Big blue on espnu

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

kjreb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

:eek2: great game! had meɜ holding my breath like the southern miss game last year. glad i watched
heard state's changing field to turf next year. cheerleaders kept eating the grass
rebangel
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Tonight is what it should be like every night the Rebs play in the Tad Pad....great game and great game.....Hoddy Toddy!
carl winslow
3rd String
3rd String

colreb74 wrote:
carl winslow wrote:
colreb74 wrote:The Kennedy factor really makes an 11 pt lead disappear quickly, huh?
Best thing he did all season was let Warren sit and the other guys find their rythm. We are playing #11 in the nation. I wouldn't be so critical of this game...
Kentucky is a great team, no doubt! Im proud we're in this game. I'll stop being critical of Kennedy when the boys play a consistent 40 minutes.
No comment..
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

What a win! I wish I would've watched it now. Only reason I knew is when I went to espn.com and they were on the home page...A Rebel Yell(very good feat for our bball team!)

Now, let's see if Kennedy can "string" some wins together.
CMB
2nd String
2nd String

I still cannot figure out how this happened. We lose to less talented teams but beat Kentucky? It seems this is a trend across all sports at Ole Miss. It keeps us watching and hoping I guess - always that "you never know" factor.

It reminds me of when you are playing golf and you suck it up for 17 holes....but play the 18th like a PGA pro ---- for 17 holes you swear you are finished....but then after the 18th you cant wait to start a new round..only for the same thing to happen again! lol
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

CMB wrote:I still cannot figure out how this happened. We lose to less talented teams but beat Kentucky? It seems this is a trend across all sports at Ole Miss. It keeps us watching and hoping I guess - always that "you never know" factor.

It reminds me of when you are playing golf and you suck it up for 17 holes....but play the 18th like a PGA pro ---- for 17 holes you swear you are finished....but then after the 18th you cant wait to start a new round..only for the same thing to happen again! lol
Without down playing the game our guys played tonight, UK is not a world beater this season. They have plenty of talent to be able to win the SEC, but they are young and still make some mistakes. Assuming no one leaves after this season for the NBA, they will be a favorite to win the SEC next year and a final 4 team.

We played really well. A great game until the last 4 minutes when we started getting nervous and let them back in it late. But UK will most likely finish in the top 25 after a Sweet Sixteen loss. They are not an elite team at this point in the season. We do, however, need them to win out. I certainly hope they don't drop a single game from this point on. We need all the RPI help we can get.

Oh, and I HATE Calipari. HATE HIM.
L. S. WHO?
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

nice win against ky. ky is one team you never want to say you beat. always say you won against them.
CrossroadsReb
Scout Team
Scout Team

CMB wrote:I still cannot figure out how this happened. We lose to less talented teams but beat Kentucky? It seems this is a trend across all sports at Ole Miss. It keeps us watching and hoping I guess - always that "you never know" factor.

Quite simple: for the first time, this team played with passion, purpose, and poise. There was a game plan, there was enthusiasm, there was energy.............now, if we can add consistency to this equation, then we've got ourselves quite a team.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do!"
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

And not to forget What a Hell of a shot from Chris Warren to win it. 8O
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

CMB wrote:I still cannot figure out how this happened. We lose to less talented teams but beat Kentucky? It seems this is a trend across all sports at Ole Miss.
I wouldn't say "all sports". It didn't happen in Football.... Or at least I can't name a more talented team that we beat in 2010. Can you?

I think it's a stretch to say Fresno St was more talented, and they were hands down the best team we beat.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Good win. LSU played hard tonight. Didn't wanna get blown out again.
Some Random Dude