Rumor

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Bama Fan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Hey guys. I'm hearing a rumor about a bunch of Ole Miss players being suspended for the game against us. Truly, I hope it's a bunch of crap, but the rumor seems to have gone viral and is on several other forums. I'm surprised to not see anything about it here. Something like 15 players to be suspended. Anything to it or like most internet rumors, just a load of horse manure?
cajunrebel

As of right now, it's just a rumor. Have heard that it's due to kids missing classes but nobody has a source and nothing official has been said. We'll see next week.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
GoneToOxford
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

A few in my one class got chewed out the other day by the professor for signing in their teammates when they weren't there. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
LCW
Scout Team
Scout Team

Lord have mercy...the ranks are thinning too fast.

I will say that I saw the KY game replay (was there for the game as well) and that Matthews kid is a maniac. Hair like Nugent and hitting as hard as anyone could. Wow....and he was p'od when they said he had a concussion...BEGGING to be let back in to the game.

Worrisome that we have had FOUR concussions in the last couple of games. What gives? Just a fluke or as someone said, are our guys hitting incorrectly (i.e. head too low, head too high, etc.)?
"Drink more, feel better." - Jimmy Buffett
done

LCW wrote:Lord have mercy...the ranks are thinning too fast.

I will say that I saw the KY game replay (was there for the game as well) and that Matthews kid is a maniac. Hair like Nugent and hitting as hard as anyone could. Wow....and he was p'od when they said he had a concussion...BEGGING to be let back in to the game.

Worrisome that we have had FOUR concussions in the last couple of games. What gives? Just a fluke or as someone said, are our guys hitting incorrectly (i.e. head too low, head too high, etc.)?
I say get that kid some aspirin and a good barber and get him back on the field 8)
wpdrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

Sounds like a plan to me.
For evil to succeed, let good men do nothing.
03rebs

I remember reading some practice reports from a few months ago, that the coaches said Brishen Matthews loves to hit hard.
Forward Rebels!
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Yeah it was def a fluke with the concussions. Around the locker room the coaches are saying that the players were so hyped up they completely played with abandon and tackled using the wrong form and got concussions. We have so many players injured its ridiculous. Whats good though is all 4 will be ready to go against bama and we should have everyone but of course lockett back. This of course provided they don't get suspended first .
Married An OM Girl
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

03rebs wrote:

I remember reading some practice reports from a few months ago, that the coaches said Brishen Matthews loves to hit hard.
I was standing on the sidelines when he crushed a receiver coming across the middle during the Meet the Rebels Day scrimmage. Everybody started whooping and cheering, and Johnny Brown (I think) came over to him and said: "Man, you been waiting to do that for a long time!" He is a head hunter.
LCW
Scout Team
Scout Team

Married An OM Girl wrote:
03rebs wrote:

I was standing on the sidelines when he crushed a receiver coming across the middle during the Meet the Rebels Day scrimmage. Everybody started whooping and cheering, and Johnny Brown (I think) came over to him and said: "Man, you been waiting to do that for a long time!" He is a head hunter.

I'm gonna enjoy watching him for the next four years....ya gotta love the hair...
"Drink more, feel better." - Jimmy Buffett
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Bama Fan wrote:Hey guys. I'm hearing a rumor about a bunch of Ole Miss players being suspended for the game against us. Truly, I hope it's a bunch of crap, but the rumor seems to have gone viral and is on several other forums. I'm surprised to not see anything about it here. Something like 15 players to be suspended. Anything to it or like most internet rumors, just a load of horse manure?

Have heard the number, if ture, is more like 4 players overall and the suspensions, again if true, may be used later in the season (ULL).
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
GulfCoastRebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

I hear its just a rumor
rebeloke
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

I can promise you short of felony charges, they will not get suspended for the Bama game. It would be enforced against another team if at all true.