Moderator: Rebel Security

rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Politics.
spoole
Water Boy
Water Boy

I think this will help our recruiting this year though.
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Maybe we should point out that we will face Tig this very Saturday and the NCAA oversees them.
Memphis Jack
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Two questions...

Was a reason given?

Is there any recourse, appeal, etc.?
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Memphis Jack wrote:Two questions...

Was a reason given? yes

Is there any recourse, appeal, etc.?
yes

The NCAA staff has granted a graduate student transfer waiver for University of Mississippi football student-athlete Jeremiah Masoli, but he must wait until the 2011-12 academic year to compete. Mr. Masoli can continue to pursue his academic career, is eligible to receive athletics aid, and may practice with the team.

In its decision, the staff noted the student-athlete was unable to participate at the University of Oregon based on his dismissal from the team, which is contrary to the intent of the waiver. The waiver exists to provide relief to student-athletes who transfer for academic reasons to pursue graduate studies, not to avoid disciplinary measures at the previous university.

According to NCAA rules, created by member schools, football graduate student-athletes must receive a waiver in order to compete if they enroll in a university other than where they received their undergraduate degree.

After receiving information from both universities and the student-athlete, the NCAA staff obtained the final piece of information yesterday evening from the University of Mississippi and issued its decision today. The university may appeal this staff decision to the Subcommittee for Legislative Relief, an independent group comprised of representatives from NCAA member colleges, universities and athletic conferences.
Memphis Jack
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Don't think I'll hold my breath waiting on an answer favorable to the Rebels!
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

spoole wrote:I think this will help our recruiting this year though.
dude will be in Canada rather than sit out
spoole
Water Boy
Water Boy

No way he leaves, unless he goes to another school. Which I highly doubt since he would have spent a year learning our playbook and practicing with a team that will return most of the players on offense.
GoneToOxford
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

spoole wrote:No way he leaves, unless he goes to another school. Which I highly doubt since he would have spent a year learning our playbook and practicing with a team that will return most of the players on offense.
Since when is July a year?
spoole
Water Boy
Water Boy

GoneToOxford wrote:
spoole wrote:No way he leaves, unless he goes to another school. Which I highly doubt since he would have spent a year learning our playbook and practicing with a team that will return most of the players on offense.
Since when is July a year?

If he stayed this year.