My report from attending the press conference, and apology

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Guys and gals of rebelfaithful, I have come to eat my crow. I admit I wasn't happy about this hire and I voiced that opinion on here many times..............but I was wrong. I was very impressed by what I saw and heard at the presser. First of all, Freeze's love for our university was apparent from the start. Second of all, he said that he will demand that our players have accountability and that if one person from one position group (such as rbs) messes up, they all get punished. Third of all, he said our offense will be a no huddle wide open offense that is going to try to get over 90 snaps a game. He said our defense is going to be a monster that is dying to hit somebody. Here is another good point that Mike Glen from Fedex brought up at the presser: he said that the search firm they used talked to Freeze and then called him and said (and I quote) " Archie and Mike, I have to tell you something. I have placed over 60 coaches in division one jobs over the years so I have a good idea of who the have and have nots are. This guy, Hugh Freeze, is a have. Ya'll have hired yourself a gem of a coach! Rebfaithful....................as bad as it pains me to say it..........I could hear success in this guys voice and I could see it in his eyes. We made the right choice. Now let the bad mouthing begin..............
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Might want to take a couple of stars out of your eyes, b4 you have an accident. :lol:

But I do hope he gets his monster and that he brings in a VERY GOOD S&C coach, sounds like we'll need one. Thanks for your report.
leber
Water Boy
Water Boy

Any idea where to find a video of the PC? I can't find one anywhere.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

leber wrote:Any idea where to find a video of the PC? I can't find one anywhere.
I would like to know myself....
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

leber wrote:Any idea where to find a video of the PC? I can't find one anywhere.
the stream was http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-f ... -body.html
and they usually post the vo later. might want to check the Rebelvision. If not posted now should be later
tonight.

ETA http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-f ... 11aaa.html

this is where it will be when its up.. the transcript tis already there so should be soon
CMB
2nd String
2nd String

I watched it on RebelVision myself....may still be able to view it there
OMNOB 1A
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

jrebel87 wrote:Guys and gals of rebelfaithful, I have come to eat my crow. I admit I wasn't happy about this hire and I voiced that opinion on here many times..............but I was wrong. I was very impressed by what I saw and heard at the presser. First of all, Freeze's love for our university was apparent from the start. Second of all, he said that he will demand that our players have accountability and that if one person from one position group (such as rbs) messes up, they all get punished. Third of all, he said our offense will be a no huddle wide open offense that is going to try to get over 90 snaps a game. He said our defense is going to be a monster that is dying to hit somebody. Here is another good point that Mike Glen from Fedex brought up at the presser: he said that the search firm they used talked to Freeze and then called him and said (and I quote) " Archie and Mike, I have to tell you something. I have placed over 60 coaches in division one jobs over the years so I have a good idea of who the have and have nots are. This guy, Hugh Freeze, is a have. Ya'll have hired yourself a gem of a coach! Rebfaithful....................as bad as it pains me to say it..........I could hear success in this guys voice and I could see it in his eyes. We made the right choice. Now let the bad mouthing begin..............
I think somebodies smitten...
leber
Water Boy
Water Boy

Thanks! I will have to check again later. They haven't posted the video or the transcript yet. I couldn't see it live, but everyone I have talked with that did seems impressed or at the least, feeling better than they did prior to it. Hopefully we will all be impressed again this time next year! Hotty Toddy!
RushB
Site Admin
Site Admin

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan
allen
Water Boy
Water Boy

I too, was at the press conference. Check out Rebels247.com to read the latest on the hire. Also, you can watch the p.c. on Rebelvision. It's still there.
Allen Baswell
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I thought we'd gone the preacher route before. It sounds like he is going to put together a sun belt staff. So far I see nothing to be optimistic about. Hopefully, that will change.
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

Yeah, I agree with you. I watched it. And he talked the talk. Let's just hope he walks the walk.
But he did seem genuine, I'll give him that. He's got a heck of a tall order in front of him...
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Sloan....Orgeron....Nutt

Saban...spurrier...Bear

In my experience the real good ones don't even much like to talk.
badmotorfinger
All American
All American

Rebchuck18 wrote:Sloan....Orgeron....Nutt

Saban...spurrier...Bear

Did Orgeron even know how to talk? 8)
Rule #1.......Don't panik
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

badmotorfinger wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:Sloan....Orgeron....Nutt

Saban...spurrier...Bear

Did Orgeron even know how to talk? 8)
Spit....talk....you say tomAto .....I say toMAHto 8)