Text wars

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

i was just sayin. that's all. usm can sure make some enemies right now.
OMNOB 1A
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Rebel PT2 wrote:Can someone remind me how Houston looked lastyear after QB was injured? I still have a feeling Sumlin is riding the wave of a successful QB, rather than being the coach, everyone thinks he is. I know Hud is out, but at least we see North Alabama and ULL as two programs, completely changed. He has a body of work, rather than a good year with a good QB. By the way, they were horrible lastyear after the noted qb injury. ????
Reb Chuck, this ^^^ sums it up pretty well for me. I have seen UH play, and never compared them to Rich Rod or Leach. Just said that he ran a version of the spread, and if we were going that direction we should hire someone who has had sustained success.
GS1953
Scout Team
Scout Team

I fear we have waited too long....Too many other job openings at this point.... I predict we will either hire Hugh Freeze or Larry Fedora mainly because most of the bigger name candidates will have other offers before Ole Miss even talks to them....
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

GS1953 wrote:I fear we have waited too long....Too many other job openings at this point.... I predict we will either hire Hugh Freeze or Larry Fedora mainly because most of the bigger name candidates will have other offers before Ole Miss even talks to them....
Na, I don't think so. I truly believe the right people are heading this search and giving their finest effort to land the guy "they" feel is right for the job. The money is there to land the guy we want. Do you honestly believe they are sitting on their hands and just watching others create job openings? They know what they are doing and for all we know, THE guy is already hired....
OMNOB 1A
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

WildRebel wrote:
GS1953 wrote:I fear we have waited too long....Too many other job openings at this point.... I predict we will either hire Hugh Freeze or Larry Fedora mainly because most of the bigger name candidates will have other offers before Ole Miss even talks to them....
Na, I don't think so. I truly believe the right people are heading this search and giving their finest effort to land the guy "they" feel is right for the job. The money is there to land the guy we want. Do you honestly believe they are sitting on their hands and just watching others create job openings? They know what they are doing and for all we know, THE guy is already hired....
I think it's pretty possible that is exactly what has happened. (the hand sitting theory)

Vaught isn't walking through that door, and if he did, in today's SEC he'd be lucky to achieve .500 ball. We have the money, the facilities, the right Conference affiliation, and yet it is the likes of Arizona and Washington St that have made Sports Center.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

OMNOB 1A wrote:
WildRebel wrote:
I think it's pretty possible that is exactly what has happened. (the hand sitting theory)

Vaught isn't walking through that door, and if he did, in today's SEC he'd be lucky to achieve .500 ball. We have the money, the facilities, the right Conference affiliation, and yet it is the likes of Arizona and Washington St that have made Sports Center.
I think they have the guy already. The one they wanted all along, but waiting for the announcement....
theghostofcolonelreb
Scout Team
Scout Team

WildRebel wrote: I think they have the guy already. The one they wanted all along, but waiting for the announcement....
This is what I think is happening as well..... Let's just hope "they" are right and made the "right" choice. I'll get behind whomever they choose, even if it's not to my liking but let's hope they the choice is willing to get to Oxford sooner, rather than later and hit the ground running. We've already lost one recruit today and can't afford many more of those losses at this point.
The only two things in life that make it worth livin'...
Are guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women
carl winslow
3rd String
3rd String

theghostofcolonelreb wrote:
WildRebel wrote: I think they have the guy already. The one they wanted all along, but waiting for the announcement....
This is what I think is happening as well..... Let's just hope "they" are right and made the "right" choice. I'll get behind whomever they choose, even if it's not to my liking but let's hope they the choice is willing to get to Oxford sooner, rather than later and hit the ground running. We've already lost one recruit today and can't afford many more of those losses at this point.
I think we have gotten in enough trouble making rash decisions over a coach...

Let time take it's toll, and it will be fine. I just want a coach by February. Nutt proved last year that verbal's don't really matter.
kjreb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

If they don't announce by next week,i think they already made the hire. And the reason for the wait is that the coach they hired is getting ready for conference championships or national title
heard state's changing field to turf next year. cheerleaders kept eating the grass
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

kjreb wrote:If they don't announce by next week,i think they already made the hire. And the reason for the wait is that the coach they hired is getting ready for conference championships or national title
I agree. They seem to know what they are doing. Although I think that if it is an assistant, they will announce before the post season. If it is a current head coach, they will likely not announce quite yet. There has been talk lately about Dana Holgorsen, who happened to secure a BCS bowl bid last night. I'm not sure how I feel about him. He appears to be a good coach but there really isn't much of a resume to hang hope on.