Heisman question

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

Flashback to 2003. Instead of tripping on Doug Buckles foot, if Eli throws a game winning touchdown pass and we beat LSU and make it to Atlanta, does Eli win the heisman?
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:Flashback to 2003. Instead of tripping on Doug Buckles foot, if Eli throws a game winning touchdown pass and we beat LSU and make it to Atlanta, does Eli win the heisman?
Yes...unless ESPN launches a campaign against him like they kind of did with Peyton
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

They got another player a Heisman tonight. Never heard of the guy until he beat UT and OU.
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I agree. The presentation is all political. How well did Jason white end up doing in the NFL? Oh..right..
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JoeRebel wrote:They got another player a Heisman tonight. Never heard of the guy until he beat UT and OU.
We've talked about him on this board earlier in the season. This guy has the goods by all accounts. He was a junior this year, but he's already graduated. His completion percentage and td's are ridiculous. I didn't think they'd give it to him b/c of where he played.
Some Random Dude
colreb1974
Scout Team
Scout Team

I thought he deserved it. I watched him play a few times this year and he is good real good. I actualy made a facebook comment as soon as the heisman show started that said and your winner is RG3 He has been my pick since the middle part of the season.
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vince Lombardi
joe_t25
Scout Team
Scout Team

Luck is good and will be the No. 1 pick in the draft, Nothing great without Harbaugh coaching.
Richardson is basically the same player as Ingram was last year, easy to run behind a 5 star line.
Honey Badger - Game changer, if anyone else deserved it, its him.
RG3 - Fun exciting to watch, in a BCS conference, see how bad Baylor is post RG3. He should have won.
Pain Dont HURT!
CMB
2nd String
2nd String

jrebel87 wrote:I agree. The presentation is all political. How well did Jason white end up doing in the NFL? Oh..right..
I made a comment similar to this about Eric Crouch and was reminded that the Heisman is about the best player in college football, not who will make a better NFL player
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

CMB wrote:
jrebel87 wrote:I agree. The presentation is all political. How well did Jason white end up doing in the NFL? Oh..right..
I made a comment similar to this about Eric Crouch and was reminded that the Heisman is about the best player in college football, not who will make a better NFL player
I agree. My argument with that year was 'where would Ole Miss be without Eli' and 'where would Oklahoma be without Jason White'. Ole Miss would not have been in the Cotton Bowl and co-West champs. Oklahoma would've still been in the National Championship game with another QB.
Some Random Dude
AtlantaRebels
2nd String
2nd String

They shouldn't have been... Didn't they get waylaid by USC... White had 2 busted knees there was no way he was going anywhere. He now runs a memorabilia shop and an athletes foot