Hudspeth and flight tracker per Hugh

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:Couldn't care less about MSU and believe their current coaching staff will not succeed on a broad scale... and accordingly don't want one of the recent position coaches from that staff as our head coach.
HUD hates Mullen and left that staff because he wasn't given the job that was promised originally. He had interviewed for the head job.......
Just saying that we're not dealing with just some assistant coach here.........
theghostofcolonelreb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Rebchuck18 wrote: But most importantly I do not see from his experience as a position coach in the sec or as OC fir an 0-10 Navy team that averaged 18 points against the likes of rice Tulane and Toledo are indications that he can succeed in the SEC west. Maybe I am stupid I just don't get the fascination with this Guy.
I agree I don't see it either..... or get the fascination. But where our next coach comes from, matters not to me. It's all about where he's going, and going to take us, even if that's just leaving us better off than we are now in a few years. That's a real possibility with some of the names out there.

In that regard, it's hard to argue that either Hudspeth or Freeze is not on the up. Their stock is rising and both should probably be moving to better paying mid-tier BCS jobs soon, ala USM/Conference-USA type jobs. Although I'm not sure either of the aforementioned guys "up" should be jumping to the SECW just yet. Just haven't shown enough over time, yet. Fedora, on the other hand, seems to be in maintenance mode more than moving up or down. USM had these same results, more or less, for years with Bower. Almost always, 7 wins or better with the occasional run at 9-10 and the conference championship.

As to who is on the up and up enough for us, it would seem that Sumlin, Strong, Smart, Malzahn, etc. are ready for the chance to run an SECW type program and prove whether they can be "the" guy.
The only two things in life that make it worth livin'...
Are guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

As to who is on the up and up enough for us, it would seem that Sumlin, Strong, Smart, Malzahn, etc. are ready for the chance to run an SECW type program and prove whether they can be "the" guy.
Sumlin and Strong - both ok prefer Strong
I don't want Malzahn on a bet and Saban's "coaching tree" has put out several new seedlings, but not many have flowered, which reminds me of a certain NFL dude in NE whose little clones are also numerous and mostly neutered.

What I want is "WOW-!!" sigh, no cake for Santa, I guess.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bleuwolfe wrote: What I want is "WOW-!!"
Well Bleu you may have to settle for a less appetizing Palindrome..................."HUH-??" 8)
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
Well Bleu you may have to settle for a less appetizing Palindrome..................."HUH-??" 8)
sounds too painful....
theghostofcolonelreb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Whomever it is...... Wow or Huh????? I'm excited again, for the first time in a long time. Even the Cotton Bowls were letdowns to me, as those teams just underperformed. I'm getting season tickets again next for the first time since '08 and I'll get to see Texas at Vaught-Hemingway be with good friends and have hope that things will get better. I'm just ready to know who it is!!!!!
The only two things in life that make it worth livin'...
Are guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

the problem that I see with a Sabanite is that he may come in here trying to play Saban ball and he won't have the athletes to do it and in turn fall flat on his face. So we need a guy that can turn chicksht into chicken salad.

And now that I've said that; Leach looks pretty good...
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
fenderman
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Oxford is a much better place than than most of the SEC towns. If we pay the $$$ any coach in the country would be more than willing to come here and prove they can cut it in the big time SEC, the elite. Any great college coach knows that to be the best, you have to compete with the best. Think about it. Would you rather be the number 2 or 3 coach in the NFL or #1 in the Canadian League?
BovinaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Yall need to take the blinders off. State owns us right now and its not a good feeling. Im not sayin for the new coach to act like mullen but he sure as hell better get our boys to care. If yall are sayin that you dont care what state fans are saying about us or it doesnt matter if we are a laughingstock to them, then you are just lyin or somethin. I ve had enough of little brother beating us. It bothers the hell out of me.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BovinaREB wrote:Yall need to take the blinders off. State owns us right now and its not a good feeling. Im not sayin for the new coach to act like mullen but he sure as hell better get our boys to care. If yall are sayin that you dont care what state fans are saying about us or it doesnt matter if we are a laughingstock to them, then you are just lyin or somethin. I ve had enough of little brother beating us. It bothers the hell out of me.
It bothers me much worse that we have lost to LA Tech and Jacksonville State and 12 other SEC teams in the last 14 conference games. We take care of those issues and beating State will take care of itself almost as an after thought because they aren't that good, and won't be with a single minded, or at best narrow minded, philosophy.
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

Bovina I don't think you were going to argue this one but in case you were, Chuck's overall big picture philosophy is right. We can't lower ourselves to TSDT's level (that school down there acronym's gonna have to go too on my end) by only planning to win the one game a year. Win 9 of the others and the 10th wins itself.
We Are Ole Miss
BovinaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Of course i dont want to go 1-11, but this has to stop.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BovinaREB wrote:Of course i dont want to go 1-11, but this has to stop.
I'm with you.. I understand what some of the other guys are saying but we have to be able to beat state before we talk about going to sit at the big kids table. If we focus on getting better as a whole of course we will be able to beat state, but some of us have gotten so d*** cavalier in how we regard the Egg bowl and stank.. They swept us in every major sport last year and could very well get us in at least 2 out of 3 this year. If we continue to look past them like we are elite and they are runts, they will continue to smash us. I suffered through the game in Starkganistan and the fans did not even talk the trash that I am accutomed to. Nobody really heckled me or yelled things. Why? Because we are that d*** terrible.. We are currently stank of 2003..Everybody talks about going 1-11 and focussing to beat state.. Of course we don't need to make that one game a national championship but how the heck will we ever reach our big picture goals if we get beaten by state 4 or 5 years in a row? That's crazy talk.. Stop kidding yourselves people, just because we say it out loud or type it doesnt make it true.
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

Rebchuck18 wrote:
ROTFLMAO!!!!!! :lol:
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
AtlantaRebels wrote:I think he won a game or two... Looks to me everyone thinks ole miss is the Mecca of the sec when it is actually just a Mississippi college town. Unless you have family ties, alum, or Archie caught you with someones wife your not likely to want to come here. Only reason others would want to come here other than previously listed is $$$ or the random chance that some old proven NFL or college legend lives near by and feels bad for us and wants
One last challenge.

We should probably do what south Carolina did and get something of great value (masters membership) and offer it to a big name coach. Any ideas?
I think that might be overstating it a bit....I mean Ole Miss and Oxford are beautiful and offer much to families. Even MSU got an OC from a big time program. Have you ever been to Starkville? 8O

starkghanistan is more descriptive