Moderator: Rebel Security

GoRebs24
Water Boy
Water Boy

This is just my opinion feel free to tell me yours

1) Ole Miss vs. BYU in Oxford- Win
2) Ole Miss vs.Southern Illinois in Oxford- Win
3) Ole Miss vs. Vandy at Nashville - Win
4) Ole Miss vs. Georgia in Oxford- Tough game I'll be optimistic and call that a rebels victory
5) Ole Miss vs. Alabama in Oxford- Loss
6) Ole Miss vs. Arkansas in Oxford- Loss
7) Ole Miss vs. Auburn at Auburn- Loss ( This is a winnable game though Auburn will not be the same team but regardless its hard to go in there and get a win)
8) Ole Miss vs. Kentucky at Kentucky - Win
9) Ole Miss vs. LA Tech in Oxford- Win
10) Ole Miss vs. LSU in Oxford - I'm gonna say this will be a win because it's in Oxford
11) Ole Miss Vs Miss State at Starkville - Loss ( Winnable game but it's on the road)

This would put the Rebels at 7-4 and a bid at a bowl game what do you guys think the seasons gonna look like?
bigtreydaddy
2nd String
2nd String

GoRebs24 wrote:This is just my opinion feel free to tell me yours

4) Ole Miss vs. Georgia in Oxford- Tough game I'll be optimistic and call that a rebels victory
7) Ole Miss vs. Auburn at Auburn- Loss ( This is a winnable game though Auburn will not be the same team but regardless its hard to go in there and get a win)
10) Ole Miss vs. LSU in Oxford - I'm gonna say this will be a win because it's in Oxford
11) Ole Miss Vs Miss State at Starkville - Loss ( Winnable game but it's on the road)

This would put the Rebels at 7-4 and a bid at a bowl game what do you guys think the seasons gonna look like?

Super early to be doing these, but I'll say 7-5, sweeping our OOC and beating Vandy and Kentucky on the road and an upset one of the other six.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

GoRebs24 wrote:This is just my opinion feel free to tell me yours

you forgot the Fresno State road game.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
done

Predictions? Really? We don't even know who the QB is going to be.....not touching this.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:Predictions? Really? We don't even know who the QB is going to be.....not touching this.
Same here. When i read this thread my first thought was "REALLY?!?".
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:Predictions? Really? We don't even know who the QB is going to be.....not touching this.
with a 30 foot pole right now.
Randy
kjreb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

this^^^^^
heard state's changing field to turf next year. cheerleaders kept eating the grass
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I bet I could get it right with five guesses...
GoRebs24
Water Boy
Water Boy

you can put Fresno state as a win anyways, and with Stanley, Mackey, or even Brunetti as qb they still need to beat the teams they need to beat those being Southern Illinois, Vandy, Fresno, Kentucky, and LA Tech, and that would already put the rebels at 5 wins
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

GoRebs24 wrote:you can put Fresno state as a win anyways, and with Stanley, Mackey, or even Brunetti as qb they still need to beat the teams they need to beat those being Southern Illinois, Vandy, Fresno, Kentucky, and LA Tech, and that would already put the rebels at 5 wins
Not if you expect it. Jacksonville State. Shouldn't have happened, but it did. Never expect to win, always play your best game.
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Exactly. GoRebs24 is completely off his rocker.

Get this through your heads everyone... VANDY OWNS US!! Anyone who calls this a W should be locked up. And I don't want to hear anything about "this is the year we blow 'em out because we're due". Lock it down. We are terrible against Vandy and we have ZERO reason to think otherwise 4 days before NSD. If we have blown out BYU and Southern Illinois by 40 each as well as shut them completely down on the Defensive side, I will feel confident about Vandy. But until then, people need to keep that s&&t on a leash.

Second UGA in Oxford a W? You seriously should consider therapy. A bad UGA team is still at BEST a push in Oxford. "Toss up with a possible UGA blowout win" is the phrase you're looking for.

UK at UK and you claim a W? Did you watch last year? Masoli won that game by himself (because he had to Chuck) and the defense did everything they possibly could to give it back in the final 7 minutes. Good God, a W? No.

LA Tech in Oxford? Push, with an edge to us. 7 point win would be nice.

LSU in Oxford. I don't know if you heard but the BEST JUCO QB IN THE NATION is playing for LSU next year. This game is late in the season and they will be rolling by the time they get to us. CREAMED by 24 points and we will never be in this one.

This is a 4 or 5 win team as we stand right now. With what we have and what we're expecting to come in. If KL gets a medical, CJ is truly a beast, TWO of our new CB's play lights out, one of our QB's is really a player, Brassell signs and is a freshman stud, our OL actually plays football and our entire defensive mindset changes, I'll give us 6 or 7 wins. That's a LOT of things that have to happen.

Reality is the best tonic. Drink it down boys. The best recruiting class in the nation probably won't help much next year. Sure, a few will contribute and maybe one or two might be starting by the end of the season, but we are in for a long year of "what could have beens" and "if we had onlys". We have too many questions and youth. 2012 is looking good, but 2011 WILL BE DISAPPOINTING (sub .500, no bowl), book it.
L. S. WHO?
hottytoddy2011
Water Boy
Water Boy

Wow... As I'm sure nutt snd the staff are telling the recruits this we still are trying to get brassell and whitehead so let's not even do predictions or bash our 4-5 win team..... Shoot for the National Championship and heck we might get a SEC Championship! Never say never... Just saying...
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

hottytoddy2011 wrote:Wow... As I'm sure nutt snd the staff are telling the recruits this we still are trying to get brassell and whitehead so let's not even do predictions or bash our 4-5 win team..... Shoot for the National Championship and heck we might get a SEC Championship! Never say never... Just saying...
Hey brother, realism is a fickle lady and expectations are our mortal enemy. 2009 ring any bells? Our selling point is playing time and the kids are listening. I didn't say we CAN'T be better than 4 or 5 wins, I said that a few freshman (hey looky there!!11!! I read the whole post!!11!) including the recruits you mentioned have to be immediate impact players. Something that doesn't happen very often in the SEC and even less to OM. I hold out strong hope that our freshman studs in this signing class can contribute, but if they need some time to adjust to the SEC game (which most kids do), we should all expect it. All of this 7-5, 8-4, hope for NC, Where's ATL, who can help me get a room at the Marriot on Peachtree St, can I ride with you to ATL crap is annoying and worthless. It's how rumors get started, it's how unrealistic expectations get built, it's how 18 year olds get pressured to win or get out. NOTHING GOOD COMES OF IT.

For now, I'll just sit here with my coffee n chickory, reading the paper/interwebs and believing that HDN will turn us around and that our new class of recruits will be both productive and aggressive when they see the field. I will HOPE that we have 4 or 5 of them starting and playing lights out (because I know how good they CAN be) and we do actually win 7 games. But as for predictions, I'll use a small amount of logic and reason with a dash of reality and stop there.

All of this is moot anyway. We won't know what this team is made of until Saturday October 15th, 2011. THEN we will know what we're made of. I believe anything is possible, I hope for greatness. I will NOT predict anything but rational, logical expectations and I will not foolishly hope for an NC or trip to ATL. Period.
L. S. WHO?
kjreb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

this too^^^^
heard state's changing field to turf next year. cheerleaders kept eating the grass
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

oxpatchreb wrote:
hottytoddy2011 wrote:Wow... As I'm sure nutt snd the staff are telling the recruits this we still are trying to get brassell and whitehead so let's not even do predictions or bash our 4-5 win team..... Shoot for the National Championship and heck we might get a SEC Championship! Never say never... Just saying...
Hey brother, realism is a fickle lady and expectations are our mortal enemy. 2009 ring any bells? Our selling point is playing time and the kids are listening. I didn't say we CAN'T be better than 4 or 5 wins, I said that a few freshman (hey looky there!!11!! I read the whole post!!11!) including the recruits you mentioned have to be immediate impact players. Something that doesn't happen very often in the SEC and even less to OM. I hold out strong hope that our freshman studs in this signing class can contribute, but if they need some time to adjust to the SEC game (which most kids do), we should all expect it. All of this 7-5, 8-4, hope for NC, Where's ATL, who can help me get a room at the Marriot on Peachtree St, can I ride with you to ATL crap is annoying and worthless. It's how rumors get started, it's how unrealistic expectations get built, it's how 18 year olds get pressured to win or get out. NOTHING GOOD COMES OF IT.

For now, I'll just sit here with my coffee n chickory, reading the paper/interwebs and believing that HDN will turn us around and that our new class of recruits will be both productive and aggressive when they see the field. I will HOPE that we have 4 or 5 of them starting and playing lights out (because I know how good they CAN be) and we do actually win 7 games. But as for predictions, I'll use a small amount of logic and reason with a dash of reality and stop there.

All of this is moot anyway. We won't know what this team is made of until Saturday October 15th, 2011. THEN we will know what we're made of. I believe anything is possible, I hope for greatness. I will NOT predict anything but rational, logical expectations and I will not foolishly hope for an NC or trip to ATL. Period.
A 7 win season is worthless? LOL, I've seen worse teams win 7 games. Without knowing all of the starters and every other problem, a 7 win season can be achieved if coaching is done right.