wikipedia

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

cacreb2000
3rd String
3rd String

Just googled Hugh Freeze to look at his past jobs and Wikipedia lists him as current coach at Ole Miss. It is currently 2:00 am. Monday morning. Sounds like something is now final.
HOTTY TODDY!!!
GO REBELS!!!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

With it being that official, WELCOME ABOARD COACH FREEZE!!!!! We hope your stay is long and full of fun for you, the players and of course us fans. I think we all are ready for some fun on the field again. Yes we fans can act a bit fickle but it's that way at any university now days. So here is a warm Hotty Toddy to ya and we look forward to having you lead these young men on the field.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:With it being that official, WELCOME ABOARD COACH FREEZE!!!!! We hope your stay is long and full of fun for you, the players and of course us fans. I think we all are ready for some fun on the field again. Yes we fans can act a bit fickle but it's that way at any university now days. So here is a warm Hotty Toddy to ya and we look forward to having you lead these young men on the field.
Good Attitude BBQ, refreshing I must say.
Randy
kjreb
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I read his bio yesterday. Dude is a winner. I just hope the same is true for his tenure here. Being the faithful, we should get behind this man with all of our support. At least until he does something stupid. Welcome aboard coach. Now frickin win something!!!!
heard state's changing field to turf next year. cheerleaders kept eating the grass
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I will support him but it is difficult for me to be optimistic about us hiring the least experienced head coach in SEC history as far as I can tell. Very rarely in some walks of life, someone unexpected surprises us and performs well in a position for which they seem ill suited. Hopefully this will be one of those cases. There is absoluely nothing in his resume to suggest that he has any idea what it takes to compete at this level. I suspect that we will see player defections and I don't see how you sell the team to recruits when the coach has this little experience. Not only does he have practically no experience as an assistant, that experience was primarily gained at the feet of Ed Orgeron and with a very uncompetitive team. He has a grand total of one year of applicable experience as a head coach and although it was a relatively successful year, it was at Arkansas State and gained against a slate of teams that included Memphis, Western Kentucky, North Texas and Middle Tennessee. They played one decent team and lost that game. He has practically no experience at all on the defensive side of the ball which is so important to compete in the SEC. Now, some may say that can be overcome by hiring the right coordinator, but how do you know how to rate coordinators with so little experience behind you? I personally like Hugh Freeze but to hire him as a head coach in the SEC at this time is astounding. Who Freeze.... really?
TNRebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

JustBlues wrote:I will support him but it is difficult for me to be optimistic about us hiring the least experienced head coach in SEC history as far as I can tell. Very rarely in some walks of life, someone unexpected surprises us and performs well in a position for which they seem ill suited. Hopefully this will be one of those cases. There is absoluely nothing in his resume to suggest that he has any idea what it takes to compete at this level. I suspect that we will see player defections and I don't see how you sell the team to recruits when the coach has this little experience. Not only does he have practically no experience as an assistant, that experience was primarily gained at the feet of Ed Orgeron and with a very uncompetitive team. He has a grand total of one year of applicable experience as a head coach and although it was a relatively successful year, it was at Arkansas State and gained against a slate of teams that included Memphis, Western Kentucky, North Texas and Middle Tennessee. They played one decent team and lost that game. He has practically no experience at all on the defensive side of the ball which is so important to compete in the SEC. Now, some may say that can be overcome by hiring the right coordinator, but how do you know how to rate coordinators with so little experience behind you? I personally like Hugh Freeze but to hire him as a head coach in the SEC at this time is astounding. Who Freeze.... really?
I can't say I'm excited either but, if he can bring in some good assistants and recruit maybe he can right the ship. I'm being realistic and wonder if he is the best we could get. With all the coaching opening out there for bigger schools that it would be easier to win i don't know that a lot of the bigger names were interested. Ole Miss is probably one of the hardest coaching jobs in the nation and we all need to get behind coach Freeze. I love OM and have been a fan since the 60's. I missed the great teams of the 50 because i was too young, but that was a different time and OM owned the state in recruiting and teams didn't tend to go out of state for players.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

TNRebel wrote:
JustBlues wrote:I will support him but it is difficult for me to be optimistic about us hiring the least experienced head coach in SEC history as far as I can tell. Very rarely in some walks of life, someone unexpected surprises us and performs well in a position for which they seem ill suited. Hopefully this will be one of those cases. There is absoluely nothing in his resume to suggest that he has any idea what it takes to compete at this level. I suspect that we will see player defections and I don't see how you sell the team to recruits when the coach has this little experience. Not only does he have practically no experience as an assistant, that experience was primarily gained at the feet of Ed Orgeron and with a very uncompetitive team. He has a grand total of one year of applicable experience as a head coach and although it was a relatively successful year, it was at Arkansas State and gained against a slate of teams that included Memphis, Western Kentucky, North Texas and Middle Tennessee. They played one decent team and lost that game. He has practically no experience at all on the defensive side of the ball which is so important to compete in the SEC. Now, some may say that can be overcome by hiring the right coordinator, but how do you know how to rate coordinators with so little experience behind you? I personally like Hugh Freeze but to hire him as a head coach in the SEC at this time is astounding. Who Freeze.... really?
I can't say I'm excited either but, if he can bring in some good assistants and recruit maybe he can right the ship. I'm .
That statement is correct and that is where my concern lies. Recruits are going to hesitate coming to a school with such an inexperienced coach and quality assistants are going to be reluctant to come work for him because of his experience.