Letter from Chancellor Dan Jones

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Ill cite references for you.[/quote]
Yo, Bovina....you owe me a homework assignment don't you? Almost 24 hours and STILL nothing?

But you were SO sure...[/quote]

Bovinnnaaaa, My heartttttsss on fireeeeee for Bovinnnaaaaa, giddy up Oom Poppa, Oom Poppa, Mow Mow....

Just a little song to pass the time..
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Got one too
BovinaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I aint forgot brother.
------------------

BovinaREB wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote:This campaign is being run by non OM people who have their own agenda and do not care about UM. I think the only way to effectively defuse the situation is for the OM family to unite in a resounding denouement of this campaign. Families can be very harsh on their family members, but God help the outsider who tries the same tactic. However it may be too late.
The campaign to remove all things ole miss was also run and pushed by non om people. Hes mad about all this and so were we last year. I didnt read all his bs.
Aight, Bovina...judging from the PM you sent me (can't say I really understand why you sent me a PM about an issue addressed in a public forum) you finally dug up what you consider to be "proof" to somehow "prove" your presupposition that "The campaign to remove all things ole miss was also run and pushed by non om people." But let me forewarn you: you better bring me FACTS...and FACTS from a LEGITIMATE source. DO NOT insult my intelligence and the intelligence of everyone here by expecting me to accept opinion, commentary, rumor, or innuendo.

You've had over FIVE DAYS...this better be good.

Edited to add:

In your PM you asked me if I wanted it "doubled space or single". NEITHER...just post a link.

If you do actually have one to post. If not... :oops:
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Sasquatch wrote:Yes, I am a supporter of Dr. Jones...mainly because he's given me no legitimate reason NOT to support him. I do agree that he does have a certain degree of accountability in regards to athletics, but since he's the Chancellor of a University whose primary purpose is academics, I don't think failures or incompetence (be they real or perceived) in that area are enough for us to call for his resignation.
Here is just one example of why I posted that you are a Dan Jones supporter. Ban me if I'm wrong for saying that. In light of this post, I think you owe me an apology.
------------------

proud2breb wrote:
Sasquatch wrote:Yes, I am a supporter of Dr. Jones...mainly because he's given me no legitimate reason NOT to support him. I do agree that he does have a certain degree of accountability in regards to athletics, but since he's the Chancellor of a University whose primary purpose is academics, I don't think failures or incompetence (be they real or perceived) in that area are enough for us to call for his resignation.
Here is just one example of why I posted that you are a Dan Jones supporter. Ban me if I'm wrong for saying that. In light of this post, I think you owe me an apology.
...and that ice you've been skating on for almost a year just keeps getting thinner.
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

seriously quit while youre ahead. don't fight the moderators.
We Are Ole Miss
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

mpzreb17 wrote:seriously quit while youre ahead. don't fight the moderators.
I'm not fighting anyone. I'm sorry, but I'm missing the "fighting words" in my posts. Now calling someone's comments "idiocy" I would consider antagonizing, provoking, or picking a fight. But apparently it's ok for the moderator.

I would like to know in RBush's opinion whether Moderator's are not called to the same standards in here?

Me simply making a harmless joke about a moderator defending Jones and I'm called names and threatened
I won't justify such obvious idiocy with a response. But please do know that your a$$ has been on borrowed time here for quite a while now.
I prove that my comment was not based on "idiocy" but on fact and I'm perceived as picking the fight? I don't want to fight any Rebel fan. But are my opinions less worthy?

I want to know what I've done wrong, besides disagree with a moderator. He's entitled to his opinion of Jones and I'm entitled to mine, but we don't need to be ashamed of our opinions. I hope I've never called a fellow rebel's comments "idiocy" even if I thought they were.
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

proud2breb wrote:
mpzreb17 wrote:seriously quit while youre ahead. don't fight the moderators.
I'm not fighting anyone. I'm sorry, but I'm missing the "fighting words" in my posts. Now calling someone's comments "idiocy" I would consider antagonizing, provoking, or picking a fight. But apparently it's ok for the moderator.

I would like to know in RBush's opinion whether Moderator's are not called to the same standards in here?

Me simply making a harmless joke about a moderator defending Jones and I'm called names and threatened
I won't justify such obvious idiocy with a response. But please do know that your a$$ has been on borrowed time here for quite a while now.
I prove that my comment was not based on "idiocy" but on fact and I'm perceived as picking the fight? I don't want to fight any Rebel fan. But are my opinions less worthy?

I want to know what I've done wrong, besides disagree with a moderator. He's entitled to his opinion of Jones and I'm entitled to mine, but we don't need to be ashamed of our opinions. I hope I've never called a fellow rebel's comments "idiocy" even if I thought they were.
Just keep on diggin' that ditch, Bart.
We Are Ole Miss
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Can you explain how I'm "digging a ditch"?

The only "ditches" I'm trying to dig are Dan Jones' and Pete Boone's graves. Figuratively speaking....of course!

All I ask of anyone is that they read all my post and the threats against me, and see who is being fair. I haven't called anyone an "idiot" or questioned anyone's loyalty. According to the board etiquette that's not allowed, but I'm not sure everyone on rebel faithful got the memo.

I just want a fair board where you are not threatened with being banned or being "on thin ice" for rationalizing a statement that is proclaimed as "idiocy" by a moderator....or anyone. If you make a point to challenge someone's post, you shouldn't be surprised when they come back to defend what they originally said, right? I expect it! And I don't get my undies in a wad when it happens. Maybe I'm wrong, but as long as we're following the rules we shouldn't be threatened with being banned. And if Ive broken any rules, let me know and it won't happen again.

Don't tell me I'm on thin ice, tell me why I'm on thin ice... So I actually know what needs to change. If you think it's obvious, it's not! I've read the rules, and I only found 1 set that apparently applies to all of us.

It seems like if you don't see eye to eye with one particular moderator, he looks for something to challenge you on. Most of the moderators here not singled my posts out for scrutiny. One does.

When someone questions your post you naturally respond. Is that digging a ditch?