Nutt to Kansas?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

NotSausage
Water Boy
Water Boy

badmotorfinger wrote:Hey notsausage. Why don't you go suck a sausage. Seriously....why are you so concerned where Nutt coaches anyway. This whole topic is BS. I thought we were over this last season. Any school or any newspaper can put a coach ontheir "watch" list without any legitimate reason.
Did you read the article? They didn't put him on their watch list. He (Sexton most likely) initially contacted KU, and Nutt has since talked with the AD about this position.
Pink Pig
Water Boy
Water Boy

lewindha wrote:
NotSausage wrote:http://www.kansascity.com/166/story/1613425.html

He's on their official list now, and leading in the polls.

But yeah, this isn't news.
Here's my question to Hog fans. If Nutt is so terrible. Why are we happy with him and he's leading a straw pole for another BCS conference school?
Okay, couldn't resist this. Why are you Rebs so happy with him and why is he leading a straw poll for KU? Possible answers: (1) low expectations at both schools; (2) you've fallen for Coach Nutt's line of BS and ignored his overall record as a coach; (3) he has found a new GF in Oxford (got any cute blonde news anchors there?) and his wife wants to go to Kansas where the women are homelier.

Didn't I say "Nuttster" not "Coach Nutt"?
NotSausage
Water Boy
Water Boy

manningesk
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I have a buddy that went to school there, and he told me not to worry about it. That Nutt loves to interview for jobs and put his name out there so he can get a raises and that more than likely he isn't going anywhere.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Pink Pig wrote:
lewindha wrote:
NotSausage wrote:http://www.kansascity.com/166/story/1613425.html

He's on their official list now, and leading in the polls.

But yeah, this isn't news.
Here's my question to Hog fans. If Nutt is so terrible. Why are we happy with him and he's leading a straw pole for another BCS conference school?
Okay, couldn't resist this. Why are you Rebs so happy with him and why is he leading a straw poll for KU? Possible answers: (1) low expectations at both schools; (2) you've fallen for Coach Nutt's line of BS and ignored his overall record as a coach; (3) he has found a new GF in Oxford (got any cute blonde news anchors there?) and his wife wants to go to Kansas where the women are homelier.

His overall record as a head coach is very good despite being at very nowhere jobs before Ole Miss. His overall record at Ole Miss is great. You'd be hard pressed to find another coach who, in his first two years at an SEC school had 17 (soon to be 18) wins and back-to-back new years bowls (or even back-to-back bowls).
done

NotSausage wrote:
ThunderReb wrote:Someone stop this thread.....moderator?
Why WOULDN'T you want to talk about it? A legitimate news organization has independently confirmed that your coach is looking around trying to find somewhere else to be. I can't believe this thread isn't stickied.
A news organization has speculated that Nutt has talked with them...you ought to know better than to believe anything from the media unless names are named and sources revealed.
NotSausage
Water Boy
Water Boy

JustBlues wrote:
Pink Pig wrote:
lewindha wrote: Here's my question to Hog fans. If Nutt is so terrible. Why are we happy with him and he's leading a straw pole for another BCS conference school?

His overall record as a head coach is very good despite being at very nowhere jobs before Ole Miss. His overall record at Ole Miss is great. You'd be hard pressed to find another coach who, in his first two years at an SEC school had 17 (soon to be 18) wins and back-to-back new years bowls (or even back-to-back bowls).
Yeah, because Murray State is on the same level as Arkansas.
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Urban Meyer - 9-3, 13-1 (NC) - 22 wins
Nick Saban LSU - 8-4, 10-3 (Sugar Bowl) - 18 wins
Mark Richt - 8-4, 13-1 - 21 wins

That was pretty easy.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MtownRebel wrote:
His overall record as a head coach is very good despite being at very nowhere jobs before Ole Miss. His overall record at Ole Miss is great. You'd be hard pressed to find another coach who, in his first two years at an SEC school had 17 (soon to be 18) wins and back-to-back new years bowls (or even back-to-back bowls).[/quote]

Urban Meyer - 9-3, 13-1 (NC) - 22 wins
Nick Saban LSU - 8-4, 10-3 (Sugar Bowl) - 18 wins
Mark Richt - 8-4, 13-1 - 21 wins

That was pretty easy.[/quote]Quite an elite list there, wouldn't you say. Where's Petrino on that list?
NotSausage
Water Boy
Water Boy

Rebchuck18 wrote:
NotSausage wrote:
ThunderReb wrote:Someone stop this thread.....moderator?
Why WOULDN'T you want to talk about it? A legitimate news organization has independently confirmed that your coach is looking around trying to find somewhere else to be. I can't believe this thread isn't stickied.
A news organization has speculated that Nutt has talked with them...you ought to know better than to believe anything from the media unless names are named and sources revealed.
Ole Miss football coach Houston Nutt is interested in the open Kansas job, Arkansas radio station KABZ-FM reported today, and The Star has learned that Nutt is on KU athletic director Lew Perkins’ list and that Perkins and Nutt have talked about the job.
That isn't speculation. I think "has learned" is your clue.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/1616064.html
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

why is the quote button suddenly not working again?
MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Saban did not even do that. 6-6 his first season I believe with a loss to ULM at Alabama, but he did go 12-2 last year.

I don't care about Petrino.
Last edited by MtownRebel on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
done

NotSausage wrote:KU fans in an uproar:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2485&t=5261546
Shouldn't you be getting pumped up for your big bad CUSA opponent? This rumor has about as much credibility as the one that The Cotton Bowl would give a bid to a last place Arkansas football team!
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

find out soon enough. There are always all kinds of silly rumors, many of which get reported, during coaching searches. This is a very difficult to believe rumor but we'll see soon enough.
done

NotSausage wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:
NotSausage wrote: Why WOULDN'T you want to talk about it? A legitimate news organization has independently confirmed that your coach is looking around trying to find somewhere else to be. I can't believe this thread isn't stickied.
Ole Miss football coach Houston Nutt is interested in the open Kansas job, Arkansas radio station KABZ-FM reported today, and The Star has learned that Nutt is on KU athletic director Lew Perkins’ list and that Perkins and Nutt have talked about the job.
That isn't speculation. I think "has learned" is your clue.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/1616064.html
Nowadays "has learned" means about as much as "it could happen"...