An extraordinarily Early Look Ahead

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

hottytoddyrebel wrote:Here is a little update:
Terrell Grant has recently been moved to FS. He's a big guy at 6'3 and has a thick frame. Looks like he could be a head hunter back there. Only time will tell. This may not even be a permanent move depending on which safeties show up from this class.

Z Mason may not even see the field..... He's been more or less a bust.

In my personal opinion Ferbia Allen has potential to be a good TE, especially catching the ball.
Man! You think a freshmen recruit should be a superstar by the end of his first year??? I mean it is nice to sit here and say that but come on. I would prefer to have older guys in a better position to play and have the talented younger depth behind them. That is how the better programs do it.

I wouldn't call any kid a bust until he has proven he is, and I don't consider end of his first semster in college he has done enough to provide a statement like that.

Be careful when you speak it makes your comments less valuable and looks like you have no idea what it means to play college football, and the path of progress in terms a kid contributing on the field. I would say you most likely don't have an idea of what it takes.
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Wow, thats harsh. Z was pegged as an absolute athlete when we got him. Dont get on the man for reporting what he sees. Z may come around, but I was expecting Julio Jones as a TE. I heard he ran a 4.1 forty, and could fly.
GeorgiaRebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Sad to hear that Devin Thomas may transfer.
I kinda thought he'd be returning kicks for us this year.
Reportedly a good student & a good all around young man.
Nice Spring Game last year. Hate to lose him.
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

GeorgiaRebel wrote:Sad to hear that Devin Thomas may transfer.
He's not transferring.
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

I keep hearing rumblings that he is, but i think its just someone assuming he should bc of our crowded backfield, but noone really took the job this year so its an open competition for next year. I think Scott wil be the guy next year, with a little Bolden and Enrique, but you never know how it will play out
hottytoddyrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

GeorgiaRebel wrote:Sad to hear that Devin Thomas may transfer.
UUHHHHHH NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
don't question my knowledge
GtownRebel
All American
All American

BigTrev34 wrote:A few things.

- Simon will be the starter next year. I have a weird feeling about it and dont know why but it will happen

- Grandy will be on the field a lot. He will keep being the screen WR and the motion man and will see more touches with Dex gone. I wouldnt be surprised if he beat out Breaux or Patterson.

- OLine is a crapshoot and the bookends are probably set with Massie and Sowell, but everything else is a ? Tank washington and Hawkins will prolly be in the mix and I really think Rishaw needs to get his *beep* together

- Neat is the ultimate wildcard here. He could try and be used as a Dex type when it comes to running the ball (Grandy will take the WR plays Dex had designed for him.)

- At end, its all based on who comes in. Dorsey will have a shot along with anyone else that comes in. Alex Williams will be the guy that will step up. Guy is ultra athletic

- I cant see Sheckleford sitting behind Walker. Earlier in the year I was tired of seeing Brumfield and Cornell bc they just didnt seem good enough. My view on Cornell has seriously changed. He will be the leader of the D and will be a star next year. Shackelford will take Walkers spot.

- Sawyer over Temple? You never know bc the coaches loved Campbell and Sawyer but I like Temple when hes in the game and was always comfortbale with him in the game this year at nickelback

- Tig will get a serious look at safety where lewis leaves the void, as well as damien jackson. Thats the biggest ? mark of all
Simon is the one that busted his knee and ligaments. He is having his second surgery in less that 2 months to take care of one of the above areas. If he comes through rehab and contributes next year, count your blessings.

Mackey has grades issues and won't be here until June. That being said he will miss the spring practice essentially killing his playing time for next year. He might be redshirted so he will have 2 years of playing at this level. Otherwise, he will waste next year as he won't play until the 5-6 game, which is a waste to me.

Some of the Juco's they are looking at can fill CB, DT, DE, OL. I foresee that we will play freshmen next year and the OL will be re-built since Massie and Sowell be the only experience we have.

Overall, we will be very young and inexperienced next year.
hottytoddyrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

StrongRebel wrote:
hottytoddyrebel wrote:Here is a little update:
Terrell Grant has recently been moved to FS. He's a big guy at 6'3 and has a thick frame. Looks like he could be a head hunter back there. Only time will tell. This may not even be a permanent move depending on which safeties show up from this class.

Z Mason may not even see the field..... He's been more or less a bust.

In my personal opinion Ferbia Allen has potential to be a good TE, especially catching the ball.
Man! You think a freshmen recruit should be a superstar by the end of his first year??? I mean it is nice to sit here and say that but come on. I would prefer to have older guys in a better position to play and have the talented younger depth behind them. That is how the better programs do it.

I wouldn't call any kid a bust until he has proven he is, and I don't consider end of his first semster in college he has done enough to provide a statement like that.

Be careful when you speak it makes your comments less valuable and looks like you have no idea what it means to play college football, and the path of progress in terms a kid contributing on the field. I would say you most likely don't have an idea of what it takes.

Looks like I was spot on about Z Mason... and Charles, that Freshman recruit that I said was so good.
don't question my knowledge
beachbumreb
2nd String
2nd String

Wow. You drug up a thread from '09 just to say "I tol you so"?! Insecure much?
Forward Rebels!