Ha ha, Fedora has my vote for this

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

It looks like if Fedora is hired as our coach, we won't need to worry about him making jabs at Mullet.

http://www.nems360.com/view/full_story/ ... ws_bullets
OMNOB 1A
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Hey, at this point, given the situation we're in, I'll take 'im too.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

OMNOB 1A wrote:Hey, at this point, given the situation we're in, I'll take 'im too.
But you want no part of the coach that will likely beat him this weekend and get a BCS bowl? Interesting.
Chucky_38
All American
All American

I'd LOVE to get Sumlin. He is the best name I've heard since Rich and Leach are gone. I'd want him over Smart for sure.
Foward Rebels! March to Fame!
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Somebody give me a couple of good reasons why we should want Fedora?
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:Somebody give me a couple of good reasons why we should want Fedora?
1) Hugh Freeze
2) Gus Malzahn
8)
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:Somebody give me a couple of good reasons why we should want Fedora?
1) Hugh Freeze
2) Gus Malzahn
8)

Haha u win...
olemissrebels236
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Uuuhhhh....well....uuhhhh.....at minimum he's going to win 10 games....uuhh....wait...thats CUSA.....uuuhhhh because he don't take crap from Mullet Man......well that don't win you games.......sorry Magee, I'm not sure why we would want Fedora either
colreb1974
Scout Team
Scout Team

I think we may be too quick to judge. I am not a huge fan of Fedora but lets take into to consideration how hard it is to recruit to USM. You are recruiting against SEC schools that are very close.(Ole Miss,Moo U,LSU, Alabama to name a few). So you do not get the cream of the crop. Some of us may not like what Nix did as DC here but he was a great player at USM as well as his brother and these two were Bama rejects. So what I am saying USM gets the left overs and they still compete well. I am not saying i want Fedora but what if he was at a school that kids actually wanted to go to and compete in the best conference in the country. Austin Davis would be welcomed almost anywhere as a Qb. I also know that Fedora and Gunter are close friends. Just a few thoughts I have had lately.
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vince Lombardi
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

colreb1974 wrote:I think we may be too quick to judge. I am not a huge fan of Fedora but lets take into to consideration how hard it is to recruit to USM. You are recruiting against SEC schools that are very close.(Ole Miss,Moo U,LSU, Alabama to name a few). So you do not get the cream of the crop. Some of us may not like what Nix did as DC here but he was a great player at USM as well as his brother and these two were Bama rejects. So what I am saying USM gets the left overs and they still compete well. I am not saying i want Fedora but what if he was at a school that kids actually wanted to go to and compete in the best conference in the country. Austin Davis would be welcomed almost anywhere as a Qb. I also know that Fedora and Gunter are close friends. Just a few thoughts I have had lately.

UAB is in Alabama.. They don't exactly get the cream of the crop and he cant beat them. Don't get me wrong I think he is a "solid" coach but I think we are getting a little too excited about what he has done at Southern like it is earth shattering. Heck Bower dominated the conf. Heck, when Bower was there they played one or two automatic loses a year like Bama, Nebraska, or any other big boy that would pay em. Their schedule could be the weakest in FBS this year. They were around a 20 point favorite in both games that they lost...
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:It looks like if Fedora is hired as our coach, we won't need to worry about him making jabs at Mullet.

If this is the basis for hiring our new HC then get the best - me. I'm much better at slinging insults, just ask RebChuck 8) BUT don't even think I'm working for a brim's $$, I'm TopHat all the way - $$$$$.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bleuwolfe wrote:
jrebel87 wrote:It looks like if Fedora is hired as our coach, we won't need to worry about him making jabs at Mullet.

If this is the basis for hiring our new HC then get the best - me. I'm much better at slinging insults, just ask RebChuck 8) BUT don't even think I'm working for a brim's $$, I'm TopHat all the way - $$$$$.
I am teflon........sling away!!!! 8) :P
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
bleuwolfe wrote:

I am teflon........sling away!!!! 8) :P
Charm and wit, a fatal combination! 8)
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bleuwolfe wrote: Charm and wit, a fatal combination! 8)
To paraphrase the great Monty Python.....I ain't dead yet! 8)
Fireman17
Rebel Recruit
Rebel Recruit

Hopfully we get a coach that does all the talking on the field not at the mic like Mullet.. Last thing we need is a coach talking crap and don't show it on the field..