Deadman
Scout Team
Scout Team

Deadman
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Great read!!!!!

I am now FOR "Masoli to Ole Miss" and the whole world, especially State chumps, can kiss my REBEL A$$!!!! :twisted:

Bring him on and let's kick it........
done

IMO this is spin....his own team and coaches know the facts and they let him go in spite of his incredible worth to them...that speaks louder to me than any after the fact excuses.....
spudhog
3rd String
3rd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:IMO this is spin....his own team and coaches know the facts and they let him go in spite of his incredible worth to them...that speaks louder to me than any after the fact excuses.....
I agree. Not saying he's some terrible person or isn't remorsefull. But, a vast majority of BCS D1 coaches wouldn't get rid of a multiyear starter unless they absolutely had too. I am not going to beat up OM-Nutt for taking this guy. But, you get what you get.

I always hope athletes like himself can turn it around because we aren't talking about football we are talking about a life. But, life's about chance. I think the odds are against Mr. Masoli on being completely innocent.
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

I love this. Some of you just astonish me...if he were going to Auburn or Georgia nobody would run their high and mighty. It'd be all "good for them for giving second chances, blah blah, blah." It's because it's Ole Miss. Give me a break on this already.

If the kid gets out there and torches defenses what then?

What do you think Nutt said to Nate? Sorry but we're going with this guy? I don't think so. Compete were the words I imagine and I'm sure they were also spoken to Masoli as well.

We've got nothing to lose here folks. Why not? Seriously if he breaks a rule he'll be gone just like Hornsby and Patterson.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
done

A10Rebel wrote:I love this. Some of you just astonish me...if he were going to Auburn or Georgia nobody would run their high and mighty. It'd be all "good for them for giving second chances, blah blah, blah." It's because it's Ole Miss. Give me a break on this already.

What do you think Nutt said to Nate? Sorry but we're going with this guy? I don't think so. Compete were the words I imagine and I'm sure they were also spoken to Masoli as well.

We've got nothing to lose here folks. Why not? Seriously if he breaks a rule he'll be gone just like Hornsby and Patterson.
Auburn and Georgia would be catching the same flack...including from our fans....this is not an Ole Miss bashing thing. This is a rent-a-player-with-problems thing
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
A10Rebel wrote:I love this. Some of you just astonish me...if he were going to Auburn or Georgia nobody would run their high and mighty. It'd be all "good for them for giving second chances, blah blah, blah." It's because it's Ole Miss. Give me a break on this already.

Auburn and Georgia would be catching the same flack...including from our fans....this is not an Ole Miss bashing thing. This is a rent-a-player-with-problems thing
:roll:
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:IMO this is spin....his own team and coaches know the facts and they let him go in spite of his incredible worth to them...that speaks louder to me than any after the fact excuses.....

Everything thing expressed in writing is spin. There are some obvious grey areas here that a white kid gets the benefit of by police, media and readers. That's my opinion. You have yours
colreb1974
Scout Team
Scout Team

All I can say is if stays straight and we win games who the hell cares what happened in Oregon. This is how I see it "what happens in Oregon stays in Oregon"! He is in the Magnolia State now. If we have a great year because of him I am sure that most of you that are against him now will be wearing "Masoli for Predident" t-shirts. If he breaks rules he will be gone and he will not be the first and he will not be the last. HOTTY TODDY!!!!!!
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vince Lombardi
done

I really did think we were better than this....I must take back every criticism I have ever thrown at MSU for Dontae Jones and their other thugs...we are just like them.

That's too bad. I will not rain on y'alls love fest any more. I will just bite my lip and cross my fingers that if Nutt does succumb to the temptation to abandon standards that the guy never sees the field. In the meantime I will be rooting for the true Ole Miss Rebel QB and our starting QB....his name is Nathan Stanley.

Stand strong Nathan....many Rebels who want a kid with class and dignity who has done things the right way are pulling hard for you.
colreb1974
Scout Team
Scout Team

Rebchuck18 wrote:I really did think we were better than this....I must take back every criticism I have ever thrown at MSU for Dontae Jones and their other thugs...we are just like them.

That's too bad. I will not rain on y'alls love fest any more. I will just bite my lip and cross my fingers that if Nutt does succumb to the temptation to abandon standards that the guy never sees the field. In the meantime I will be rooting for the true Ole Miss Rebel QB and our starting QB....his name is Nathan Stanley.

Stand strong Nathan....many Rebels who want a kid with class and dignity who has done things the right way are pulling hard for you.
I don't see anyone against Stanley. I think that we are looking for best opportunity to win and Stanley may be the guy but then again he may not be. He will have competition now and that will make him better. If Stanley is the starter and he gets hurt then what? Maybe you have magical powers and can get Eli to grow a beard and a mullett and change his name to Bobby Boucher but if you dont then we are screwed.
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vince Lombardi
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

Rebchuck18 wrote:I really did think we were better than this....I must take back every criticism I have ever thrown at MSU for Dontae Jones and their other thugs...we are just like them.

I also want to push back a little on how you are championing Nathan Stanley. No one here is going to disagree with the character of Stanley nor his potential. He is a good kid who is a future starter. But to suggest that he deserves the starting job is not true. Who did he beat out to get it? NO ONE. He cannot be the starter just because of seniority or "I was here first." Randall Mackey was not here in the Spring but may very well be a better QB. Cotton only had one good arm and the bad arm was his throwing arm. Masoli may very well be a thug. But no one is saying otherwise. He is a thug who can play football. That makes him a thug with potential. If he comes in and pays his own way and is the best on the field and obeys our team rules, then why not let him play? Nathan has more potential long-term but his potential is no less with Masoli. He still will have a chance to earn his place on the field, which if he does good for him. But no one deserves to start without earning that right. Stanley has not yet proven that he deserves that chance. With Masoli and Mackey in town the job is going to be harder to earn but not impossible. The other side of this is show the kid Stanley some respect. He is big boy and can stand up for himself. Let him start or sit on his own by what he does on the field. Let the best QB win, not the best man. Nathan is a better man. Good for him. Masoli may be a better QB. If he is okay by Nutt then let's say he meets the threshold for whatever is the minimum factor of character needed to start for Ole Miss. Keep in mind as a school we had Ed Orgeron as a Head Coach. Now if Ed can be the HC, and he is a POS, why can't Masoli be the QB?
Married An OM Girl
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

He has applied to the University of Mississippi to receive a Masters in Parks and Recreation Management. I am actually shocked that the University of Oregon doesn't offer this.....
colreb1974
Scout Team
Scout Team

rebeloke wrote:

I also want to push back a little on how you are championing Nathan Stanley. No one here is going to disagree with the character of Stanley nor his potential. He is a good kid who is a future starter. But to suggest that he deserves the starting job is not true. Who did he beat out to get it? NO ONE. He cannot be the starter just because of seniority or "I was here first." Randall Mackey was not here in the Spring but may very well be a better QB. Cotton only had one good arm and the bad arm was his throwing arm. Masoli may very well be a thug. But no one is saying otherwise. He is a thug who can play football. That makes him a thug with potential. If he comes in and pays his own way and is the best on the field and obeys our team rules, then why not let him play? Nathan has more potential long-term but his potential is no less with Masoli. He still will have a chance to earn his place on the field, which if he does good for him. But no one deserves to start without earning that right. Stanley has not yet proven that he deserves that chance. With Masoli and Mackey in town the job is going to be harder to earn but not impossible. The other side of this is show the kid Stanley some respect. He is big boy and can stand up for himself. Let him start or sit on his own by what he does on the field. Let the best QB win, not the best man. Nathan is better man. Good for him. Masoli may be a better QB. If he is okay by Nutt then let's say he meets the treshold for whatever is the minimum factor of character needed to start for Ole Miss. Keep in mind as a school we had Ed Orgeron as a Head Coach. Now if Ed can be the HC, and he is a POS, why can't Masoli be the QB?
Right on Brother!!! I dont give a rats butt who starts as long as we win but Masoli makes us instantly better whether he starts or not. I am sure that if we looked through all our players bios and dug deep enough Masoli is not the only one with a rap sheet. Nathan sure earn the job and not have it handed to him. Giving a man something he has not earned or worked for sounds like what our government is doing now. Let the best man win!
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

I expect this to be a shared effort among Nathan, Mackey, and Masoli. I see all of them playing the role of QB at some point during the game. Now I think Nathan will get a large amount of workload in the beginning of the season which will give him time to prove he should stay out there, but my assumption is come the middle of the season both Masoli and Mackey will be seeing a larger role increase due to both of their playmaking ability. Mackey and Masoli may be on the field at the same time. Heck Stanley may be lined up at receiver like Snead was. We may have all three QBs on the field at the same time!
This will be definitely a Wild Offense this year.

Masoli will play but I still think Nathan will play as well. Unless someone gets hurt. Its a win win. We are allowing our long-term QB get valuable experience while getting a hired-gun to give us some of that playmaking ability we lost when we lost Dex. Its a win win.