Now that it has happened let the lists begin...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

GS1953
Scout Team
Scout Team

I pressed the like button twice.....HottyToddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

What, they aren't going to poll the rebelfaithful to pick the new head coach??
IMAREBL
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

CMB wrote:Did I miss something about Archie and the coaching search? just checking...

I have heard reports that Boone is out as well but have not seen anything about it in any boards.....
Archie and Mike Glenn will supposedly lead the "National" search for HC and AD along with an outside group.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

IMAREBL wrote:
CMB wrote:Did I miss something about Archie and the coaching search? just checking...

I have heard reports that Boone is out as well but have not seen anything about it in any boards.....
Archie and Mike Glenn will supposedly lead the "National" search for HC and AD along with an outside group.
Well, I never.... If I don't get a say, I'm not sending in my $3.50 this year...
IMAREBL
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

JustBlues wrote:
IMAREBL wrote:

Well, I never.... If I don't get a say, I'm not sending in my $3.50 this year...
I don't want to unfairly prejudice you or anything, but they didn't even call me when I cancelled my annual $1.25 checks after the '09 loss to state.
CMB
2nd String
2nd String

IMAREBL wrote:

I finally read something about it on rivals (on the free one) - just was wondering where that came from when I saw it on here ha ---- thanks for the clarification
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

The rumored front runner for the AD job:

http://olemissalumni.com/news/default.aspx?page_id=516
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Rebchuck18 wrote:How about Smart as HC, Austin as OC/Asst.Head Coach, Burns as DC/DB Coach, since Smart would be the real DC anyway.
I like that comob. If it's likely going to be an assistant with no HC experience, I think Smart is the one for the job.
Rule #1.......Don't panik
Goroth

Think we can pull Bobby Petrino away from arkansas too??? (joking)
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Goroth wrote:Think we can pull Bobby Petrino away from arkansas too??? (joking)
I hope not. I can't stand him.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Of the candidates mentioned, I will go on record as saying that I will be very dismayed if Malzahn or Leach is hired, especially Malzahn. However, I will support whoever the new coach is 100% even if I do not believe he will be successful. It was that way with Orgeron. I wasn't thrilled about Nutt's hire but not extremly dismayed either. At any rate, whoever is hired is our coach. With that, I do not believe that any coach should be fired without AT LEAST three years to prove himself nor do I believe that any coach should get an extension without at least three years to prove himself. We gave Nutt an extension too soon and we will pay dearly for that mistake.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

There is no excuse for hiring someone who is not a proven head coach. No coordinators. Sumlin has a great offensive mind and has been on the staff at Oklahoma before winning big at Houston. No reason to hire Austin, Smart or anyone else who has not been a head coach and won in Division 1. However, why not ask Gary Patterson if he wants to remain in a league that may implode soon? I see Texas taking off by itself as a public school Notre Dame eventually. Also, why not ask Peterson at Boise State if he likes going 12-0 and not being invited to the NC Title game?

Hire a proven HC. No more coordinators or fired coaches. No more sentimental favorites like Brewer and Austin. We have the facilities. Now we need the proven winners as our head coaches.

We also need to get rid of Bianco and go after Dan MacDonnell or Corbin at Vandy.
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

Titles 'R Us wrote:There is no excuse for hiring someone who is not a proven head coach. No coordinators. Sumlin has a great offensive mind and has been on the staff at Oklahoma before winning big at Houston. No reason to hire Austin, Smart or anyone else who has not been a head coach and won in Division 1. However, why not ask Gary Patterson if he wants to remain in a league that may implode soon? I see Texas taking off by itself as a public school Notre Dame eventually. Also, why not ask Peterson at Boise State if he likes going 12-0 and not being invited to the NC Title game?

Hire a proven HC. No more coordinators or fired coaches. No more sentimental favorites like Brewer and Austin. We have the facilities. Now we need the proven winners as our head coaches.

We also need to get rid of Bianco and go after Dan MacDonnell or Corbin at Vandy.

^^^^^This.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
metalinc
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

JustBlues wrote:Of the candidates mentioned, I will go on record as saying that I will be very dismayed if Malzahn or Leach is hired, especially Malzahn. However, I will support whoever the new coach is 100% even if I do not believe he will be successful. It was that way with Orgeron. I wasn't thrilled about Nutt's hire but not extremly dismayed either. At any rate, whoever is hired is our coach. With that, I do not believe that any coach should be fired without AT LEAST three years to prove himself nor do I believe that any coach should get an extension without at least three years to prove himself. We gave Nutt an extension too soon and we will pay dearly for that mistake.

Agree!!!
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

CMB: OM Presser named Archie as head of search committee. For all intents just refer to him as interim AD.
We Are Ole Miss