Moderator: Rebel Security

ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I'm done.........
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Yeah i think its safe to say that the era of Andy Kennedy is over as head coach of the basketball rebs. The only way Kennedy is going to keep his job is if he wins the sec tournament, and I think he knows that. This season has gone horribly wrong. We start the season picked to finish 2nd in the west and a possible ncaa tournament birth....and then we start the season 0-4 in the sec. Then we go on a small streak and we think that maybe we finally have it together....and then boom...we lose to state for the 4th time in a row, we lose to the worst team in the east (sc), and we lose to auburn after blowing a 20 point lead. This team is so random. The way this season has gone, it wouldn't surprise me if we went into the sec tournament and beat florida or vandy, and then go and lose to south carolina or auburn. Right now we still need 1 to 2 more wins to even get into the NIT. That won't happen. Kennedy's gone. Whats sad is his fate is reserved for any coach we pick up if this administration doesn't change its stance on basketball.
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

jrebel87 wrote:Yeah i think its safe to say that the era of Andy Kennedy is over as head coach of the basketball rebs. The only way Kennedy is going to keep his job is if he wins the sec tournament, and I think he knows that. This season has gone horribly wrong. We start the season picked to finish 2nd in the west and a possible ncaa tournament birth....and then we start the season 0-4 in the sec. Then we go on a small streak and we think that maybe we finally have it together....and then boom...we lose to state for the 4th time in a row, we lose to the worst team in the east (sc), and we lose to auburn after blowing a 20 point lead. This team is so random. The way this season has gone, it wouldn't surprise me if we went into the sec tournament and beat florida or vandy, and then go and lose to south carolina or auburn. Right now we still need 1 to 2 more wins to even get into the NIT. That won't happen. Kennedy's gone. Whats sad is his fate is reserved for any coach we pick up if this administration doesn't change its stance on basketball.
I know of 3.9 million reasons Kennedy is likely to be back regardless of what happens at the SEC tournament or NIT.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

john_avery_fast wrote:
I know of 3.9 million reasons Kennedy is likely to be back regardless of what happens at the SEC tournament or NIT.
Yep
Randy
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rewalters wrote:
john_avery_fast wrote:
Yep
Well, there's THAT.
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

I'm sure a team of Ole Miss lawyers are looking over his contract right now looking for a loop hole to get out of paying the 3.9 million. Personally, I think it's a small price to pay considering we'd be rid of a tool that could coach the NBA All Star team down to pee wee level.