Gee Whiz!

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you folks want to gripe, gripe about facilities. Dang, look at the reasons that we can't win, or can't hire the best coach in the nation - facilities.

We need two things to challenge for an NC every year, once we get to that point we are in good shape.

1. The best Facilities in the SEC.
2. One coach, any coach, to prove you can win at Ole Miss.

That is what every other program in the SEC has that we don't.

Thanks,
RushB
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I think we have better facilities (i.e indoor practice facility) then Vandy and State.
Titles 'R Us
All American
All American

Our facilities are not the reason we did not win the last two years. It was strictly due to lack of coaching and the character (or lack thereof) of our head coach. Yes, Nutt took us for a ride.

A good head coach can win anywhere. When Vaught-Hemingway is expanded to over 70,000 by 2015, it will have a capacity over 90% of the pro stadiums in this country and 85% of college stadiums. Furthermore, because all of the expansions have been in the last couple of decades, the structure, itself, will be state-of-the-art. Recruits come to schools usually because they want to play for a winning coach. LSU and Alabama are currently winning not because of their facilities but because of Miles and Saban. LSU and Alabama did not win when they had head coaches like Hallman, Archer, Dinardo, Dubose and Shula. When Miles and Saban move on, LSU and Alabama will have to hire new coaches. If they are not the right hires, the facilities won't make any difference.

If Freeze is the head coach I think he is, we will win. That's it.
RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

I disagree totally with the "facilities don't impact" thing. Tell me what kids does not ooh and ahh at a family vacation in a five star hotel? Tell me what recruit is not going to be impressed and let his decision be affected by top notch facilities. I don't see any football program winning big that does not have awesome facilities - and the ones that are climbing the ladder have done huge upgrades.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5976 ... e-mentions

Facilities = Talent

Nutt won with talent, but when he had none his coaching showed through. IMHO, give Saban our talent and he would have won the same number of games. Give Les Miles our talent, and he might have won two more because he has guts...

Later,
RushB
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

IMHO, give Saban our talent and he would have won the same number of games.
If Nutt is as good as Saban, then we shouldn't have fired him.
Some Random Dude
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

RushB wrote: IMHO, give Saban our talent and he would have won the same number of games. Give Les Miles our talent, and he might have won two more because he has guts...

Later,
RushB
8O
rickochet2
Scout Team
Scout Team

RushB wrote: Nutt won with talent, but when he had none his coaching showed through. IMHO, give Saban our talent and he would have won the same number of games. Give Les Miles our talent, and he might have won two more because he has guts...

Later,
RushB
Rush I am sorry but that is ridiculous.

Saban would not have lost this teams focus & is a much better coach. Saban would have had this team w/ a minimum of 6 wins, possibly 9.

Miles does have guts but has never done anything for me.
I am on the golf course if the Rebels aren't on the field.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

rickochet2 wrote:
RushB wrote: Nutt won with talent, but when he had none his coaching showed through. IMHO, give Saban our talent and he would have won the same number of games. Give Les Miles our talent, and he might have won two more because he has guts...

Later,
RushB

Saban would not have lost this teams focus & is a much better coach. Saban would have had this team w/ a minimum of 6 wins, possibly 9.

for what it is worth... I want to see Les Miles's guts... stretched out!
Later,
Hagar
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hagar wrote:
rickochet2 wrote:

Later,
RushB

Think you'll see grass (or synthetic grass) from at least 6 different venues.....(he digests slowly)...come to think of it if you do a urine test on some of his payers you may find "synthetic grass" as well 8)
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:
rickochet2 wrote:

Later,
RushB

Think you'll see grass (or synthetic grass) from at least 6 different venues.....(he digests slowly)...come to think of it if you do a urine test on some of his payers you may find "synthetic grass" as well 8)[/quote]

Very good. :lol: :lol: :lol: Very.
RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

You'll never convince me of this, there is not that much difference between men. Saban is not a God - look at his record at MSU.

There is no "God/Coach" out there people - they are all men just like you and I. Blood and sinew. Any man can rise up and be great if he chooses to devote himself to it. We treat these dang HCs like Hercules and Perseus - he's a dang man, and at that level he's a glorified mid level manager.

Get a good coach, get good players, get good facilities and win - whoever the heck the coach is is just a PIECE, a PIECE of the puzzle - not the whole danged shootin' match.

Geez - I'll change my opinion when you guys show me that Saban can poop gold.

Later,
RushB

rickochet2 wrote:

Later,
RushB

WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Totally disagree. Sure we're all men. Thats completely irrelevant though. There is a difference in a good coach and a bad coach. You're almost contradicting yourself....
wpdrebel
Scout Team
Scout Team

Riddle me this batman: if saban is just a piece of the puzzle why is he about to got to his third nc game? why havent they (before sabans time) won a nc since 1992? Not trying to be a smart arss, just wondering. Agreed he is no god, demi or otherwise, but the guy can flat out coach and recruit. just an fyi i dont like him as a person and think is a *beep* poor example of what a man should be, and i dont like having to play against his teams every year.
For evil to succeed, let good men do nothing.
RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

He's good, and he has complete control over that program, that's why he has won.

I am not saying that Saban is not a good coach - I am saying that Saban could not have a winning season at, let's say - Memphis. I would bet my last dollar he could not have taken us to a bowl game...

Ok, Memphis - they don't care about Football, they are not in the SEC, don't have good facilities, no money etc. etc. If Saban is so great, let him go there and win - I will then admit he can poop gold.

I am saying that the difference between two men is not that great. Tell me one of you that would have believed me if I had said that Buster Douglas was going to knock out Mike Tyson.

If we are going that way, then Bill Snyder was the greatest coach ever. What he did at Kansas State far outweighs what Saban has done.

And yet - this awesome coach, the person that every sports expert in the US would say orchestrated the biggest turn around EVER - was 1-10 his first year, exactly one win better than his predecessor.

Nope, a TRULY great coach on the college or NFL level is no more than 3-4 wins better than any other good coach. At this level, it's more than just good coaching. I might could buy your argument on the high school level, but it doesn't wash in college or the NFL.

Later,
RushB
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

RushB wrote:I disagree totally with the "facilities don't impact" thing. Tell me what kids does not ooh and ahh at a family vacation in a five star hotel? Tell me what recruit is not going to be impressed and let his decision be affected by top notch facilities. I don't see any football program winning big that does not have awesome facilities - and the ones that are climbing the ladder have done huge upgrades.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5976 ... e-mentions

Facilities = Talent

Nutt won with talent, but when he had none his coaching showed through. IMHO, give Saban our talent and he would have won the same number of games. Give Les Miles our talent, and he might have won two more because he has guts...

Later,
RushB
Sounds like the definition of a good coach. Will beat you with his players then turn around and beat you with your players.
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an
intolerable one." - Thomas Paine