Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

NotSausage
Water Boy
Water Boy

Rebchuck18 wrote:
NotSausage wrote:KU fans in an uproar:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2485&t=5261546
Shouldn't you be getting pumped up for your big bad CUSA opponent? This rumor has about as much credibility as the one that The Cotton Bowl would give a bid to a last place Arkansas football team!
We're actually pretty deflated about playing them. But play them we will, and leverage every hour of extra practice getting ready for 2010.

Also, it's not a rumor when their official news organization is reporting it as "has learned".

Hyperlinks are your friend.

And our AD reported last week that we were actually in serious discussions with the CB. It's not that relevant, but I don't consider that a rumor either when it came from the head of our athletic department.
ismellbacon
Water Boy
Water Boy

new to the board and I am not a hog fan here to flame.

I don't see this happening. Nothing about the KU job is better than what Nutt has in Oxford. The only thing I can possibly see is that their may be some issues between Nutt and the AD.

If by some chance this is true and he does take the KU job it doesn't seem to be the end of the world for OM. If you take a chance on Nix you can keep the defense and recruiting intact and give Austin free reign to call the offense as he sees fit.

but, again it seems very illogical that he is even considering KU.
Last edited by ismellbacon on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
huntindoc
Water Boy
Water Boy

FWIW the KU Rivals site is appearing to say this report is not true. It's a pay site so I can't access the whole story.

hd
NotSausage
Water Boy
Water Boy

huntindoc wrote:FWIW the KU Rivals site is appearing to say this report is not true. It's a pay site so I can't access the whole story.

hd
Chris Lowe has it on ESPN, 12 minutes ago. Interesting that Nutt and Self are "close"...

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/7 ... kansas-job
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

If he leaves, does that mean we don't have to deal with hogs anymore?
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
NotSausage
Water Boy
Water Boy

dgmcdowe wrote:If he leaves, does that mean we don't have to deal with hogs anymore?
Depends. Do you like bacon for breakfast? Or ham? Or....Sausage? ;)
------------------

NotSausage wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:
PLEASE NOTE that ARKANSAS radio station reported this...nuff said.
Please note that the Kansas City Star independently confirmed it with the Kansas AD.
Please show me ANYWHERE in the article where the Kanasas AD confirmed ANYTHING.

Just more wishful thinking from pigland.
------------------

And here's a couple of quotes...straight from the horse's mouth....per Chuck at OM Spirit:
Text to Nutt about him and Kansas got this response. . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Please. That is such bull."

Last edited Today 3:49 PM by spiritchuck
And another from Ole Miss AD Pete Boone:
Pete Boone:

"One, nobody from Kansas has called me for permission to talk to Houston. Two, I am with Shepherd Smith, who had that rumor come across his desk. Shepherd called Houston. Houston told him 'I'm not interested in Kansas' which Boone already knew. I think it is just that time of year, when rumors about coaches start and, as Houston told you, it's a bunch of bull."
Now....ARE WE DONE YET, LITTLE PIGGIE???
NotSausage
Water Boy
Water Boy

Sasquatch wrote:
NotSausage wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote: PLEASE NOTE that ARKANSAS radio station reported this...nuff said.
Please note that the Kansas City Star independently confirmed it with the Kansas AD.

Well, Virginia, it was in the newspaper so it must be true.

We have had a bit more experience with these types of shenanigans with Rebel Coach Houston Nutt. But don't believe me; look at Saban or yes, even Petrino.

But Houston Nutt had done it more in his tenure at Arkansas than either one of those guys did. He's already done it to you guys once, in 1 year.
cbonds
Water Boy
Water Boy

NotSausage
Water Boy
Water Boy

Sasquatch wrote:And here's a couple of quotes...straight from the horse's mouth....per Chuck at OM Spirit:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pete Boone:

"One, nobody from Kansas has called me for permission to talk to Houston. Two, I am with Shepherd Smith, who had that rumor come across his desk. Shepherd called Houston. Houston told him 'I'm not interested in Kansas' which Boone already knew. I think it is just that time of year, when rumors about coaches start and, as Houston told you, it's a bunch of bull."
Nope. I've already seen those quotes today, too.

Regarding Pete, of course he wouldn't have been contacted if parties are speaking.

And regarding Houston, he didn't really answer the question, did he (of course, you didn't really post the actual question, but assume it was "Has your name been put into consideration for the Kansas job?")

Of course he would think it's bull that the public has already found out about his dealings.
------------------

NotSausage wrote:
Sasquatch wrote:
NotSausage wrote: Please note that the Kansas City Star independently confirmed it with the Kansas AD.

We have had a bit more experience with these types of shenanigans with Rebel Coach Houston Nutt. But don't believe me; look at Saban or yes, even Petrino.

But Houston Nutt had done it more in his tenure at Arkansas than either one of those guys did. He's already done it to you guys once, in 1 year.
Uh, NO...your EXACT WORDS were that it was "confirmed it with the Kansas AD"...NOTHING in that article states that ANYTHING was confirmed by ANYONE.

And if you automatically accept everything the media tosses out there as truth, you're either retarded or just a moron.
NotSausage
Water Boy
Water Boy

There was a lot more of that story about him going than there was about the four tight-lipped words that Pete responded with.
------------------

NotSausage wrote:
Sasquatch wrote:And here's a couple of quotes...straight from the horse's mouth....per Chuck at OM Spirit:

Pete Boone:

Nope. I've already seen those quotes today, too.

Regarding Pete, of course he wouldn't have been contacted if parties are speaking.

And regarding Houston, he didn't really answer the question, did he (of course, you didn't really post the actual question, but assume it was "Has your name been put into consideration for the Kansas job?")

Of course he would think it's bull that the public has already found out about his dealings.
WOW...the cluelessness knows no ends with you, does it?

In order for the KU AD to talk with Nutt about the job, he MUST have Boone's permission.

And what part of "that is such bull" does your tiny little mind NOT understand?

Moderators...PLEASE come take out the trash. My patience with this one has already hit its limit.
NotSausage
Water Boy
Water Boy

Sasquatch wrote:
NotSausage wrote:
Sasquatch wrote: Please show me ANYWHERE in the article where the Kanasas AD confirmed ANYTHING.

Uh, NO...your EXACT WORDS were that it was "confirmed it with the Kansas AD"...NOTHING in that article states that ANYTHING was confirmed by ANYONE.

And if you automatically accept everything the media tosses out there as truth, you're either retarded or just a moron.
Well, the Virginia comment was a little tongue in cheek, so to the extent I appreciate a sense of humor I'd say I'm neither retarded nor a moron.

But this wasn't exactly a blogger putting this out there. I believe the Kansas City Star is the paper of record up there, and for them to say they've "learned" is a little more powerful than them saying, "rumors are floating". Whether you believe it or not, there's an editor up there that makes financially relevant decisions every day about what to publish and what not to publish.