yet this year.
------------------

jrebel87 wrote:Hey bayoulsucajun i have a question, how is it that u can sit there with a straight face and actually say that were not that good when statistically we are better then lsu in every way?
It's called being an LSUX fan, j. They're not exactly the sharpest pencils in the box, if you know what I mean.

8)
spudhog
3rd String
3rd String

badmotorfinger wrote:I disagree about the Bama loss. Many of Bama's points came from poor QB decisions by Jevan. Had he plalyed as good as McElroy(mediocre performance but didn't turn the ball over), it would have at least came down to the last drive like it has the past several seasons.
But that's what I am saying. Snead usually plays better when Dex get's more touches. So, more touches from Dex would equal better play from Snead.

Still think Bama would've won but I agree, would've been closer.
rrlynch
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Hindsight is, indeed, 20/20.
Don't try to teach a pig to sing. They'll call you silly names and get all bitter about head coach.
guitarguy
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

we most likey would have won SC if that face mask had been called.
guitarguy
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

yeah he should have been played more for sure
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

guitarguy wrote:we most likey would have won SC if that face mask had been called.
we also would have won if Jevan hadn't been blindsided or if he hadn't fumbled when he was blindsided... The way our defense was playing I can't picture SC scoring that touchdown if they hadn't been given the short field. What-ifs aren't worth a lot though. I also think that we would have won if we had played on Saturday instead of having to travel in the middle of a school week. Oh well. Nothing we can do about it now.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:
guitarguy wrote:we most likey would have won SC if that face mask had been called.
we also would have won if Jevan hadn't been blindsided or if he hadn't fumbled when he was blindsided... The way our defense was playing I can't picture SC scoring that touchdown if they hadn't been given the short field. What-ifs aren't worth a lot though. I also think that we would have won if we had played on Saturday instead of having to travel in the middle of a school week. Oh well. Nothing we can do about it now.
YES, we should've won at SC but to make matters worse about that game......SC finishes 6-6 but will have a win over a top 5 team on their resume. :evil: :evil:
Old Sardis
Water Boy
Water Boy

Reading this thread, I think everyone forgets that the team was struck en masse with swine flu after the Memphis game. Dexter was one of them. Too often in football, we say "healthy" to mean "uninjured." But it also means "not sick." And Dexter was definitely sick from what I heard. A guy who isn't 100% "healthy" is also more likely to become "injured."

Somebody upthread stated that coaches manage players for a living, see them every day, etc., and I agree. If Coach Nutt and Coach Derrick Nix felt that Dexter needed to save his energy for the end of the season, I figure they know a whole lot more about the situation than I do.