What kept us from reaching potential in SEC?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

done

Jevan Snead final 2009 SEC tally

TD's 10
Ints 15

Any questions?
guitarguy
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

No questions but if he's the starter next Fall Nutt needs to go.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I agree that the problems this year have been placed on Jevan- he has had a crappy year.
But anyone calling for "nutt needs to go"....well, that's just plain stupid. I don't care if he comes back next year and nutt proclaims jevan the head coach in waiting....saying anything about a man that has changed the culture of Rebel football in only two years is just ignorance.

I'm pi$$ed too, but let's get real.
RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rebchuck18 wrote:Jevan Snead final 2009 SEC tally

TD's 10
Ints 15

Any questions?
You sure those numbers are right? I'm not ready to give up on Snead yet, I think with the proper coaching he can still be great. He knows he has work to do, and Nutt knows he has to get some lineman and receivers in here.

Later,
RushB
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
guitarguy
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Keeping Snead the starter mext year would be??
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Nutt is 17-8 overall and 9-7 in two years at Ole Miss. In the past four years he is 35-16 overall. He is also 10-2 in his career against MState. Lets give him a few more years before we run him off. I think he deserves it.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
hottytoddyrebelgirl23
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

If anyone needs to go it's the AD. He's the one holding us back...
RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, who's our stats guy - I'm coming up with

19 TD's
17 INT's

His numbers are not all that horrible, he has just made mistakes at points in the game where it hurt us badly.

He's got to learn not to stare down the receivers.

Later,
RushB
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
P-nut
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

hottytoddyrebelgirl23 wrote:If anyone needs to go it's the AD. He's the one holding us back...
Good Post! :D I agree 100%
Goroth

RushB wrote:Ok, who's our stats guy - I'm coming up with

19 TD's
17 INT's

His numbers are not all that horrible, he has just made mistakes at points in the game where it hurt us badly.

Later,
RushB
I think he might of been talking just about the SEC games. I don't feel like looking it up. But thats my guess.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

Of those INTs, how many bounced off the receivers hands and into the hands of the DBs? Jevan has certainly made some horrible throws this year, but at times, he hasn't gotten help from the receivers or the O-Line for that matter. We know he's got the ability to be a big time SEC quarterback, we saw that down the stretch last year.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote:Of those INTs, how many bounced off the receivers hands and into the hands of the DBs? Jevan has certainly made some horrible throws this year, but at times, he hasn't gotten help from the receivers or the O-Line for that matter. We know he's got the ability to be a big time SEC quarterback, we saw that down the stretch last year.
agreed. Jevan has certainly hurt us, but the coaches DID put him in position to do so by not using Dex properly and not adjusting to defenses. I wanted to shop around before hiring Nutt...but he's proven he can win 7-8 and include LSU and Florida in the mix.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Okay did I really just see some one say that nutt needs to go!!!! Are you Crazy??? Okay i'm going to assume that you just said that because you are upset...because you have no basis for your comments and nothing to justify them!! Just in case you don't know, Housten nutt is now 18-8 at olemiss, a better winning total in the first two years of a head coach EVER at olemiss!! Let me break that down for you...that means no ones ever done that here besides nutt. Let me break this down as well, we have had back to back 8 win seasons after suffering 4 straight losing seasons under orgeron, don't be selfish. And finally, Housten nutt went with the best option at qb this year and you can't blame him for anything that happened with Snead!!!!! Snead did fantastic the last part of the season last year and there was noone who didn't think he wouldn't do it again!!! So get off Nutt's back. Jevan will come back next year and he will have a great year. He went through whats known as the sophmore slump, that happens alot to second year starters who had a great first year. It doesn't matter who we recruit , snead will be the best option to start above anyone else.
done

RushB wrote:Ok, who's our stats guy - I'm coming up with

19 TD's
17 INT's

Later,
RushB
My numbers were SEC games, which is where we lost our potential.
done

rebelbear wrote:Of those INTs, how many bounced off the receivers hands and into the hands of the DBs? Jevan has certainly made some horrible throws this year, but at times, he hasn't gotten help from the receivers or the O-Line for that matter. We know he's got the ability to be a big time SEC quarterback, we saw that down the stretch last year.
A few bounced off receivers, but the pick sixes which really cost us in SEC games were horrible throws..and just as bad were the horrible passes to wide open backs out of the backfield AND the completions that receivers had to dive to the ground to catch which eliminated the yards after catch that our skill players are so good at.

If anybody thinks that we will be as good as we can be with Snead's inconsistency and his lack of presence in the pocket, then I just don't get it. Yes, our O-line was young and took a few games to gel, but the one glaring inconsistency in our offense from September through the Egg Bowl was our QB play. Everybody in the world seems to realize that except us. And that scares me to death for next year, because we have great talent and we have a very good scheme...we need a consistent leader that our players (and coaches) will absolutely believe in and have faith in come crunch time.