Check this out guys

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I just found this fact out from Espn.................we are playing over 25 freshmen and sophmores on our team this year (all of those are actively getting game time), that means we are number one in the sec as far as playing the youngest players on the field. So maybe now we look at this different because no one on this board can dispute that once our awesome freshmen like brassel and moncrief and everyone else mature.....they will lead us to some big wins. The question is do we risk losing some of those guys if we can nutt? These guys will lead us to wins in the future no matter who the coach is.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

The only way we look at this is that Nutt doesn't have us prepared to play week in/week out. The same goes for last year, if you/he want to use that excuse, its only good for one year, and definitely not back to back seasons. Nutt is simply mediocre, always has been, always will be. If people want what we have now with a 8-9 win season thrown in here and there, then keep him. If not, he needs to go.
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

It's a hard thing to pick sides here... We have good freshmen... What happened to all the recruits from the last 2 years? We always seem to play freshman... Do they get worse over time?... I'm confused
kjreb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

that dont mean jack since we cant get a d@mn qb that can throw the ball
heard state's changing field to turf next year. cheerleaders kept eating the grass
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I agree.......D@MN we need to be recruiting hard on the qbs! We seriously need to throw all our eggs into some of the top qbs and hope and pray one of them has us on his mind.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:I just found this fact out from Espn.................we are playing over 25 freshmen and sophmores on our team this year (all of those are actively getting game time), that means we are number one in the sec as far as playing the youngest players on the field. So maybe now we look at this different because no one on this board can dispute that once our awesome freshmen like brassel and moncrief and everyone else mature.....they will lead us to some big wins. The question is do we risk losing some of those guys if we can nutt? These guys will lead us to wins in the future no matter who the coach is.
IMO Their talents will deteriorate or be underutilized under current regime.
carl winslow
3rd String
3rd String

We wouldn't have to play freshmen and sophmores if he would have done his job the first two years.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

carl winslow wrote:We wouldn't have to play freshmen and sophmores if he would have done his job the first two years.
What he said.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

carl winslow wrote:We wouldn't have to play freshmen and sophmores if he would have done his job the first two years.
Not true at all. Last year and this year our Juniors and Seniors are made up of O's last class and Nutt's first one. Those classes were not very good. The talent Nutt brought in with his first full class had 38 signees, but many of them have been thrown off the team or quit. I'm just saying, if he keeps recruiting the way he has these last two years, and Brassel and the guys are seniors with kids has good as them are freshmen and sophomores, we won't experience 4 win seasons.

That being said, I wouldn't mind firing Nutt. But ONLY if we replace him with a coach that has WON BIG somewhere else. No Kirby Smart. No Gus Malzahn. I know we don't want retreads, but I'd rather have Richt or Tressel than a coordinator who does not know how to run a program.

I just don't want us firing Nutt and then being turned down by coach after coach until we are forced to hire the cornerback coach from Jackson State because he is the only one to take the job.

We know Nutt will have a winning season again so why get rid of that for someone we don't know can win?

Does that make any sense at all?
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Chucky_38 wrote:
Not true at all. Last year and this year our Juniors and Seniors are made up of O's last class and Nutt's first one. Those classes were not very good. The talent Nutt brought in with his first full class had 38 signees, but many of them have been thrown off the team or quit. I'm just saying, if he keeps recruiting the way he has these last two years, and Brassel and the guys are seniors with kids has good as them are freshmen and sophomores, we won't experience 4 win seasons.

That being said, I wouldn't mind firing Nutt. But ONLY if we replace him with a coach that has WON BIG somewhere else. No Kirby Smart. No Gus Malzahn. I know we don't want retreads, but I'd rather have Richt or Tressel than a coordinator who does not know how to run a program.

I just don't want us firing Nutt and then being turned down by coach after coach until we are forced to hire the cornerback coach from Jackson State because he is the only one to take the job.

We know Nutt will have a winning season again so why get rid of that for someone we don't know can win?

No, it doesn't make sense to me. "We know Nutt will have a winning season"....Not really, he's 2-2 at Ole Miss(yes, this will obviously be another loser).....That last question blows my mind to no end. When will we win again???? It won't be next year either. Theres so much I want to say about that, but don't know how, WOW. I have a question......When Nutt is gone and we have ZERO SEC championships/appearances, and he has a winning season every now and then, will you be happy? I sure won't.

It has been said time and time again. Coach O could recruit. Nutt inherited a good group of players, theres no question about it. Yet, he didn't back up the following season/seasons with good recruits and we are paying for it now. Yes, I think he did a good job this past year, but even a good recruiting class every now and then will not produce winning teams.
carl winslow
3rd String
3rd String

Chucky_38 wrote:

It does, but why did they quit or get thrown off the team? Did he recruit the wrong players? I don't agree with getting rid of Nutt to settle with someone.

I don't know if we can get that coach, and I definitely don't think the coach that has a winning record leaves for Ole Miss with what the Forward Rebels are doing in the papers. I hate saying it, but I predicted it last year the Rich Rod would end up here... I know you hate that thought, but I still think it could happen. At this point Nutt stays unless he loses to State.

But I am with you on no Gus or Kirby. Nutt will win again according to the law of odds, but you have to agree there has been some bad decisions regarding the coaches around him (Lee and Nix)... I know Nix has stepped it up this year, but we haven't played Bama, Ark, etc this year yet. He somehow pulls a miracle against Bama, and everyone jumps back on the wagon.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

carl winslow wrote:
Chucky_38 wrote:

It does, but why did they quit or get thrown off the team? Did he recruit the wrong players? I don't agree with getting rid of Nutt to settle with someone.

I don't know if we can get that coach, and I definitely don't think the coach that has a winning record leaves for Ole Miss with what the Forward Rebels are doing in the papers. I hate saying it, but I predicted it last year the Rich Rod would end up here... I know you hate that thought, but I still think it could happen. At this point Nutt stays unless he loses to State.

But I am with you on no Gus or Kirby. Nutt will win again according to the law of odds, but you have to agree there has been some bad decisions regarding the coaches around him (Lee and Nix)... I know Nix has stepped it up this year, but we haven't played Bama, Ark, etc this year yet. He somehow pulls a miracle against Bama, and everyone jumps back on the wagon.
If Nutt pulls off Bama, I will be driving the wagon, then again.....probably not, I would probably label that a retard mistake. :evil:
Chucky_38
All American
All American

WildRebel wrote:
Chucky_38 wrote:

No, it doesn't make sense to me. "We know Nutt will have a winning season"....Not really, he's 2-2 at Ole Miss(yes, this will obviously be another loser).....That last question blows my mind to no end. When will we win again???? It won't be next year either. Theres so much I want to say about that, but don't know how, WOW. I have a question......When Nutt is gone and we have ZERO SEC championships/appearances, and he has a winning season every now and then, will you be happy? I sure won't.

It has been said time and time again. Coach O could recruit. Nutt inherited a good group of players, theres no question about it. Yet, he didn't back up the following season/seasons with good recruits and we are paying for it now. Yes, I think he did a good job this past year, but even a good recruiting class every now and then will not produce winning teams.
Will I be happy if Nutt leaves and we didn't win or appear in Atlanta under him? I'll be indifferent, because that is an unrealistic expectation for our program. It can't be achieved by any coach. When will Nutt win again? I don't know. But I'm sure he will at some point. I'm just not sure we can do any better than Nutt. Maybe the game has just passed him by, I hope thats it. But what if he won more at Arky because its harder to win at Ole Miss? I think that may very well be the case.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

[quote][/quote]But what if he won more at Arky because its harder to win at Ole Miss? I think that may very well be the case.

HUH?
scott
john_avery_fast
All SEC
All SEC

Rebchuck18 wrote:
jrebel87 wrote:I just found this fact out from Espn.................we are playing over 25 freshmen and sophmores on our team this year (all of those are actively getting game time), that means we are number one in the sec as far as playing the youngest players on the field. So maybe now we look at this different because no one on this board can dispute that once our awesome freshmen like brassel and moncrief and everyone else mature.....they will lead us to some big wins. The question is do we risk losing some of those guys if we can nutt? These guys will lead us to wins in the future no matter who the coach is.
IMO Their talents will deteriorate or be underutilized under current regime.
THIS. Nothing personal against Nutt, and for the sake of my love for Ole Miss, I hope he is able to scrape out 4 more wins, with one of those against State to keep them out of a bowl, but I am afraid he and most of his staff (I am giving Burns and Brewer passes as I have seem improvement from their respective positions of responsibility) have lost any 'touch' they may have once had; once that is gone, it is hard to get back, especially in this league. If what I believe is true, then keeping him may end up being more detrimental in the long run.
Formerly known as 'olemsdave76'