Tyrone Nix

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Bottom line, is that Pete Boone is not going to pay Nix more than 450k, which I think is what the offer has gotten up to last I heard. He Pete has been quoted as saying that the package we put together for Nix is as good as Ole Miss pays assistant coaches.
UMDaytona
Water Boy
Water Boy

Source??? :shock:
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

UMDaytona wrote:Source??? :shock:
Go read Nafoom pal if you don't like the info here...
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

rebeloke wrote:Bottom line, is that Pete Boone is not going to pay Nix more than 450k, which I think is what the offer has gotten up to last I heard. He Pete has been quoted as saying that the package we put together for Nix is as good as Ole Miss pays assistant coaches.
The other side to this is the Georgia factor. Chris Low blogged that Nix could also be considered for the DC position there. Personally I hope he stays, but if he doesn't, I understand. I won't feel any differently about him. Whether we like it or not, it is a business and quite a fickle business at that. He has to do what he feels will benefit him and his family in the long run.
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an
intolerable one." - Thomas Paine
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

UMDaytona wrote:Source??? :shock:
Look right above your previous post. THERE'S your source.
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an
intolerable one." - Thomas Paine
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

ReservoirReb wrote:
rebeloke wrote:Bottom line, is that Pete Boone is not going to pay Nix more than 450k, which I think is what the offer has gotten up to last I heard. He Pete has been quoted as saying that the package we put together for Nix is as good as Ole Miss pays assistant coaches.
The other side to this is the Georgia factor. Chris Low blogged that Nix could also be considered for the DC position there. Personally I hope he stays, but if he doesn't, I understand. I won't feel any differently about him. Whether we like it or not, it is a business and quite a fickle business at that. He has to do what he feels will benefit him and his family in the long run.
Anything is possible, but I am hearing this whole thing is about to be over. I think Nix is staying. If we keep him it will be hard to get him to go through another round of negotiations. If FL could not draw him away I would not think UGA could. For one they will not likely pay more money than what Nix was just offered. Secondly, everyone expects Richt to get the boot next year if he does not really turn it on. Why would Nix leave 100% control and a nice pay raise at Ole Miss and relative job security, also if he just turned down the best DC job in the SEC at FL, to got to UGA when money is not the draw and neither is opportunity? If he wanted that he would have taken the FL job. Never say never, but UGA is not the threat. Hopefully, if everything I am hearing is correct, Nix is staying as of a few minutes ago.
done

rebeloke wrote:
ReservoirReb wrote:
Anything is possible, but I am hearing this whole thing is about to be over. I think Nix is staying. If we keep him it will be hard to get him to go through another round of negotiations. If FL could not draw him away I would not think UGA could. For one they will not likely pay more money than what Nix was just offered. Secondly, everyone expects Richt to get the boot next year if he does not really turn it on. Why would Nix leave 100% control and a nice pay raise at Ole Miss and relative job security, also if he just turned down the best DC job in the SEC at FL, to got to UGA when money is not the draw and neither is opportunity? If he wanted that he would have taken the FL job. Never say never, but UGA is not the threat. Hopefully, if everything I am hearing is correct, Nix is staying as of a few minutes ago.

Seriously this time, if the difference is down to $50k I can see not uprooting his family and staying in a state that he knows and loves and having the autonomy that HDN gives him as keeping him from jumping.
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

If we can hang on to Nix, Ole Miss will have successfully kept our baseball coach from LSU, our basketball coach from Memphis, our football coach from Auburn, and now our DC from Florida....thats strong!
Chucky_38
All American
All American

Very exciting and impressive if we can keep Nix!
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
hottytoddyrebelgirl23
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

ESPN reported he is staying at ole miss!!!
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Having coordinators and head coaches that others want is a nice luxury to have, if we can manage to keep them.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
guitarguy wrote:That's just sad, time for the tobacco lawyers to pony up
From jail?
Well played sir!
Randy
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Too bad Cow College can say the same:
Torbush to Kansas. :rock:
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb wrote:Too bad Cow College can say the same:
Torbush to Kansas. :rock:
Really? Doesnt bother me. :lol:
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Arkansas is also losing an assistant... their offensive coordinator is going to Illinois. It will be interesting to see how they do next year with a new offensive coordinator and with Mallet in the NFL.