recruiting class

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Rebchuck18 wrote:
rebelliousb wrote:"Also remember a QB from Louisiana who was among the top 5 rated QB's in the country......"

Leave John Fourcade out of it.
Yea, was going there, but some of these younguns weren't even around then...thought I would limit my history of recruiting to the last three coaches...don't get me started on Fourcade, who I had to suffer through during my years at Ole Miss...I think Texas A&M DB's are still running his int's back for touchdowns!
Man...that's funny stuff guys/old farts. Seriously though....I can't imagine chuck being more frustrated watching a QB play more than Jevan. When fourcade played I'll bet the sky was black for anyone that had anything to do with chuck. 8)
Rule #1.......Don't panik
done

badmotorfinger wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:
rebelliousb wrote:"Also remember a QB from Louisiana who was among the top 5 rated QB's in the country......"

Yea, was going there, but some of these younguns weren't even around then...thought I would limit my history of recruiting to the last three coaches...don't get me started on Fourcade, who I had to suffer through during my years at Ole Miss...I think Texas A&M DB's are still running his int's back for touchdowns!
Man...that's funny stuff guys/old farts. Seriously though....I can't imagine chuck being more frustrated watching a QB play more than Jevan. When fourcade played I'll bet the sky was black for anyone that had anything to do with chuck. 8)
MUCH worse than with Snead...you also have to understand that with Fourcade we had Sloan. I never thought I would see a worse SEC HC than Sloan...of course I was proven wrong with "Duh Football"....

I know I have told this story before but we were playing Georgia in Oxford and they were up by maybe 10 or so nearing halftime (can't remember exactly) and Georgia had the ball at maybe near midfield and sent three wideouts out to the right...I turned to my date and said "let's go" she said "why"..I said GA is scoring on this play..she said "why"...I said "we only have 10 men on the field"...TOUCHDOWN! Game over by halftime...long walk back to Frat house...we certainly never won 9 games in any season under Sloan, much less back to back...Sloan won fewer games in his first four years than Nutt has in two!

We really need to step back and appreciate what we have now....I think the future is bright. What a nightmare it was when I was there!
------------------

And as hard as this might be to believe, there are actually a few Ole Miss "fans" who actually believe we didn't give O enough time. I've got a running argument going on with one over on sectalk.net who, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary, STILL thinks that O could have won as many games at Ole Miss the past 2 years as Nutt.
done

Sasquatch wrote:And as hard as this might be to believe, there are actually a few Ole Miss "fans" who actually believe we didn't give O enough time. I've got a running argument going on with one over on sectalk.net who, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary, STILL thinks that O could have won as many games at Ole Miss the past 2 years as Nutt.
Seriously? I think his own players may have killed him by now. I think if we have learned anything from our three years with him and the way he has departed Tennessee we can safely assume two things about Orgeron...

1) he eventually is going to get some school burned, and

2) he has limited intellectual capacity...

We are SO SO much better off with Nutt and Nix and Austin.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

badmotorfinger wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:

You guys are killing me, I was beginning HS during the Fourcade years and have vivid memories of listening to Stan and his FOURCADE SCORES!!!.

So I don't want to here any stories about what a jerk or ass he was, just let me have my memories, stop messing with one of my Ole Miss hero's!!! :lol:
Randy
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

\
Leave John Fourcade out of it.[/quote]

Yea, was going there, but some of these younguns weren't even around then...thought I would limit my history of recruiting to the last three coaches...don't get me started on Fourcade, who I had to suffer through during my years at Ole Miss...I think Texas A&M DB's are still running his int's back for touchdowns![/quote]
Man...that's funny stuff guys/old farts. Seriously though....I can't imagine chuck being more frustrated watching a QB play more than Jevan. When fourcade played I'll bet the sky was black for anyone that had anything to do with chuck. 8)[/quote]

You guys are killing me, I was beginning HS during the Fourcade years and have vivid memories of listening to Stan and his FOURCADE SCORES!!!.

So I don't want to here any stories about what a jerk or ass he was, just let me have my memories, stop messing with one of my Ole Miss hero's!!! :lol:[/quote]

well, he probably won us a couple of games during his career, to be fair. I was actually excited about Sloan for a short time...If I were an alcoholic today, those years would be the triggering factor.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

well, he probably won us a couple of games during his career, to be fair. I was actually excited about Sloan for a short time...If I were an alcoholic today, those years would be the triggering factor.
Takes a strong constitution to be a Rebel fan! :lol:
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

ROFL......I love you guys :lol:
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Josh Nelson and Stewart Patridge were the rebel QBs when I was in HS. Ewww....just got the image of Tubbs on the sideline with those d@mn cigars stuck in my head.
texasrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

Yes, I was also there during the Sloan/Fourcade days. Went through MClub initiation with him.Fourcade was very tough. Sloan was way too nice of a guy. My how time flies!
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

badmotorfinger wrote:Josh Nelson and Stewart Patridge were the rebel QBs when I was in HS. Ewww....just got the image of Tubbs on the sideline with those d@mn cigars stuck in my head.
Patridge is why we should not write off Mackey as a QB until everything plays out.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

badmotorfinger wrote:Josh Nelson and Stewart Patridge were the rebel QBs when I was in HS. Ewww....just got the image of Tubbs on the sideline with those d@mn cigars stuck in my head.

Ditto for me. I seem to remember a mister Paul Head as well...
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
done

rebelliousb wrote:
Patridge is why we should not write off Mackey as a QB until everything plays out.
If we had Patridge this year we might not have lost! What a scrappy and ballsy QB he was. I will never forget when he came to sideline during the high pressure crunch time against MSU and instead of freaking out he said "isn't this fun coach!"..
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
rebelliousb wrote:
If we had Patridge this year we might not have lost! What a scrappy and ballsy QB he was. I will never forget when he came to sideline during the high pressure crunch time against MSU and instead of freaking out he said "isn't this fun coach!"..
With a smile: "this is what its all about..."