ESPN's beat writer likes Hugh Feeze

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

I like where this thread went. With all the drama that went on around here last month, this seemed like a good showing for everybody in coming to some kind of agreement over the coach and expectations.
We Are Ole Miss
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

I'm hoping. That's all. Believe it when I see it.
But I am hoping. At least some improvement on both sides of the ball. That's all I want. Relevance.
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

BobReb wrote:I'm hoping. That's all. Believe it when I see it.
But I am hoping. At least some improvement on both sides of the ball. That's all I want. Relevance.
And all the Lord loving Rebels say amen.
We Are Ole Miss
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

mpzreb17 wrote:
BobReb wrote:I'm hoping. That's all. Believe it when I see it.
And all the Lord loving Rebels say amen.
AMEN!
Randy
colreb1974
Scout Team
Scout Team

I am the husband of a coach that coaches two sports. She is at a school that has had no leadership and noone to even teach correct fundamentals but her teams are young and they are willing to learn and she will be able to mold them into the players she wants them to be. Same thing here at Ole Miss Freeze has some talent but odviously they were not held accountable for their actions on and off the field. What I am getting at is even though this is high school compared to college she is selling these kids on the journey and how to get to their destination one step at a time. She is not selling a one night stand. I believe Freeze is doing the same. Freeze is telling us what we do not want to hear but he is also telling us to keep your heads up because the future is bright. He has alot of house cleaning to do the house is odviously dirty and needs a facelift. I do not expect a bowl game this year but I will hope for one but I do expect on the following year.

Being said all of this Freeze was not what I had hoped for but after sitting back and listening to him and seeing what he did at Arky State I am hopeful. Before someone says well Arky State aint the SEC I know this. He has to start somewhere. There is not any conference like the SEC but if you can take a program and turn it around like he did at Arky State then you can replicate that anywhere you go. He just has to surround himself with the right group of people. I am just glad he is not giving us false hope this year.
"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vince Lombardi
GS1953
Scout Team
Scout Team

I was looking at ESPN's pre-season rankings for next year (way to early to really know) and our schedule is brutal...We will have to play 5 of the preseason top 10 teams and 7 of the preseason top 25. They currently have Ole Miss ranked number 77, the lowest of any SEC school... I think next year we will do good to win 4-5 games. We will not really be able to judge any coaching staff on wins and losses next year based on how low Boone, Nutt and crew left this program. As long as we show improvement in proformance and attitudes the wins will come. However, we are a couple of years away from enough wins to qualify for a bowl game. With that being said I hope the coaches and players prove me wrong. Anyway I will be there cheering them on.....Hotty Toddy
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

However, we are a couple of years away from enough wins to qualify for a bowl game. With that being said I hope the coaches and players prove me wrong. Anyway I will be there cheering them on.....Hotty Toddy
Agreed, but as you say, I'm still hoping. You just never ever know...
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

we have enough talent that less than five wins will mean that the team has underachieved.