Hudspeth and flight tracker per Hugh

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

Chucky_38
All American
All American

MageeRebel425 wrote:
BovinaREB wrote:Of course i dont want to go 1-11, but this has to stop.
I'm with you.. I understand what some of the other guys are saying but we have to be able to beat state before we talk about going to sit at the big kids table. If we focus on getting better as a whole of course we will be able to beat state, but some of us have gotten so d*** cavalier in how we regard the Egg bowl and stank.. They swept us in every major sport last year and could very well get us in at least 2 out of 3 this year. If we continue to look past them like we are elite and they are runts, they will continue to smash us. I suffered through the game in Starkganistan and the fans did not even talk the trash that I am accutomed to. Nobody really heckled me or yelled things. Why? Because we are that d*** terrible.. We are currently stank of 2003..Everybody talks about going 1-11 and focussing to beat state.. Of course we don't need to make that one game a national championship but how the heck will we ever reach our big picture goals if we get beaten by state 4 or 5 years in a row? That's crazy talk.. Stop kidding yourselves people, just because we say it out loud or type it doesnt make it true.
Thank you! Its time to realize we are not the dominant power in the state anymore. MS State is in complete control of Mississippi now. We don't need to make them our only focus, but even John Vaught said the State game was the most important game on the schedule every single year. Not LSU or Bama, but State. Look up his record against State and that should tell you how making them a prority works for us when we are well coached.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

State won 2 conference games that is not dominant. Southern miss is more dominant than that. You make winning a priority not one team...unless 6-6 and 2-6 in the SEC is defined as success because you beat one specific team. That is why Mullen will not he ultimately successful......narrow focus.
theghostofcolonelreb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Rebchuck18 wrote:State won 2 conference games that is not dominant. Southern miss is more dominant than that. You make winning a priority not one team...unless 6-6 and 2-6 in the SEC is defined as success because you beat one specific team. That is why Mullen will not he ultimately successful......narrow focus.
Amen. The end.
The only two things in life that make it worth livin'...
Are guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:State won 2 conference games that is not dominant. Southern miss is more dominant than that. You make winning a priority not one team...unless 6-6 and 2-6 in the SEC is defined as success because you beat one specific team. That is why Mullen will not he ultimately successful......narrow focus.

Mullens is just taking what Jackie taught him to do. Beat Ole Miss and its job security. Talk stupid about Ole Miss and the fans pay in more money. Mullens is focused on Mullens. If it is good for him then that is what he does. The msu fans have the narrow focus. They don't understand how to be a winner. Not that we have proven we can win lately but at least we can recognize it. They don't understand rivarlries either. Just yesterday a radio host went off on Ole Miss fans thinking Lsu was their rival and not msu. Called us stupid and ignorant. A rival builds over many years, ok msu has that. A rival builds from fan bases that not only get after each other but respect each other, msu does not have that. A rival builds when national attention is caught when they play, not much with Lsu lately but has happened in the last 10 years and happened many times in history but never with msu. Yes msu is a natural rival due to geography but that isn't enough to make it THE rival. If msu wants it to become THE rival then both msu and Ole Miss have to step up to the plate to make the game mean "who goes to atlanta". Until then it is nothing more than an in state *beep* slap. Until then Lsu is my love hate relationship. I want to beat them more than any other team. I want them to be good when we play them. I love the game so much that if it were taken off the schedule I may get to where I don't care so much about football. If you are msu reading this reread those last three sentences and understand what you have to become to be the rival.
olemissrebels236
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

bbqit wrote:Mullens is just taking what Jackie taught him to do. Beat Ole Miss and its job security. Talk stupid about Ole Miss and the fans pay in more money. Mullens is focused on Mullens. If it is good for him then that is what he does. The msu fans have the narrow focus. They don't understand how to be a winner. Not that we have proven we can win lately but at least we can recognize it. They don't understand rivarlries either. Just yesterday a radio host went off on Ole Miss fans thinking Lsu was their rival and not msu. Called us stupid and ignorant. A rival builds over many years, ok msu has that. A rival builds from fan bases that not only get after each other but respect each other, msu does not have that. A rival builds when national attention is caught when they play, not much with Lsu lately but has happened in the last 10 years and happened many times in history but never with msu. Yes msu is a natural rival due to geography but that isn't enough to make it THE rival. If msu wants it to become THE rival then both msu and Ole Miss have to step up to the plate to make the game mean "who goes to atlanta". Until then it is nothing more than an in state *beep* slap. Until then Lsu is my love hate relationship. I want to beat them more than any other team. I want them to be good when we play them. I love the game so much that if it were taken off the schedule I may get to where I don't care so much about football. If you are msu reading this reread those last three sentences and understand what you have to become to be the rival.
Excellent point......I'm pretty sure that in my 5 years on campus that after the National Anthem played at any sporting event I never heard......."Go to He!! MSU (or State)!.......too bad this commentary can't be printed as an ad in the MSU on-campus and Starkville newspapers.......but they will never realize that there is not much to the love affair on this side...
theghostofcolonelreb
Scout Team
Scout Team

Looks to be non-issue now.....

http://www.katc.com/news/report-hudspet ... ideration/

After interviewing with the Ole Miss search committee, UL Head Coach Mark Hudspeth has pulled his name from consideration for the job according to David Johnson of rebsportsradio.com. Hudspeth alluded to Johnson that the committee, spearheaded by former Ole Miss quarterback Archie Manning, led Hudspeth to believe that Hudspeth's ties to Mississippi State were an issue. Hudspeth served as MSU's passing game coordinator the last two years.
The only two things in life that make it worth livin'...
Are guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women
BovinaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

Lsu is not our big rival anymore. it is state and has been for a long time. How can yall say that?
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

For me it is and always will be LSU with Arkansas climbing the charts. Truthfully of the teams in the West Auburn and MSU are tied for fourth of the teams I want to beat the most.

Yes, I want to beat MSU but I would much rather beat those other teams.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

BovinaREB wrote:Lsu is not our big rival anymore. it is state and has been for a long time. How can yall say that?

LSU is to us the way we are to state.. @Chuck if State is 4th on your list, where are we on LSU's? People don't want to hear that but that is the state of the program right now... Maybe State is like an annoying little fly buzzing around our heads right now, but instead of just trying to shew it constantly and not paying it any attention lets get the fly swatter and smash the S.O.B. so we can stop hearing that annoying buzzing... Sure we would rather beat more highly touted programs but that's only because they are more highly touted programs, not because of any type of one sided rivalry..
rebelliousb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:For me it is and always will be LSU with Arkansas climbing the charts. Truthfully of the teams in the West Auburn and MSU are tied for fourth of the teams I want to beat the most.

Respectfully, there is "wanting to beat" and "not wanting to (or ashamed of) losing to"

I want to beat Bama LSU Auburn.

I don't want to lose to LSU, State.

Beating Bama then losing to either of those makes me wanta puke.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:
BovinaREB wrote:Lsu is not our big rival anymore. it is state and has been for a long time. How can yall say that?

LSU is to us the way we are to state.. @Chuck if State is 4th on your list, where are we on LSU's? People don't want to hear that but that is the state of the program right now... Maybe State is like an annoying little fly buzzing around our heads right now, but instead of just trying to shew it constantly and not paying it any attention lets get the fly swatter and smash the S.O.B. so we can stop hearing that annoying buzzing... Sure we would rather beat more highly touted programs but that's only because they are more highly touted programs, not because of any type of one sided rivalry..

I get all of that, but the way you do that is to make your team as strong as possible and then as a by product beat State...not to place the vast majority of your focus on beating State, as Mullen has done with us... Mullen's team went backwards this year and the State fans don't care because they still beat us. I don't ever want that to be us.

Now I will also give you that living in Austin changes my perspective somewhat. If we lose to State I don't hear anything about it from anyone out here because State is on nobody's radar out here. You will from time to time hear discussion about Ole Miss out here, but never about State.

But when we get whooped by Bama or LSU I do hear about it. But this week I have had a half dozen people ask me about our coaching search...not one comment about us losing to State.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelliousb wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:For me it is and always will be LSU with Arkansas climbing the charts. Truthfully of the teams in the West Auburn and MSU are tied for fourth of the teams I want to beat the most.

Respectfully, there is "wanting to beat" and "not wanting to (or ashamed of) losing to"

I want to beat Bama LSU Auburn.

I don't want to lose to LSU, State.

Beating Bama then losing to either of those makes me wanta puke.
Bingo!
Randy
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Let me put it this way. If the SEC were realigned tomorrow and they said that we would not play State every year, it wouldn't bother me at all. If they said we wouldn't play LSU every year I would be devastated.

If they told State they would no longer be playing us, hell their reason for existence would cease to be!
olemissrebels236
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

I know it is becoming at trend here that kids of MSU alumni are venturing off to LSU for their college days.....so one more reason (at least for me) to hate LSU even more. MSU fans are just annoying because they're stuck on us.....LSU fans are just obnoxious (even the ones that come out of the woodwork but could not find Baton Rouge with a Garmin and full tank of gas) and think they're all God's gift to this green earth.......probably why you still hear and see Gueax to He!! LSU everywhere on and off campus..........wait I just threw up in my mouth thinking about LSU....
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

Look..for 50 years, State was written off by us as a win. They have only been competitive since the 80s. I couldn't care less about Starkville, their cow bells, their stupid hail state twitter end zone, or any of that. My rival is LSU. I yell go to hell LSU during the national anthem even at a high school football game in north las vegas, not to hell with state. I hate LSU so much I disrespect our country to show it. You tell me State's our rival.

Theres one game I want to suite up for every year and be there with the team to lose our guts or gain our glory. It aint the state game.

Theres one type of person I consider a scumsucking leech who deserves nothing in life but to be on swamp people, and it's not my fellow Mississippian.
We Are Ole Miss