Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Twitter
@Jpmosley17
jamal mosley
Fresh out of weights,love the new strenght coaches, super hyped about them.....

looks like we have some, anyone know who they are?
rebeldevotee
Scout Team
Scout Team

Saw that and was wondering if I missed an announcement.
jeffssportsblog.wordpress.com
jeff967
Scout Team
Scout Team

????????????????????????????????????????someone know????????????????????????????????????
one of Flop's sons
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Obama appointed a strength coach while Freeze was in the bathroom 8)
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebchuck18 wrote:Obama appointed a strength coach while Freeze was in the bathroom 8)
I think your mistaken... it was a Strength and Conditioning CZAR. that Obama appointed.
Later,
Hagar
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Hagar wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:Obama appointed a strength coach while Freeze was in the bathroom 8)
I think your mistaken... it was a Strength and Conditioning CZAR. that Obama appointed.

I stand corrected, bow to your expertise and beg forgiveness for using the colloquial term :P
metalinc
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Rebchuck18 wrote:
Hagar wrote:

I stand corrected, bow to your expertise and beg forgiveness for using the colloquial term :P

Pro forma
jeff967
Scout Team
Scout Team

so who is this new and all Important Strength and Conditioning CZAR?
one of Flop's sons
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

looks like Paul jackson
rebeldevotee
Scout Team
Scout Team

Figured I would post this here since it is under new staff. And I do not see it anywhere else. Looks like Wesley McGriff will be CB coach an co-deffensive coordinator. Also It appears from what I read Kirby Smart confirmed today that he spoke to Ole Miss and Southern about the HC jobs but they both wanted to go another direction. Just interesting because a lot of people were saying we did not talk to any other real candidates.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeldevotee wrote:Figured I would post this here since it is under new staff. And I do not see it anywhere else. Looks like Wesley McGriff will be CB coach an co-deffensive coordinator. Also It appears from what I read Kirby Smart confirmed today that he spoke to Ole Miss and Southern about the HC jobs but they both wanted to go another direction. Just interesting because a lot of people were saying we did not talk to any other real candidates.
Just to clarify what was said was that we didn't "consider" any other candidate...speaking to someone to tell them we were going in another direction does not meet the definition of consider.

It is sounding more and more like Freeze was the guy from the get go and the "search" was more or less a rubber stamp of the choice...whose ever choice it was. It does not stretch the bounds of imagination to believe that Boone had more input than advertised and this may in some manner be his last hire.

I have a hard time believing that Archie's rolodex was ever even opened. There just doesn't appear to be any sign of serious "activity" by this search committee...serious activity is hard to hide in this day and age.

But it is what it is.
Last edited by Rebchuck18 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebeldevotee wrote: And I do not see it anywhere else. Looks like Wesley McGriff will be CB coach an co-deffensive coordinator.
That would be a good pick up. Vandy had a good pass defense this year.
rebeldevotee
Scout Team
Scout Team

Rebchuck18 wrote:
rebeldevotee wrote:Figured I would post this here since it is under new staff. And I do not see it anywhere else. Looks like Wesley McGriff will be CB coach an co-deffensive coordinator. Also It appears from what I read Kirby Smart confirmed today that he spoke to Ole Miss and Southern about the HC jobs but they both wanted to go another direction. Just interesting because a lot of people were saying we did not talk to any other real candidates.
Just to clarify what was said was that we didn't "consider" any other candidate...speaking to someone to tell them we were going in another direction does not meet the definition of consider.

It is sounding more and more like Freeze was the guy from the get go and the "search" was more or less a rubber stamp of the choice...whose ever choice it was.
No I was not talking about you there are some folks I have talked to that honsetly believed we did not talk to one other person about the job.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

Everyday that passes, the new staff, including Freeze, is growing on me. Maybe because the news isn't fresh anymore and we really haven't had anything to be really dissappointed with...but, it is what it is. I think one thing I like about Freeze is the staff he has put together, which IMO, is a good one. Can't wait till signing day to see what his "first class" will look like....
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

Rebchuck18 wrote:

It is sounding more and more like Freeze was the guy from the get go and the "search" was more or less a rubber stamp of the choice...whose ever choice it was. It does not stretch the bounds of imagination to believe that Boone had more input than advertised and this may in some manner be his last hire.

I have a hard time believing that Archie's rolodex was ever even opened. There just doesn't appear to be any sign of serious "activity" by this search committee...serious activity is hard to hide in this day and age.

But it is what it is.
You are correct ... I know that the committee didn't consult 2 of the names mentioned in our coaching search (ie. Kirby Smart or Larry Fedora)
neither man was interviewed... I know this as FACT. I have a friend who is very close to the Fedora Family. Kirby Smart has all but said he wasn't considered and confirmed by the search Committee that we were never going to interview an Assistant. While I am not ready to drink the Kool Aide just yet I am cautiously optimistic about this hire...At least this staff appears to be hungry...I like what I am hearing regarding recruiting and I know Hugh has an Offense that can move the chains... now the kicker will be...what about your red zone %... I am really scared about running the spread...but if you have no O linemen to play with you make em irrevelant.
if we can put a product on the field that is at least competitive early in the year I will be impressed...most years we don't even have game plans uintil we get to SEC play. Like I said I am cautiously Optimistic.
Later,
Hagar