Nutt to Kansas?

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

NotSausage
Water Boy
Water Boy

RebnPhilly wrote:
NotSausage wrote:
The initial story the Star put up this morning that was based on the radio show report was about 3 paragraphs. They fleshed it out tonight with their own reporting.

I'm sure it's nothing.
They added filler material but still nothing closely resembling proof or citing a source with any knowledge. Just a rehash because their is nothing more to add. I guess for someone that is filled with so much resentment toward one person, a football coach nonetheless, that's enough for you.
I'm sure you're right. I guess they thought about pursuing other new stories but opted instead to add more detail to a dead story. I'm betting it was a purely random thought to make the comment that explains why your AD might not know anything about this. I'm sure it's no big deal that you still haven't gotten an official statement from the school while news organizations around the country, including SportsCenter, have been talking about it; that wouldn't hurt recruiting at all.

Stay thirsty, my friends.
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Since we're speculating, I'll play along.

Maybe this Kansas City Star "reporter" realizes that no top-tier football coach in their right mind would want to come to Kansas. So when he hears about this unsubstantiated radio broadcast he jumps at the opportunity to promote Kansas as a university that a coach of Nutt's caliber would be interested. The Kansas AD is in NY begging a potential candidate to come coach at Kansas and using Nutt's, the 2008 SEC Coach of the Year, interest as proof that Kansas is now a football school. Since Nutt is a friend of the AD, he plays along to help him out.

I mean since we're speculating, why not?!?! My story has just as much evidence as any other.
NotSausage
Water Boy
Water Boy

RebnPhilly wrote:Since we're speculating, I'll play along.

Maybe this Kansas City Star "reporter" realizes that no top-tier football coach in their right mind would want to come to Kansas. So when he hears about this unsubstantiated radio broadcast he jumps at the opportunity to promote Kansas as a university that a coach of Nutt's caliber would be interested. The Kansas AD is in NY begging a potential candidate to come coach at Kansas and using Nutt's, the 2008 SEC Coach of the Year, interest as proof that Kansas is now a football school. Since Nutt is a friend of the AD, he plays along to help him out.

I mean since we're speculating, why not?!?! My story has just as much evidence as any other.
I like it. Satisfies all the criteria, including Occam's Razor. The fact that you pulled it out of your rear has no bearing on its credibility, I'm sure.

The funny part for me is all of you making this out to be nothing on the basis that it started at a radio show in Little Rock. A couple of points to ponder:

1. Most of the Nutt hatred in Arkansas is in the Northwest, particularly Springdale.
2. Nutt grew up in Little Rock.
3. Nutt has family still in Little Rock.
4. Nutt has many lifelong friends still in Little Rock.

Yeah, the idea that a story like this might start in Little Rock is preposterous. Surely nobody there would have a glimmer about any plans of Houston's.
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Please feel free to call this radio station in Little Rock and see if the on-air personality that made this revelation will cite a source or if he pulled it out of his rear.
dgmcdowe
2nd String
2nd String

JoeRebel wrote:FYI, I am sure I will catch flack for this, but I am comfortable with Kent Austin getting a chance at the HC position if Houston leaves.

I also don't ever recall hearing HDN saying he was here to spend the rest of his life. If Kent Austin comes in and is successful, we get the best of both worlds. A MAN that has been successful in everything he has done AND A REBEL!

I'm not trying to usher HDN out, but I won't be walking in front of a train unless they call YAW YAW YAW football to come back.

Also, don't be surprised if Nutt doesn't use the leverage from this situation to get Petey out of his hair somehow. If Nutt leaves, I'm guessing it would be more about Boone than that great Historical Kansas football program.
What he said.
I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

-William Faulkner
NotSausage
Water Boy
Water Boy

Kansas City Star is still writing new stuff about this:

http://uponfurtherreview.kansascity.com/?q=node/1688

They really want your guy, it sounds like.
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

if it was about money wouldn't he have stayed at piggieworld.they supposedly offered more money to keep him.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Ben (whatever) had the guy that wrote the initial article of the Kansas City Star live on his radio show yesterday evening.........the guy crawfished the whole time and was making light on his initial article. He had no proof that Nutt had been actually contacted and had shown ANY interest at all. The only thing the guy did was to write an article of WHO the Kansas AD wanted to look at.........it has grown from there.

This morning: Nutt remains on a short list for the job......The Buffalo coach has already been interviewed, Harbaugh of Stanford is due to interview, and apparently Houston's coach has fallen off the list. Nutt WILL NOT interview.........he has been in Baltimore on a recruiting trip.
Rebel4Life
Water Boy
Water Boy

RebnPhilly wrote:Since we're speculating, I'll play along.

After ThunderReb's post the above speculative argument seems more likely.
------------------

Do you have a life at all, you stupid douchebag?

You've proven NONE of the inane points you've made that I've taken you to task for saying...EVERYTHING you've posted here is NOTHING but the same thing RECYCLED through MULTIPLE media outlets.

Give it up...let it go.

Oh...I almost forgot:

30-17.
cajunrebel

Well, here is what my "reliable source from the inside that is never wrong and related to someone who knows and sees the important people every day" said:

1) Nutt to Kansas
2) Charlie Strong to Louisville
3) Les Miles to Notre Dame
4) Satan back to Lsux
5) Tuberville comes back to Ole Miss in a pine box float parade
6) Tiger Woods to Alabama - b/c he can handle the pressure and cute coeds
7) Charlie Weis to a fat farm
8') Bobby Bowden to Florida as Defensive Coordinator (can't we all just get along?!?)

Remember, you heard it here first!!!
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

cajunrebel wrote:Well, here is what my "reliable source from the inside that is never wrong and related to someone who knows and sees the important people every day" said:

1) Nutt to Kansas
2) Charlie Strong to Louisville
3) Les Miles to Notre Dame
4) Satan back to Lsux
5) Tuberville comes back to Ole Miss in a pine box float parade
6) Tiger Woods to Alabama - b/c he can handle the pressure and cute coeds
7) Charlie Weis to a fat farm
8') Bobby Bowden to Florida as Defensive Coordinator (can't we all just get along?!?)

Remember, you heard it here first!!!
You forgot something. I heard just this morning. That Bama has bear bryants head in a glass jar and instead of Tiger they are re-animating it. They are hiring the DUI woman to drive Bear from place to place and be his personal everything.
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
Earlene
Water Boy
Water Boy

Why doesn't he come out and say no, like Stoops did?
hawgndumb
Banned

per rivals.com Nutt to interview for job @ KU

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/n ... &type=lgns

we tried to tell you. we really did. he probably won't go, but doesn't it bother you that two years in a row he pulls this garbage? i mean, HE contacted them. it may not bother you guys, i don't know, but this is the kind of crap he pulled that we tried to tell you about.