Grant Heard added to coaching staff

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Ole Miss: Arkansas State quarterbacks coach Grant Heard has accepted a position on Hugh Freeze's staff at Ole Miss.http://www.coachingsearch.com/coaching- ... icker.html

does this mean Brewer is going to UNC?
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

It certainly appears as if that is a possibility.
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an
intolerable one." - Thomas Paine
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Brewer is gone. I'm sure ready for some good news, but it just seems to keep getting worse and worse.
jimmt
Water Boy
Water Boy

I am excited about this hire. He was an excellent receiver and has a good reume with players he tutored having great success in th NFL.
"What we have today is not a capitalist society, but a mixed economy – that is, a mixture of freedom and controls, which, by the presently dominant trend, is moving toward dictatorship." - A. Rand
StrongRebel
2nd String
2nd String

Gross... This is better than Matt Luke hire though, but still is completely disgusting.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I would've been more OK with this if they had kept Brewer.
Some Random Dude
Deadman
Scout Team
Scout Team

lewindha wrote:I would've been more OK with this if they had kept Brewer.

Did I miss something but wasn’t Brewer asked to stay and decided on his own to leave?
Last edited by Deadman on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deadman
ReservoirReb
3rd String
3rd String

Deadman wrote:

Did I miss something but wasn’t Brewer to stay and decided on his own to leave?
You didn't miss anything.
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an
intolerable one." - Thomas Paine
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

Fail on this hire.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I don't know. I just didn't see Brewer leaving Ok. State b/c he wanted to work with Nutt. I thought he wanted to come home. If I believe that, then I believe something didn't sit right with him and Freeze.
Some Random Dude
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

lewindha wrote:I don't know. I just didn't see Brewer leaving Ok. State b/c he wanted to work with Nutt. I thought he wanted to come home. If I believe that, then I believe something didn't sit right with him and Freeze.
fwiw - heard he will be the OC at UNC, if true then its a step up for him
1OLEMISSREBEL
All American
All American

lewindha wrote:I don't know. I just didn't see Brewer leaving Ok. State b/c he wanted to work with Nutt. I thought he wanted to come home. If I believe that, then I believe something didn't sit right with him and Freeze.

that's what it seems like to me too...
Even a bad day as a Rebel is better than a good day with the dawgs!!!!
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Look at it this way. Let's say you've been coaching in Div 1 FBS for seven years. The teams you have coached during that time have been successful for the most part. You have a body of work in lesser divisions and Juco before that, including head coaching experience, and your div 1 experience includes offensive coordinator as well as position coach. You have several players that you've mentored who are now in the NFL. You are associate head coach. You work hard to hold things together by yourself while the search committee looks for a head coach. Now, that search committe goes out and hires a new head coach with less experience than you. The new coach has a grand total of three years as an assitant coach, all on losing teams, and one as a head coach. Regardless of whether you think the new guy deserves the position, it is awful difficult to find yourself working for someone less experienced than you are.
Deadman
Scout Team
Scout Team

ReservoirReb wrote:
Deadman wrote:

Did I miss something but wasn’t Brewer to stay and decided on his own to leave?
You didn't miss anything.

i had to fix what i did miss...

Deadman
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote:Look at it this way. Let's say you've been coaching in Div 1 FBS for seven years. The teams you have coached during that time have been successful for the most part. You have a body of work in lesser divisions and Juco before that, including head coaching experience, and your div 1 experience includes offensive coordinator as well as position coach. You have several players that you've mentored who are now in the NFL. You are associate head coach. You work hard to hold things together by yourself while the search committee looks for a head coach. Now, that search committe goes out and hires a new head coach with less experience than you. The new coach has a grand total of three years as an assitant coach, all on losing teams, and one as a head coach. Regardless of whether you think the new guy deserves the position, it is awful difficult to find yourself working for someone less experienced than you are.
Exactly. Brewer was just as qualified to be OC as Frank Wilson was/is, and he wanted to be at Ole Miss IMO. Isn't that why everyone is so on board with Freeze, b/c he wanted to be at Ole Miss.
Some Random Dude