All SEC
All SEC

as of approximately 3pm cst, 6/7/11:

Michael Reed-OF, HS signee 5th rd Brewers
David Goforth-P, 7th rd Brewers
Senquez Golson-OF, HS signee (and FB signee), 8th rd Red Sox
Austin Wright-P, 8th rd Phillies
Jake Overbey-IF, HS signee (brother of Preston), 10th rd Phillies

as to the above, I am most confident Reed, Goforth, and Wright will move on. Golson being taken by the Bo Sox bears watching as Boston is notorious for paying above slot (David Renfro comes to mind); similar situation with Overbey, as the Phillies have also shown the willingness to pull out the checkbook for a prospect they really want/like.

Also, while not an impact on next year's squad, Miles Hamblin was the Astros 12th rd pick.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Tracey and Crouse drafted today. Anyone else surprised Matt Smith wasn't????
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

So how decimating has this been on our upcoming class?
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:So how decimating has this been on our upcoming class?

5 current players (1senior)

7 signees
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

rebelliousbear wrote:

7 signees
To be fair, only signee Reed is EXPECTED to go. We still have to worry about Golson and Overbey as they were drafted by the Red Sox and Phillies respectively and those two clubs are famous for offering over slot money to players they really want. Both players have indicated that they really want to be Rebels, but once they are holding the check, it's a whole different ballgame. The rest of the signees drafted should be on campus because they were drafted later and should not be offered signing type money. But still, anything can happen.

Indications from those more knowledgeable than I are that all our current players drafted will go. If this happens, our pitching is going to take a nose dive. Expect pitching by committee from multiple freshman and JUCO's in 11/12.

On the flip side, if everyone we expect to stay does and MB highers an actual GOOD/GREAT asst to replace Moss, 12/13 is looking like a host year and typical OM results (SECT run, possible SECW crown and SR appearance).
L. S. WHO?
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

rebelliousbear wrote:

7 signees
Not decimating until they actually sign. From the signees, reed is the only lock to go pro, and golson and overbay, based on the deep pockets that selected them, are roughly 50-50 imo. The rest likely make it to campus based on who and where selected.

Wright and goforth are as good as gone as I doubt they can improve their stock. Crouse is tough to predict, though I would lean toward him leaving as he has probably leveled out stock-wise.

Now we get to see what happens when a few of the jucos we signed get drafted.
Basesloaded
Water Boy
Water Boy

Does anyone have a list of the signees for next year both High school & Juco?
oxpatchreb
All American
All American

Basesloaded wrote:Does anyone have a list of the signees for next year both High school & Juco?

I'm skeptical of your motives, pro scout man.
L. S. WHO?
------------------

oxpatchreb wrote:
Basesloaded wrote:Does anyone have a list of the signees for next year both High school & Juco?

Pork...I smell pork...
Heath
All American
All American

oxpatchreb wrote:

I think Bianco is looking at my cousin, who is playing TeeBall right now. He should be in the class of 2022, if that helps. :lol:
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Golson has reportedly said no to the first BoSox offer, citing a desire to play football; he claims it was for a million-plus; Hopefully Boston signs all the guys they took ahead of him so as not to free up any extra cash.

Link
Heath
All American
All American

john_avery_fast wrote:Golson has reportedly said no to the first BoSox offer, citing a desire to play football; he claims it was for a million-plus; Hopefully Boston signs all the guys they took ahead of him so as not to free up any extra cash.

Link
A million+. DAAAAAMN, he must REALLY love football! 8O
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

john_avery_fast wrote:Golson has reportedly said no to the first BoSox offer, citing a desire to play football; he claims it was for a million-plus; Hopefully Boston signs all the guys they took ahead of him so as not to free up any extra cash.

Link
is he independently wealthy or just nuts? whatever, hope he sticks and has no regrets