Just Curious.....

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

GoneToOxford
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

jrhawki wrote:Not sure we win but 1 more game (ULLA)...I am for putting Nutt in the street, but where does the $$$ come from??? Think you can forget
Leach, he is rumored to AZ St. Bring back Austin would work for me.
Going to be a long season.
June Jones from SMU could be interesting. SMU is back on the rise, and his offense is fun to watch.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

At this point, even though I knew we would struggle this year, I am pretty disgusted with Nutt. I don't think we should fire him this year even if we go 1-11. But next year we have to be bowling again.

I never expected to be this bad. I thought we'd win 5 or maybe 6. But my gosh we are terrible. And Nutt is the head coach so he bears the blame. Vandy? Really? An 0-2 Vandy squad that can't throw the ball, so you know the rush is coming, comes in and gains over 200 rushing yards on the ground...with an interim head coach against a veteran SEC coach with far superior talent and beats us by 14? That is more embarassing than the JSU loss to me.

I'm not getting into the "fire the coach" crap because as I have said many times before, and as this season is proving, we have a place in the SEC and it doesn't matter who is coaching us. We are always going to be a 4-8 win program year in and year out. Every now and again we will get a McCluster, Manning or McAllister and win 9 or 10 games, but we are never going to do any better than that. Period.

We will have a few good years then cycle down to suckage. Repeat. We are in the suckage cycle now. Arky does the same thing. They are cycled up now. MState and Vandy stay in suckage alot more than we do. At least we aren't them.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

GoneToOxford wrote:
jrhawki wrote:Not sure we win but 1 more game (ULLA)...I am for putting Nutt in the street, but where does the $$$ come from??? Think you can forget
June Jones from SMU could be interesting. SMU is back on the rise, and his offense is fun to watch.
His offense may be "fun to watch" for some people, but that doesn't mean that it would be successful in the SEC.
GoneToOxford
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

JustBlues wrote:
GoneToOxford wrote:
His offense may be "fun to watch" for some people, but that doesn't mean that it would be successful in the SEC.
That is true..... Can't forget what happened when his Hawaii team met Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.
RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

I believe everyone agreed it would be a rebuilding year, nuff said. I don't think we can expect to win with a QB that just arrived on campus. I will say I was not real "enthused" with the play calling - seemed like we had lots of success throwing over the middle and running to the right side - up the middle wasn't working.

Now, what's up with our defense? That's the big question for me.

Later,
RushB
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
FootballFanatik
Water Boy
Water Boy

the only team ole miss can beat is tulane. out of vandy and jacksonville state. TULANE!! Arkansas will whip our tail, so will LSU, and every other SEC team we play. Offense looks a mess and defense is just horrible. I like Nutt. I dont think its his fault. Its either the players or the coordinators/coaches. The whole thing is a mess. Hotty Freakin' Toddy Ole Miss.
Bama Fan
Water Boy
Water Boy

An outsiders view if you don't mind.

Your defensive players are gassed before halftime. Where is your S&C program? Fundamentals are lacking.

No problem with your offense in the first two games, but the problem on defense is wearing on the offense. It showed in the Vandy game the offense is beginning to play like losers. That attitude is spreading from the defense.
RebelTillDeath
Water Boy
Water Boy

Not sure I want to jump ship on HDN just yet, but if we did lets get someone who is loved by their current fans. Someone who the school doesn't want to get rid of. I don't think I would buy a house if everyone who lived there before said it sux. Just my 2 cents.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

FootballFanatik wrote:the only team ole miss can beat is tulane. out of vandy and jacksonville state. TULANE!! Arkansas will whip our tail, so will LSU, and every other SEC team we play. Offense looks a mess and defense is just horrible. I like Nutt. I dont think its his fault. Its either the players or the coordinators/coaches. The whole thing is a mess. Hotty Freakin' Toddy Ole Miss.
You are correct ASSUMING that nothing is fixed. The problems are fixable and there is still time to fix them, but time is running out fast.