Another Mascot Vote??

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

done

rebelliousb wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:
john_avery_fast wrote:just b/c we MAY end up with an on-field mascot that doesn't match the team nickname doesn't necessarily mean that it will become what automatically pops into someone's mind when you say Ole Miss.
That is right...what will come to mind when you say Ole Miss will be..."aren't they the ones that keep trying to fix something that ain't broke?"

Right now the only recurring Ole Miss representative I want to see on the sidelines for football games is HOUSTON NUTT!

And the entire defense?
Key word being "recurring"......the defensive players and the cheerleaders will change throughout the seasons...but I do need to make an addendum to my statement and add T-Nix!
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

I dont say much about this whole mascot thing, but Im ready for some football. Chuck, I love the avatar. Thats fantastic
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

BigTrev34 wrote:I dont say much about this whole mascot thing, but Im ready for some football. Chuck, I love the avatar. Thats fantastic
BigTrev, as someone who is not as emotionally vested in the situation, what is your opinion on the current vote/fiasco?
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
BigTrev34
All SEC
All SEC

I have never seen a mascot win a football game. That being said, this whole thing has kinda gotten out of hand. One way or another, I really do not think it matters when you take a step back and look at it. I liked Col Reb, but he is gone and wont be brought back. These people are fighting a losing war and know it. I think the Ackbar thing was pretty funny, but has been taken a bit too seriously by others. I dont really care who are mascot is, but Ill be excited to see it when I come down for my first game in Oxford next year when we pound UK. And we have to win this game bc if we dont, Ill never hear the end of it.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BigTrev34 wrote:I have never seen a mascot win a football game. That being said, this whole thing has kinda gotten out of hand. One way or another, I really do not think it matters when you take a step back and look at it. I liked Col Reb, but he is gone and wont be brought back. These people are fighting a losing war and know it. I think the Ackbar thing was pretty funny, but has been taken a bit too seriously by others. I dont really care who are mascot is, but Ill be excited to see it when I come down for my first game in Oxford next year when we pound UK. And we have to win this game bc if we dont, Ill never hear the end of it.
I'm pulling for an inanimate object as mascot. I belive the red solo cup personifies OM asuch as anything.
done

rebelliousb wrote:
BigTrev34 wrote:I have never seen a mascot win a football game. That being said, this whole thing has kinda gotten out of hand. One way or another, I really do not think it matters when you take a step back and look at it. I liked Col Reb, but he is gone and wont be brought back. These people are fighting a losing war and know it. I think the Ackbar thing was pretty funny, but has been taken a bit too seriously by others. I dont really care who are mascot is, but Ill be excited to see it when I come down for my first game in Oxford next year when we pound UK. And we have to win this game bc if we dont, Ill never hear the end of it.
I'm pulling for an inanimate object as mascot. I belive the red solo cup personifies OM asuch as anything.
Or a string of pearls and a pair of REAL LOUD britches! 8O
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

B-I-N-G-0, well said Trev.
Randy
Reformed_Hog
Water Boy
Water Boy

bbqit wrote:Too much water under the bridge to bring back Col Reb. Yet, that doesn't mean he should be more gone that he is now. Just keep all like it is but if ya want some kind of mascot running around pick some animal to be the fun on the side line. Or have a different one for every team we play. Like when we play Usc gamecocks we could put Col Sanders on the side line. When we play Ga or Msu put M Vick on the side line. When we play Bama put a mouse on the side line. You can go on and on with bs like that.

WOW I actually LOVE this idea.
In Round 1 of the SEC vs. the Big 12, now known nationally as the Flag Football League, Texas Tech did nothing against Ole Miss to dispel the national perception that Big 12 teams couldn't stop their mail, much less an ambulatory offense.
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

A mascot may have lost a game. The Sooner Schooner cost Oklahoma 15 yards and a go ahead field goal attempt in the 4th quarter of the 1985 Orange Bowl...