Rebels win in OT over UTEP 91-81

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Another comeback game by the Cardiac Rebs. Rebs went on a 33-11 run from the 4:22 mark and OT.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

when we went down 10, I thought well, that's it..this has to be the most fun team we've had in years (maybe ever) in an insane kind of way :hydro: Keep it rolling Rebs - drama however, is not required 8)
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I listened to this game and almost threw my headset at the 6-minute mark. I'm so glad I didn't see the other thread on this forum....I'd have gone nuts. Great game and Hotty Freakin Toddy!!!!
rebangel
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

UTEP was a long, tall team who gave us fits! They shut Chris Warren down the 2nd half - until the very end of the game. Since they have several players from Memphis, they had allot of fans at the game and we let their fans get into the game which really helped them! However, we seemed to rise to the challenge toward the end. Good teams seem to find a way to win! Make no mistake.....this was a good W for the Rebs!
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

rebangel wrote:UTEP was a long, tall team who gave us fits! They shut Chris Warren down the 2nd half - until the very end of the game. Since they have several players from Memphis, they had allot of fans at the game and we let their fans get into the game which really helped them! However, we seemed to rise to the challenge toward the end. Good teams seem to find a way to win! Make no mistake.....this was a good W for the Rebs!
This W is gonna pay dividends big-time down the road RPI-wise.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We better learn how to play defense and hit free throws. We won't go very far in the big dance playing like we're playing. We also are lacking on an inside game. Buckner is the best we have, and he will be a very good player. But he's just too young right now.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
done

rebeljim wrote:We better learn how to play defense and hit free throws.
Don't see that happening...think games we win will be on pure athletic ability...which will not fly in post season.
fastbrk4
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Free Throws are not a problem for the guards on this team and we have shot them great for years guys so I don't know where that idea is coming from. Yes, our bigs can't hit FTs but they aren't the ones shooting them at the end of games when it counts.
I'll take this from the line any day...
Warren was 13/15
White was 8/10
Graham was 5/6