ESPN just reported Kiffin to USC

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Chucky_38
All American
All American

Don't have any feelings on this either way. I'm not crazy for UT but I don't hate them. Don't understand the love for Kiffin though. He didn't win at Oakland, he was 7-6 at UT and now USC wants him? Okay...
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
RebMom
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Sasquatch wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:Guess the circus is leaving town in the dark of night and sooner than expected....had a feeling they would regret this hire. I will go ahead and ask the pertinent question...are there telephone calls and/or airplanes flying between Knoxville and Oxford? If I were them, that is the first place I would look :roll:
Well, crap...I sure did have a good time when it came to Oxford this year!

Here's a fun little rumor from one of the UT boards:

"Orgeron texted all recruits. 'You are welcome to join us at USC.'"

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=7&f=1372&t=5452432

8O
I saw a clip about this on Utube...and aren't we in a dead period right now re: NOT contacting recruits. There's a report O was not only contacting recruits via phone but told recruits already on campus that if they wanted to come to USC...there'd be schollys for them. UT football players said they overhead phone conversations from adjoining room between O & recruits. That's just wrong, WRONG, & REAL WRONG!!!
I'm a Marilyn...but it's not Monroe!
FORWARD REBELS --mj--
RebMom
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

rebelliousb wrote:
rebelbear wrote:Great, does this mean we will have to endure a new round of "Nutt to UT" rumors out of Arky??

yes!
Now I get a question

If the NCAA were about to come down on your school...would you want these clowns to come in a clean things up?
NO WAY! O would probably chest-bump the NCAA Investigators or throw a chair @ them....hahahaha...and Chatty Kiffin would talk their ears off!!!
I'm a Marilyn...but it's not Monroe!
FORWARD REBELS --mj--
rebel556677
Scout Team
Scout Team

No vaseline, no cigarette and no kiss good bye.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Rebchuck18 wrote:Not that this will surprise anyone, but I think USC has panicked and made a big mistake. It has just been my gut that this guy is bad news. It is kind of like everybody hiring Belichick assistants thinking they are him.

Time will tell
I agree. It also makes me think that not to many coaches were interested in the job. Definitely a stupid decision made hastily. They broke rule #1
Rule #1.......Don't panik
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:Not that this will surprise anyone, but I think USC has panicked and made a big mistake. It has just been my gut that this guy is bad news. It is kind of like everybody hiring Belichick assistants thinking they are him.

Time will tell
Yep, and ask Denver, Cleveland and the 08 NYJ how that turned out. This is classic 'out of the frying pan and into the fire' stuff.
done

RebMom wrote:
I saw a clip about this on Utube...and aren't we in a dead period right now re: NOT contacting recruits. There's a report O was not only contacting recruits via phone but told recruits already on campus that if they wanted to come to USC...there'd be schollys for them. UT football players said they overhead phone conversations from adjoining room between O & recruits. That's just wrong, WRONG, & REAL WRONG!!!
I have been an Ole Miss fan for more than 40 years and I have suffered through some horrible years and horrible coaches, but the only time I have ever been totally embarrassed to have someone representing Ole Miss as a head coach was Orgeron. I don't know that I have ever rooted for an Ole Miss loss, but when he made the bonehead call against State there was a part of me that said "Thank God, now we can lance this boil off of our ass!"

USC has hired a blowhard and a no class neanderthal...they will deserve what they get. Short term TN is screwed...long term they should be relieved...the circus has left town and taken the freaks with them!
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4821378

To say that TN is in meltdown now is an understatement. Personally, I love it......angry mob, obcenities, BURNING *beep* UP!!! Pretty cool, even though I think TN will definitely be in better shape if they hire Muschamp, who looks to be at the top of the list.
beachbumreb
2nd String
2nd String

I love it!!! UT fans that I know have been just as bad as bammer heads this season. Its like wonderful poetic justice!
Forward Rebels!
Memphis Jack
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

This is Geoff Calkins' article in today's Commercial Appeal about the sudden abandonment of UT by Kiffin and crew.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/20 ... rise-move/
Memphis Jack
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Geoff Calkin's article in today's CA.

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Memphis Jack wrote:Geoff Calkin's article in today's CA.

thanks for the link - and how true....loved the last bit - Besides, when you think for a moment, it could have been worse. Ed Orgeron could have stayed.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

ESPN's Mark Schlabach on Kiffin leaving Knoxville:
The new year started with Tennessee's football team still smarting from its ugly 37-14 loss to Virginia Tech in the Chick-fil-A Bowl. The first day of 2010 ended with four members of Tennessee's nationally ranked basketball team sitting in a Knoxville jail, facing drug and weapons charges.
What a way to turn the calendar.
Finally, there was good news on Rocky Top on Tuesday night: Lane Kiffin is gone
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/s ... id=4820928
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Memphis Jack wrote:Geoff Calkin's article in today's CA.

funny comments at the bottom:
"...at least Lane used a Trojan when he screwed Tennessee."
guitarguy
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Yeah why would USC want Kiffin after a 7-6 record at UT? I mean I know USC plays only patsy teams and it's powder puff football at best. Still they are expected to lose a BCS bowl every year. Why an unproven kid like Kiffin?