ARE YOU READY???

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

fastbrk4
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Excited about today's game, let's open a can on the dogs.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Ready for what?
Can you say over-rated?
Geez......choking so far.
------------------

Watching this game finally brings the reality home that football season is over.

Crap...now I'm bummed out. :cry: So we'd better win.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Second half choke job. Always *beep* over-rated.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

Good talent. Good effort. Bad basketball.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Pi$$ poor effort, pi$$ poor coaching and pi$$ poor performance.
I wasted my Saturday for this crap?

Over-rated!!!!!

I plan to send a letter to Kennedy for a refund of what I spent coming here this weekend.

We MAY finish .500 in the SEC and squeak into a tourney somewhere.
Goroth

all this after one SEC game is kinda silly imo. State is probably the best team in the west all around. Other than Ole Miss. Its not like we just lost to Georgia or something. I wouldn't start calling for a dead season, poor effort in the SEC, or a just NIT chance bid. Ole Miss has plenty of talent and skill to bounce back from this.

This is basketball. Not football in which you have a hand full of games.
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Bottom line is we dominated the paint first half, and got sucked into their zone defense the second half. Vanardo is the goofiest lookin human being I have ever seen. White didnt shoot enough. Not the end of the world. But my vision of sweeping Mississippi A&M is gone :x
Chucky_38
All American
All American

I echo earlier posts. As much as it sucks to lose to the necks, they are the best team in the West hands down. We knew that coming in. Doesn't mean we aren't good. Just that we aren't as good as them. We should still have a very good season because we are better than most in the conference.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Alright....everyone knows that DURING the game and just after, I'm very critical and voice my opinion (surprising to some, I know I know ;) )
BUT, I too think we will be ok....but I find it inexcusable to lose AT HOME to the humpers......its our freaking floor, not theirs.....Saturday, THEY owned it. We played a horrible second half and were outcoached in that second half.......

We must get better and be prepared to put this thing behind us.....road SEC is tough enough without dropping a home game.

Hotty Toddy!!!

p.s. No, I wasn't serious about calling Andy for a refund........ :mrgreen:
fastbrk4
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Glad you are still with us ThunderReb :)

What makes this loss tough for us is that it was at home and that it was the SEC opener. That it was State makes it even worse.

BUT, if you watched the game you saw a lot of positives.
1) We penetrated very well in the game (didn't settle for 3's as we have been earlier in the season). If we made the layups we missed and Varnardo gets called for goaltending on a couple he should have then we would have had 10-14 more pts in the paint.
2) Terrence Henry and Reggie Buckner are improving. Henry is especially coming on strong. This will help tremendously to have big guys who can block shots on the floor.
3) Our defense was good sporadically. If we can play 40 minutes of defense we can be a great team. MSUX is the best long-range 3 pt shooting team I've seen since Arkansas' 40 min of hell teams. Their 1-4 are shooting 25 ft 3 pointers...during Sat's game I thought you've got to be kidding me.

Negatives:
1) Gaskins is a liability on the court--Turnovers and airballs, can't shoot a FT. Why does AK continue to play him?
2) Polynice, if he would "know thyself" he could be better player. Shooting 3's and dribbling all day are not his game.
3) Holloway has got to get back to playing like he was earlier in the season.
4) Cranston sucks.