NIT

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebangel
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

When will be hear anything about this....would love to see us host a game!!!
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

Are you serious? If so, you may be the last human who cares about the NIT. If we make the NIT, we'll be a mid to low seed, so hosting is unlikely.... If we've learned anything about this years team, they flat suck in tournament play! At least NOT hosting spares us the embarasment of losing another game in the Tad Pad this year.
rebangel
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

projections show us as a 5 seed....
rebangel
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Just as a follow up....if we get an NIT home game...we need to support our Rebels. While I am not an AK fan, my blood bleeds "red and blue" and I will be there!
colreb74
3rd String
3rd String

And the NIT is broken into 4 groups of only 7 teams each (28 teams total), so we are potentially a low seed in the NIT based on those projections. Not gonna host as a 5 seed. I'm ready for someone who can take Ole Miss back to the REAL dance! Most of Kennedy's predecessors got there at least once.
Goroth

colreb74 wrote:And the NIT is broken into 4 groups of only 7 teams each (28 teams total), so we are potentially a low seed in the NIT based on those projections. Not gonna host as a 5 seed. I'm ready for someone who can take Ole Miss back to the REAL dance! Most of Kennedy's predecessors got there at least once.
Don't forget about the years we had before AK got to the bench.
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

The problem is 99.9 % of rebel fans just don't care about the Not Interested Tournament anymore. There is no national recognition for making the NIT. There is no recognition for winning the NIT. All winning the NIT means is your the 69th best team in the country.................something to be so proud of. People wonder why fans have a sort of indifference for basketball? This is why. Its because we rebel fans have had our heart ripped out of our chests for over 9 straight years of not making the tournament.
done

But for those 3 people interested, nitpicking begins Sunday night after they rummage through the NCAA dumpster. 8)
Goroth

Rebchuck18 wrote:But for those 3 people interested, nitpicking begins Sunday night after they rummage through the NCAA dumpster. 8)
Maybe we can land a game against Alabama/Georgia again.
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

So are y'all saying it's better not to get an NIT invite? :roll: I understand we all want the big dance but when you have all these automatic births, it kind of makes it tougher on others. And we all need to realize we will never be a Duke. But I agree this season was a bust, lost to some teams we should have beat but won a few (very few) we should have lost. The 2 losses to State hurt the most! Football is the main draw,as it always will be and should, but it would be nice to be able to really enjoy some basketball also.
scott
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

mascott wrote:So are y'all saying it's better not to get an NIT invite? :roll: I understand we all want the big dance but when you have all these automatic births, it kind of makes it tougher on others. And we all need to realize we will never be a Duke. But I agree this season was a bust, lost to some teams we should have beat but won a few (very few) we should have lost. The 2 losses to State hurt the most! Football is the main draw,as it always will be and should, but it would be nice to be able to really enjoy some basketball also.
scott
The ONLY reason an invite is worthwhile is MSU won't even get that.
------------------

ANY postseason play in ANY sport is a good thing.
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

Now that's what I'm talking about. 8)
scott
rebangel
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

We are a 5 seed - get to travel and play Cal....tsds did not get an NIT invite.....
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

I thought they were TSBU.(the school beneath us) :lol:
scott