Rumor

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Chucky_38
All American
All American

I have nothing concrete, but my sources tell me that we are wearing throwbacks to our uniforms of the sixties. White jerseys with blue numbers, grey pants, powder blue script Ole Miss helmets. I can't freaking wait for this!

As for the colors the fans wear, blue hides their numbers. I like it. Besides, when we go to road games, Rebel fans don't wear white like the team does. So it doesn't matter what our team is wearing. We just need to wear what we are asked.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Chucky_38 wrote:I have nothing concrete, but my sources tell me that we are wearing throwbacks to our uniforms of the sixties. White jerseys with blue numbers, grey pants, powder blue script Ole Miss helmets. I can't freaking wait for this!

YES
TheUnsub
Water Boy
Water Boy

ANYONE have a pic of the uniforms? POST IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
done

rebelliousb wrote:Well also heard it could be jerseys like the 60 team (national champion) or white no stripe (70 team). Both teams honored Sat.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am appalled that we are ripping off the scab that is covering our horrible past by honoring teams from that racist era. Have we no sense of what this does to our recruiting of African American athletes? Can the administration put a stop to this outrage. Some of us just can't let the past go. I mean these teams had a confederate soldier as a mascot. And after all they are not "really" a part of our "tradition"....hell the members were only here for 4 years.

I think to rectify this situation, and take steps to self punish, and take one more step in eliminating the vestiges of our destructive refusal to "let go", the administration should declare that Ole Miss will no longer recruit punters, kickers or offensive linemen so that we may get rid of those stubborn hangers on from our caucasian past and enlighten ourselves by eliminating the possibility of ANY descendant of slave owners representing our beloved Rebels...I mean BEARS!

And I am SO OVER this whole uniform color thing.....it is as tiresome and old as that stupid Grove and that ridiculous old Colonel Sanders look alike who used to haunt our sidelines...uniform colors..are you kidding me...are the rest of you with me? Come on! Let's go bowling...but not at Kiamies (too many memories of the old Ole Miss there...good thing it burned down, huh!)

HOTTY TODDY! Oops.....sorry I need to learn to let go....so I mean to say....go bears! 8)
wpdrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

Rebchuck18 wrote:
rebelliousb wrote:Well also heard it could be jerseys like the 60 team (national champion) or white no stripe (70 team). Both teams honored Sat.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I am appalled that we are ripping off the scab that is covering our horrible past by honoring teams from that racist era. Have we no sense of what this does to our recruiting of African American athletes? Can the administration put a stop to this outrage. Some of us just can't let the past go. I mean these teams had a confederate soldier as a mascot. And after all this team is not "really" a part of our "tradition"....hell the members were only here for 4 years.

I think to rectify this situation, and take steps to self punish, and take one more step in eliminating the vestiges of our destructive refusal to "let go", the administration should declare that Ole Miss will no longer recruit punters, kickers or offensive linemen so that we may enlighten ourselves by eliminating the possibility of ANY descendant of slave owners representing our beloved Rebels...I mean BEARS!

And I am SO OVER this whole uniform color thing.....it is as tiresome and old as that stupid Grove and that ridiculous old Colonel Sanders look alike who used to haunt our sidelines...uniform colors..are you kidding me...are the rest of you with me? Come on! Let's go bowling...but not at Kiambies (too many memories of the old Ole Miss there...good thing it burned down, huh!)

HOTTY TODDY! Oops.....sorry I need to learn to let go....so I mean to say....go bears! 8)

I think we may be kin somewhere down the line!!! :lol:
For evil to succeed, let good men do nothing.
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

All hail RebChuck!!!!

By the way folks, I heard we're breaking out the leather helmuts too!
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

good call sir
BovinaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Dont know if I quite like them yet, maybe they will grow on me.