Things to ponder

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

------------------

Your little "diatribe" is nothing but another version of the recycled BS...NONE of which has proven itself true...we've been hearing from pig fans since Coach Nutt came to Ole Miss.

WE'VE HEARD IT ALL BEFORE.

WE DON'T CARE.

GO AWAY.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Cliffy wrote:Hey guys, Arkansas fan here, I heard about the masoli thing and was kinda curious about how you felt so I've been reading through your threads. I'm not here to flame, I have a Razorback board and any of you are welcome anytime http://www.razorbacktalk.com.

Of course I'm no Houston fan, was on the fence with him early in his career and fell off several years before he left. The only good thing i think he's brought is a good rivalry to our two teams. I know there's been alot of Razorback fans flame you guys, I guess that ties into the whole rivalry thing plus the hatred for Nutt.

I guess I'm in the older crowd (38) and don't understand the whole taking a thug thing. I would be *beep* if our coach did and I'm sure you think I'm being hypocritical but I'm serious. When we had Nolan, I couldn't stand some of the thugs we had in our program. Anytime we've had a player that gets in trouble and gets let off it makes me sick, Nutt was pretty bad about that. I always wanted a classy program and still do. I don't believe in sacrificing integrity for wins and I do think you can have both.

For you younger guys, it's not always about wins, just like in real life if you cheat or sacrifice your integrity, you usually end up paying one way or another. Kind of a Karma thing. I expect this to blow up in Houston's face and damage your University's reputation, of course he won't care because the man is truly all about himself.

To prove my point, why on earth would he take Masoli? to get 2 extra wins maybe? You just had two back to back great seasons, you'd let him off the hook with a rebuilding year (even though he's recruited for 3 years). So what do those extra two wins really do for you? For one they come at the expense of giving you a bad reputation for your football program and your graduate program, is it really worth it?

This isn't about what's great for you. This is about Nutt, the man is a sociopath and the reason I say that is, he could easily ride out this year and get back on track and you guys would be happy, I imagine if he can average 7 or 8 wins you guys will be fine with that? So why would he take a huge risk on a guy with such a bad track record, what is the reward? Is the reward that he's trying to get a better job or is that your stables are empty enough he thinks you could be down next year too (I don't know you guys know better than me on your talent level). I seriously don't think Masoli (One guy) is going to get you into a BCS bowl. So what's the risk? If Masoli commits another crime, odds aren't good with this guy, it's terrible for you guys PR wise and even worse for Nutt. No decent D-1 university would touch Nutt after that. No other coach would touch this guy. Why is Nutt so desperate????

Good luck guys hope you weather the storm better and shorter than we did.
Cliffy, thank you so much for enlightening all of us.. You are the first Arkansas fan to come on this board try to warn us about Nutt!!
1. The "rivalry" you are talking about is a 1 way street... To us, you are just a team we have beaten two years in a row...
2. If you really believe that Bobby Petrino has not signed any thugs please mail me a check for $1,000 and I will send you back my 100 tips to make you rich!
3. You used the words "classy" and "integrity" to knock Nutt... BOBBY PETRINO IS YOUR COACH!!!!!!! haha wow
4. You are right Masoli isnt worth the risk. He has a University credit card with no credit limit. He has been named "Chancellor in waiting"...... The University is not allowed to do anything without consulting Masoli. The risk HUGEEE! I mean if he sneezes and doesnt say excuse me, he is kicked off the team and we are back to where we were a week ago...
5. I think Masoli makes us 2 wins better, funny thing is I think Arkansas is 1 of the 2..
6. Your obsession with Nutt is pitiful...
7. Why are you so desperate?
8. http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2010/apr ... ug-posses/ (please carry them out and stone them because you said yourself you dont want to be a hypocrite)
9. http://www.kfsm.com/news/sns-ap-fbc--ar ... 8961.story
10. http://www.arkansassports360.com/13856/ ... er-charges
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Sasquatch wrote:Your little "diatribe" is nothing but another version of the recycled BS...NONE of which has proven itself true...we've been hearing from pig fans since Coach Nutt came to Ole Miss.

WE DON'T CARE.

GO AWAY.
My sentiments.......
wpdrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

Cliffy wrote:Really??? This is as good as you can find? Where's the comparison to a multiple offender with violent crime in his history? let alone one whos been kicked out of another program and embraced by us because we are short at a position, we definitely could have gone that road the last two years, the cupboard was bare.

8. Gordon and Hunter were charged with misdemeanors, your point? First time they've gotten in trouble, they'll pay and if they *beep* up they'll be gone.

9. If Odin screws up again he'll be gone

10. This battle? http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4294962 Oh yeah he was dismissed from the team:) He used up his chances.

I guess I shouldn't have bothered, I understand you're going to support "your coach", good luck. I like to try to understand things and the masoli thing makes no sense to me.

There ya go. Right there, those 2 words in quotations. you are right he is OUR COACH. And we back OUR COACH. And will continue to. He is OURS not yours. We like ours you like yours (i guess) so leave ours alone. If you want to talk FOOTBALL not how much u hate Nutt fine, but if all you are gonna do is *beep* and moan about Nutt go away.

Lets see if i can dumb it down for ya. Character aside, I would like to have a seasoned all conference qb over a true sophmore almost anyday. Who wouldn't? Now i am not saying i would bring him in, but Nutt would obviously knows more about the situation than we do, so I will support the decision until I know more about it than i do now.
For evil to succeed, let good men do nothing.
colreb1974
Scout Team
Scout Team

Some stuff I keep hearing is "Oh you may be down this year but next tear you will be better". Who the hell cares about next year? I don't? There is no next year for the seniors. They either win now or they don't.

What do you tell the team? Hey we have 2 qbs and not either one of them has started a game so there is a really good chance we will only win 4 games so you guys just bust your ass everyday and sweat blood but don't worry because next year we will be a contender again. Who in there right freaking mind thinks that works? If you do you are a moroon. I am a sore loser and I watch these games and keep up with these kids not to wait until next year but to win this year!!!
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vince Lombardi
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Cliffy wrote:Really??? This is as good as you can find? Where's the comparison to a multiple offender with violent crime in his history? let alone one whos been kicked out of another program and embraced by us because we are short at a position, we definitely could have gone that road the last two years, the cupboard was bare.

8. Gordon and Hunter were charged with misdemeanors, your point? First time they've gotten in trouble, they'll pay and if they *beep* up they'll be gone.

10. This battle? http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4294962 Oh yeah he was dismissed from the team:) He used up his chances.

I guess I shouldn't have bothered, I understand you're going to support "your coach", good luck. I like to try to understand things and the masoli thing makes no sense to me.
It is amazing you had the nerve to respond. You are a hypocrite. You and most of your fan base is still obsessed with Nutt.. Do you think Masoli will be given any slack if he screws up? No, so in that case, he is the same as your Odin. You know nothing about this team or its make up. Pat Patterson was kicked off the team after multiple *beep* ups. Masoli will walk a straight line, wait and watch.. What violent felony has Masoli been charged with? I must be missing something????
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

show me the the charges and I will argue the point with you...I will bet you can't
Don't come here spewing junk without the integrity to back up your facts. I will eagerly await your factual argument.
Later,
Hagar
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Greetings Cliffy. I share the same sentiments of my fellow Rebels. Something you should keep in mind is this is not a perfect world. In a perfect world, all the players would not have criminal records playing in any college sport. If Petrino is running your piggy program perfect, which i doubt, I applaud, even though I could care less. Teams give second chances to young men all the time and its not breaking any rules. I'll be honest, this is nothing I'm proud of, but like the other rebels have stated, I'll support the coach. That means we won't be flying any banners through the sky cause we're displeased. He knows more about J. Masoli than any of us.

Good luck on your season....maybe the third time will be a charm for the pigs.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
------------------

And since juvenile records are CLOSED and SEALED, there is NO WAY to definitively verify that the incident allegedly involving Masoli in high school occurred the way your link contends that it did.

Nice try, but try again, a$$wipe.

And again...

WE DON'T CARE.

GO AWAY.
Heath's Friend
Water Boy
Water Boy

His name is Anthony Oden not Odin. David Gordon Lopaz is no longer on the Razorback team. I find it hard to believe you are a true razorback fan when you can't get his name right. Yes I am a razorback fan !!!
Last edited by Heath's Friend on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heath's Friend
Water Boy
Water Boy

Sorry about the R and the O
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cliffy wrote:
Hagar wrote:

show me the the charges and I will argue the point with you...I will bet you can't
Don't come here spewing junk without the integrity to back up your facts. I will eagerly await your factual argument.
I just did a quick search....

"In high school, Masoli served three months in Hillcrest Juvenile Hall in San Mateo, Calif., in 2005 for his role in a string of strong-armed robberies that involved him and several other members of Serra High School’s football team. According to media accounts, the group muscled people for money at a local mall and area bus stops."

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... riving.csp
Does it say Convicted of SA robbery... no it says Served...big difference. I rest my case
although I can understand your ability to jump to conclusions...you are after all one of the Telephone record experts from across the river. However I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you listed one... that is a far cry from "Multiple Violet crimes". I give up... talking to you is like getting into a butt kicking contest with a one legged man.
I will give you the last word. I tire of this.
Later,
Hagar
------------------

You done now, Cliffy? Sure looks that way. How does it feel to have your azz smacked around with the TRUTH?

Sorry you couldn't handle it...now run on back to Hogville... :lol:
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

There is one thing that is absoluely certain, EVERY program in the SEC and MOST Div I programs have some players with a much more troubled past than Masoli's. They just haven't received as much press. In fact, there isn't a program around that doesn't have some players who were in gangs.
colreb1974
Scout Team
Scout Team

Hey Cliffy.. Squeal like a piggy for me. Come on I know you do it. Squeal!! I bet if you can't squeal Petrino can but when he leaves town in the middle of the night he will not make a sound. You guys are just cheap entertainment!
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vince Lombardi