Interesting article about coaching hire...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

CBTN Conclusion

Hugh Freeze is a solid hire for Ole Miss. As far as upside goes, Hugh Freeze has about as much as any coach in the nation. Leading Arkansas State to a 10-2 record in his first year as head coach has certainly raised some eyebrows in the coaching world. Hugh Freeze doesn’t have a lot of experience as a head coach at the collegiate level, but he does have a knack for winning football games wherever he goes. He is familiar with Ole Miss, its culture, its recruiting base, and its expectations. Freeze has a very tough job ahead of him at Ole Miss, but we believe he just might be the right guy for the job. He wasn’t at the top of our list of recommended candidates for the Rebels, but we included him on their for a reason. Congrats to Ole Miss and their search team for not making a stale hire. The verdict is far from out on Hugh Freeze, but we very much appreciate and applaud the thought process behind the hire.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

the Tebow of coaches?
rebeldevotee
Scout Team
Scout Team

bleuwolfe wrote:the Tebow of coaches?
If so I am one million percent ok with that!
jeffssportsblog.wordpress.com
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Personally, I think Ole Miss has caught lightning in a bottle. Unlike Tubs, however, I believe we can keep him.
rebel556677
Scout Team
Scout Team

The more I see and the more I hear, I am IN!!!
Just another day being better than State.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Titles 'R Us wrote:Personally, I think Ole Miss has caught lightning in a bottle. Unlike Tubs, however, I believe we can keep him.
if so it is just by blind luck. There is nothing in his resume to indicate it. However, if he does succeed and if Dooley doesn't turn things around quickly, I believe that Freeze would go to Tennessee in a heartbeat.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

JustBlues wrote:
Titles 'R Us wrote:Personally, I think Ole Miss has caught lightning in a bottle. Unlike Tubs, however, I believe we can keep him.
if so it is just by blind luck. There is nothing in his resume to indicate it. However, if he does succeed and if Dooley doesn't turn things around quickly, I believe that Freeze would go to Tennessee in a heartbeat.
Why would he go to TN... he is originally from Senatobia.
Later,
Hagar
TNRebel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Hagar wrote:
JustBlues wrote:

one reason $
joe_t25
Scout Team
Scout Team

Most of the guys family live in Independence and are all Ole Miss fans. I dont think he'd ever go to Tennessee. Senatobia is just the closet big town.
Pain Dont HURT!
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hagar wrote:
JustBlues wrote:
It is well known that he is a big Tennessee fan. He pushed Oher hard to go to Tennessee. We finally hired Freeze so that he would stop pushing Oher toward Tennessee. Once he stopped pushing in that direction and Oher was able to make his own decision, he came to Ole Miss. He is from Mississippi, but he went to USM and he is a Tennessee football fan. You'll have to ask him why.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:
Hagar wrote:
JustBlues wrote:]
It is well known that he is a big Tennessee fan. He pushed Oher hard to go to Tennessee. We finally hired Freeze so that he would stop pushing Oher toward Tennessee. Once he stopped pushing in that direction and Oher was able to make his own decision, he came to Ole Miss. He is from Mississippi, but he went to USM and he is a Tennessee football fan. You'll have to ask him why.
by the way, I don't fault him for that at all. After all, I grew up in Alabama, went to college in Alabama (not at a school with a div I football program) and yet I have been and always will be an Ole Miss fan.