What is the nicest Male Dorm?

The what, where, and when around Oxford.

Moderator: Rebel Security

GoRebs24
Water Boy
Water Boy

I will be attending Ole Miss next fall and I was wondering what is the nicest dorm for guys? and why
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

GoRebs24 wrote:I will be attending Ole Miss next fall and I was wondering what is the nicest dorm for guys? and why
The new residential colleges likely fits that bill since they are basically brand spanking new and have suite-type rooms, though there are some hoops to jump to get a room there. Plus it is coed and many of the freshman student athletes are housed there now, so you could possible get to know a few players.

I lived in Stockard: there is a reason the nickname is the Stockyard. Wasn't a bad dorm, but not nice (this was in 2001/2002, so who knows what renovations have been done). Always plenty of girls around since it is connected to a girls dorm.

Kincannon was terrible when I was there and I doubt they have put any $$$ into it in the last few years. Rooms were very small.

The other guy dorms all had extremely small rooms and were quite old.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
GoRebs24
Water Boy
Water Boy

d*** I just checked out 1 of the 2 residential colleges called South College it looks amazing, 1 question I have about though is it a separate application? Because I already sent in a 75 dollar housing application but there was no place to put your preference or anything like that
GoRebs24
Water Boy
Water Boy

Nvm I read more into it it is 2 separate applications you need to fill out
cajunrebel

If I were you I'd ask to live in one of the sorority houses.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
GoRebs24
Water Boy
Water Boy

Lol well im a guy so frat house...but I have to get into a frat first
------------------

One of the pluses of living in one of the older freshman dorms is that some of them have sinks in the rooms. I transferred to Ole Miss from NWCC so I wasn't on campus as a freshman, but I lived in Faulkner men's dorm (across the street from Johnson Commons) for a year. We had sinks in our rooms and even though it might not seem like a big deal, having running water in your room for shaving, brushing teeth, etc., sure does make dorm life a bit more tolerable.
cajunrebel

Sasquatch wrote:One of the pluses of living in one of the older freshman dorms is that some of them have sinks in the rooms. I transferred to Ole Miss from NWCC so I wasn't on campus as a freshman, but I lived in Faulkner men's dorm (across the street from Johnson Commons) for a year. We had sinks in our rooms and even though it might not seem like a big deal, having running water in your room for shaving, brushing teeth, etc., sure does make dorm life a bit more tolerable.

Agreed. I was in Garland my freshman year of G-H-M and having a sink was a huge plus and the fact that it was right near classes/library and my fraternity house helped as well. Also, the rooms were bigger than at Stockyard. We had two bunks and a couch in our room.

I have lived in my fraternity house and I still say that I would rather look into living in any of the sorority houses. All they can do is say no. . . . :P
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

Go Stockard...I lived in Kinard my freshmen year and I was always jealous of my buddies who lived in Stockard bc that is where you will meet the most girls your freshmen year. And if you have a friend going with you pay for a third friend to sign up that is not planning on going and have him drop before his deposit can be kept so you can get a 3 person corner room for 2 people.

Trust me Kinard has several nice advantages back then, but Martin is where all the girls are and Stockard is connected to it. It works out in your favor. That might have changed but I gander that it still holds true, and remember nothing is worth more than being 18 yrs. old and having every freshmen girl in your phone.

Go get em!
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

Stockard. I lived in Kincompton. Stay away, even if you're black. That place was so ghetto it was ridiculous, and by ghetto I mean literally a projects building and it didn't matter who you were or what you looked like. Floor 3 was heroin, Floor 6 was weed (I personally had no issue with that) and Floor 7 had people thrown out for coke..and also had hair cutting parties in the hallway. Additionally, the elevator conveniently broke on move out day, and every other weekend, and every stall was covered in puke or *beep*. Wear sandals in the showers no matter where you go, or enjoy your HIV positive fungi.

One time I walked out of my room on 6 and a BB wizzed past my right ear and nailed the glass window on the emergency exit. It went about a quarter inch into the glass and lodged into it. Someone picked it out with a knife later. Also, UPD at one point was complaining about air soft pellets being fired at their parked patrol cars in the parking lot.

One good thing about the place though was we had a great pulley system made out of spare belts to get cases of keystone up the side and into the window.

Stockard, on the other hand, was classy for everbody.

If you can swing Deaton, God bless you.

Brown basement is ok too, I had some good friends in there. IDK if it's still male.
We Are Ole Miss
GoRebs24
Water Boy
Water Boy

what do you mean by if you can swing deaton god bless you
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

mpzreb17 wrote: I lived in Kincompton. Stay away, even if you're black. That place was so ghetto it was ridiculous, and by ghetto I mean literally a projects building and it didn't matter who you were or what you looked like.
I can second that!
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

GoRebs24 wrote:what do you mean by if you can swing deaton god bless you
I think he is referring to the fact Deaton was, until 2 yrs ago, the male athletic dorm, which means it is likely in really nice condition.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
GoRebs24
Water Boy
Water Boy

Oh yeah, I was on the housing part of the website and Deaton is the most newly renovated and most centrally located and its 4 grand a year not bad, the others are around 3800 a semester which is not much of a difference
RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Got a friend who I went to Clinton High with, his son just got moved into his new dorm. Not sure if the picture will work:

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan